? about Mariner statis.

Hflors

I am heading for a 42 day cruise. Right not I am a 3 star mariner and I need 12 days to become a 4 star mariner. Will the ship recognize me as a 4 star mariner during this cruise?

Thanks for any info.

I am heading for a 42 day cruise. Right not I am a 3 star mariner and I need 12 days to become a 4 star mariner. Will the ship recognize me as a 4 star mariner during this cruise?

Thanks for any info.

Not likely: it is supposed to be on the cruise after the one you reach the 4 star level. (If this were a Grand cruise, it would be during that cruise)

As this is a long cruise, you never know. Strange thing happen on HAL!

Thanks for any info.

At first I thought it might be made of two segments because I saw an overnight in Barcelona. Couldn't find an offering for the first part from Fort lauderdale to Barcelona. So, I'd say you will not be able to get upgraded to 4*. Had the first part been a bookable segment, you could have been able to get up graded based on cruise days only (not based on spending or suite bonus days).

At first I thought it might be made of two segments because I saw an overnight in Barcelona. Couldn't find an offering for the first part from Fort lauderdale to Barcelona. So, I'd say you will not be able to get upgraded to 4*. Had the first part been a bookable segment, you could have been able to get up graded based on cruise days only (not based on spending or suite bonus days).

Actually it is possible to book this cruise in two segments. I think it is a 17 day and a 25 day. One goes from Ft Lauderdale to Rome and the next goes from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. We are booked on the total 42 days.

We became 3 star on our recent cruise. We received our pins and a congratulatory letter towards the end of our cruise. We didn't receive any benefits though.

The same thing happened to me on a 33 day cruise. I only needed 3 days to move up but I received the pin and letter about two days before the end of the cruise.

Actually it is possible to book this cruise in two segments. I think it is a 17 day and a 25 day. One goes from Ft Lauderdale to Rome and the next goes from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. We are booked on the total 42 days.

I couldn't find the second segment on the HAL site (Rome to FLL). But that could be me doing something wrong. If it can be booked as two segments, then you will definitely be able to get upgraded on the second segment. I have done it from 3* to 4* on a Caribbean B2B. :)

If you booked it under 2 separate booking numbers - one for the 17 day and one for the 25 day you would get the 4 Star benefits for the second leg. This happened to us when we went from 3 to 4 star several years ago and I confirmed with HAL Mariner Society folks that it will happen again this fall when we go from 4 to 5:D

you are proactive. I was in the same situation on the same cruise last Oct. and this is how the Mariner Society told me to handle it:

A few days before you reach 4 star status go to the front desk and request benefits. They will email the Mariner Office asking permission to upgrade you. Remember: Seattle Mariner offices are closed weekends.

After Seattle OK's your upgrade the ship will issue you new room keys with the upgrade of 4 star benefits at the beginning of the second leg of your cruise. This only happens on a cruise which can be booked separately such as yours.

Enjoy the wine discount package; we sure did!

First of all, sorry you didn't stay on the Rotterdam cruise on March 30th - it would have been nice to meet you ;)

Seriously, you have gotten some good advice here.

One of our roll call members was "in the same boat" on the Prinsendam. He called the Mariners' society and they sent an email which he took with them and followed their instructions. He did get his 4* benefits on the next segment. The cruise does have to be in different segments though I believe.

There is usually some savings to the collectors' cruise so you would need to weigh out the cost difference versus the 4* mariner benefits.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks everyone for your replies. Yes this cruise does have a couple of segments we are booked on the whole cruise 42 days as apposed to two separate segments. I just thought that since it was 42 days and I just need 12 they would move us up to 4 stars during the cruise. I guess I will just need to wait. I'll check with the front office, and we will see what they say. It won't effect us one way or another.

I understand the advice given the OP, but just to clarify, what is different about the world cruise ( as some mentioned )?

We will be on the next world cruise and will move up to the next level somewhere along the way, will we receive benefits right away, or have to wait until the beginning of a new segment?

Thanks.

I understand the advice given the OP, but just to clarify, what is different about the world cruise ( as some mentioned )?

We will be on the next world cruise and will move up to the next level somewhere along the way, will we receive benefits right away, or have to wait until the beginning of a new segment?

Thanks.

I believe that on the Grand World Voyage and Grand Voyages, you are upgraded during the segment (actual day of) it occurs on. You don't have to wait until the next segment to start like on regular cruises.