Maya Chan beach club mexico

umpisoccer

When we were there in 2014 our ship was in port different times than what their normal times were listed at and they had no problem accommodating us. Just send them an email and they will let you know. Love this place!

Considering Maya Chan for when we stop here- it's not until next year so I have plenty of time to decide, but of course as soon as you book the cruise you start thinking about these things!

Everyone seems to rave about this place, but I have a couple of concerns-

I read that the road is really bad on the trip over? My partner is very safety concious and I'm worried he would hate this if the road was very bad and dangerous seeming? He would probably just refuse to go. He's the type of guy who would never go on a 4x4 or off road tour as he thinks they are death traps.

I also read that the water is a murky brown and not clear at all? I'm struggling to see how it gets such amazing reviews if the water isn't nice to swim in!

The road is not unsafe. It's just a dirt road with a lot of ruts. The last time I was there, the water had some seaweed but was a perfect temperature in my opinion. As a Floridian, that means about 78 degrees. Maya Chan is a great place and I would not go anywhere else at Costa Maya.

The road is not unsafe. It's just a dirt road with a lot of ruts. The last time I was there, the water had some seaweed but was a perfect temperature in my opinion. As a Floridian, that means about 78 degrees. Maya Chan is a great place and I would not go anywhere else at Costa Maya.

Thank you! As long as the road does not feel unsafe he will be happy.

It's not unsafe, it's just a slow ride with a lot of twists, and these speed bumps made out of thick ropes. The taxi I was in for one leg of the trip also smelled like sewage. I was pretty queasy by the end of the trip back, and very happy to see the port.

But just unpleasant, not dangerous, like some of the mountainous routes you hear about in other ports.

Considering Maya Chan for when we stop here- it's not until next year so I have plenty of time to decide, but of course as soon as you book the cruise you start thinking about these things!

Everyone seems to rave about this place, but I have a couple of concerns-

I read that the road is really bad on the trip over? My partner is very safety concious and I'm worried he would hate this if the road was very bad and dangerous seeming? He would probably just refuse to go. He's the type of guy who would never go on a 4x4 or off road tour as he thinks they are death traps.

I also read that the water is a murky brown and not clear at all? I'm struggling to see how it gets such amazing reviews if the water isn't nice to swim in!

Back in Janurary 2016, in Costa Maya, we booked a $23 each non alcoholic beach day at 40 Cannons resort. Took a taxi, $3.00 per person to the resort (fairly close by) where we were met by our server Miguel. He set us up with chairs an umbrella and with this pass you got all the bottled water or soft drinks you wanted.. also nachos snacks. 40 Cannons is a cute hotel/bar on the beach. There is a cool boardwalk in the area, that you can take a walk by other hotels, restaurants, shops. At 40 Cannons, there were massage tables $40/hour and it was very peaceful. At the end of our stay, Miguel gave us a voucher for $2 cab ride back to the pier. Walked outside the resort, got a cab back to the ship in plenty of time.

Back in Janurary 2016, in Costa Maya, we booked a $23 each non alcoholic beach day at 40 Cannons resort. Took a taxi, $3.00 per person to the resort (fairly close by) where we were met by our server Miguel. He set us up with chairs an umbrella and with this pass you got all the bottled water or soft drinks you wanted.. also nachos snacks. 40 Cannons is a cute hotel/bar on the beach. There is a cool boardwalk in the area, that you can take a walk by other hotels, restaurants, shops. At 40 Cannons, there were massage tables $40/hour and it was very peaceful. At the end of our stay, Miguel gave us a voucher for $2 cab ride back to the pier. Walked outside the resort, got a cab back to the ship in plenty of time.

Thank you I will look it up now! Neither of us drink so I'd be totally fine with that package

Thank you I will look it up now! Neither of us drink so I'd be totally fine with that package

You're very welcome. By the way, if you are cruising to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel, just click on my account and then click on threads started my me and you will see my tours I booked for those stops. Had a wonderful experience at all ports. For the price of one of NCL's tours I took 4 by booking my own!

You're very welcome. By the way, if you are cruising to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel, just click on my account and then click on threads started my me and you will see my tours I booked for those stops. Had a wonderful experience at all ports. For the price of one of NCL's tours I took 4 by booking my own!

Looked up Cannons and it looks lovely. I might consider going somewhere like that or Blue Kay instead of Maya Chan as we don't drink so what's the point of paying for AI? I was a little worried about taxis, is it easy to get a taxi to and from these resorts?

Looked up Cannons and it looks lovely. I might consider going somewhere like that or Blue Kay instead of Maya Chan as we don't drink so what's the point of paying for AI? I was a little worried about taxis, is it easy to get a taxi to and from these resorts?

Regarding hiring a taxi at the Costa Maya cruise port: not to worry. You do need to walk out of the cruiseport. Walk down the avenue to a taxi queue. Tell the taxi driver where you want to go. I cannot speak for other resorts; however, getting a taxi from 40 cannons was easy. That resort was further down the street from the others, where many taxis were located, but one was right there. So even if you walked down the street you will find many. One more thing, sort of off topic. As you walk out of the cruiseport, many tour operators may try to get you to take their tours. Just say no thank you. Also, on the beaches, there are vendors, hawking their wares. Don't let that get to you. I just politely said "not today" and they were on their way. Hey, the way I saw it, they were just doing their job. Yet, here at home, on the beaches, we don't see that kind of thing.

Edited by snooze like a norwegian

• 3 months later...

We were here last week. It was my absolute favorite all time excursion. The staff amazing food fabulous day bed and hammocks for every group unlimited drinks and taco bar. Highly recommend. I can't wait to go back. The only downside is the bumpy road to get there. Oh all

So transportation is included. The cost was only $50 pp

IMG_2395.jpg.57d063c2bbe0b29a30c74f2f9ee19276.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg.542030b8e678136f456f36ccf58e53ba.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg.82ed99c978c967a846e0ce2f80ad814a.jpg

They do a deposit for each guest (if I recall it was $10 a person) through paypal then will send you an invoice for the remaining amount about a month before your date for final payment. You'd have to email with them about cancellation questions I'm not sure.

Edited by dividedsky

They do a deposit for each guest (if I recall it was $10 a person) through paypal then will send you an invoice for the remaining amount about a month before your date for final payment. You'd have to email with them about cancellation questions I'm not sure.

Thanks

Is Maya Chan easily accessible? My father will be with us when we visit. He's disabled with a bad back and knee, so he can't walk long distances. Due to his circumstances, is MC still recommended?

Can he travel by car? It's a 15 minute taxi ride to get there. Plus you need to walk through the cruise port and then cross the large parking area where shuttles/trams and excursion buses are and out the complex gates to the taxis. Roads might be a bit bumpy.

But even if you went to the malecon beach area, you would need to walk to the trams and then ride to the beach.

Hi all!

I'm trying to get all my cash in order for my trip next month (yey!).

I am going to Maya Chan (there are two of us).

Approximately how much tip should I figure on giving total for two people?

It's my mom and me and I want to make sure I give enough.

Is $30 enough? More? Less? I know everyone is different but what is about the average?

Thank you so much!

• 8 months later...

we were there several years ago and when we had a chance to get on a cruise to go back we said yes. the service is wonderful and staff is very nice. just a quite peaceful day. looking forward to being there in a couple weeks. Will put a post then.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Visited a few days ago from NCL PEARL. Had reservations for 2 of us. Followed the directions that were e-mailed to us but we're glad to follow a family who had been before to the meet up site, as it wasn't quite as easy to find. But my name was on the list and after signing away any chance of suing the owner, we were loaded into a taxi. Taxi fare was included in price for the day. It's a very bumpy and rather long ride to the resort but just wait until you get your welcome drink and are shown to your private area for just your party! I will admit the beach chaos were a little old and could use some cushions, but didn't plan to sit there much. We had our own snorkel gear and got ready to check out the water. They have a selection of gear, including water shoes to borrow at no extra cost. The beach was very nice with no sea grass! Water was a little murky but after going a little further out, much better. Saw a couple rays, quite a few fish although mostly small ones and a crab. Friend saw starfish. Area right by pier had more fish. It's pretty shallow so kids would be able to join in. Didn't try to go out to the reef. Took out a kayak, the an inflatable chair. Lunch was soft tacos with choices of filling served budget style. Sea bass was awesome!had A Corona With Lunch.Food Was Excellent and there was plenty. Worse part of day was when it was time to leave! Taxis were there as promised aand were able to take to the terminal for drop off. I'd go back next trip to Costa Maya for the food and friendliness of the whole crew! Rest was topping on the cake! Quite reasonable rates also!