Majesty Cocina Mexicana

Whenever there are local food trucks just tacos seem to be 10 - $13 for 3; so an unlimited menu for $18 seems pretty reasonable. Thanks for posting the menu. I think they have been doing this for a while and alternating with an Italian theme in Compass Deli at night too with pasta and wine.

Did you go to dinner one night?

We went to it on the last cruise out of Miami. These are my opinions for whatever they are worth. We didn't like the food, very tasteless & very small portions. Yes you can order more, but ordering more bad stuff isn't worth it. They didn't even have any hot sauce, how can you eat Mexican food without hot sauce. They offered me Tabasco hot sauce, to me that is vinegar flavored catsup. We would never spend that kind of money again for so little.

I'm sure I'll get hammered for this but why do you pay for food on a cruise?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

We do not mind paying the extra for better quality food and a more relaxed dining environment than the MDR or WJ. Also DW has a dairy allergy and we feel that they do a far better job catering to her dietary needs. We just factor the extra into the cost of the cruise just as some people do with the drink packages, shore excursions, shopping or gambling....none of which you need to spend money on yet many people do.

I'm sure I'll get hammered for this but why do you pay for food on a cruise?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Nah, won't hammer you. MDR food used to be of much higher quality and served as 5 course meals with palette cleanser between, higher quality desserts, etc. Over the past 10 years or so the increase in specialty dining has seen the decrease in MDR food, in my opinion.

Now the specialties branch out into more niche offerings. If there's something highly rated and a niche that would cost me more at home to try, I might go for it.

On my next cruise I'll likely go to a specialty one evening.

Hey bob, would you happen to know who the DJ currently is on Majesty? Last year it was DJ J.P and he was terrible, hope they rotated him.:confused:

DJ Tic Tac is onboard now.

Whenever there are local food trucks just tacos seem to be 10 - $13 for 3; so an unlimited menu for $18 seems pretty reasonable. Thanks for posting the menu. I think they have been doing this for a while and alternating with an Italian theme in Compass Deli at night too with pasta and wine.

Did you go to dinner one night?

No, we did not try it.

i would never pay $10.00-13.00 for 3 tacos.at the very good Mexican restaurant we get 3 big tacos is $6.50.full dinner with burrito,enchilada and taco with rice and beans $8.50 so no way would I pay $18.00 for Mexican food

• 2 weeks later...
Unlimited for $18 sounds like a real deal to me.

Unlimited at $18 sounds good, but to me, I just don't have an 'unlimited amount of space in my stomach'.....so I will never eat enough -- but that is just me. I believe when they started the Mexican Cantina, it actually was less....but when they realized people like it, changed the price.

To LMaxwell -- I don't ever remember hearing that they had an alternating Italian restaurant, as part of the use in the evenings of Compass Deli. Prior to the concept of the Mexican Cantina they had a "Taste of Tuscany" offering up there....it was a full menu (5 courses, with wine included) at a fixed price. We did it once and it was fabulous....but I don't believe they do that any more at all.