Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

Carnival's brand ambassador stated on his public Facebook page that we could select both early and morning. If I get a steward who refuses, it will definitely get a negative mention in my post-cruise survey.

They'll ignore the complaint unless EVERYONE complains. Did the tablecloths come back after people complained? Did smoking on balconies come back because people complained? CCL does not care, they'll give you a cheap bottle of champagne to make you feel better and a "sorry."

They'll ignore the complaint unless EVERYONE complains. Did the tablecloths come back after people complained? Did smoking on balconies come back because people complained? CCL does not care, they'll give you a cheap bottle of champagne to make you feel better and a "sorry."

Why should they when so many people will come on and say we dont care about tablecloths.

They take away the elegance of cruising one step at a time and unfortunatly most people dont seem to care.

Someone made a new post this week that they just got off a ship and it happened but they got gaslighted and the post disappeared.

I have seen a couple of posts on other threads but JH again addressed and said it is/was not true and twice a day is alive and well.....

I have seen a couple of posts on other threads but JH again addressed and said it is/was not true and twice a day is alive and well.....

But if a few people post that they are not given a choice, how many people have had this happen to them and didnt know that were given a choice and so never complained?

But if a few people post that they are not given a choice' date=' how many people have had this happen to them and didnt know that were given a choice and so never complained?[/quote']

Who knows...... I have no idea why someone in Miami would answer the question that way (of course we are getting both the question and the answer third hand and JH has reaffirmed yet again it is not a policy.

If there are one or two room stewards that are going awol on this, I am sure it will be dealt with. At times here, conspiracy theories abound and multiple faster the tribbles.

Sent from my iPhone

Once you reach that platinum/diamond tier they throw a couple of perks your way (some here call it entitlements), and they don't always have to recognize those perks - like priority debarkation. As more people reach that tier of platinum there's more and more people at embarkation which causes congestion. So, maybe to keep it so uncrowded what if they did away with platinum embarkation and give it only to diamond. It's always more taking than it is giving.

/just a thought

I dont know about most people who are platinum, but I can tell you that the single reason I wanted to become platinum was for the Priority statuses. I could care less what my card color is, I wanted to be able to skip long lines. When I first started cruising Carnival, it was all about the low price point to get on the ship. Now that I am older, more financially stable and platinum status, Carnival is always my first choice to try and take a vacation away. If they take priority away from Platinum, I will still consider Carnival, but they wont be my only choice at that point.

At the end of the day, taking priority embarkation/debarkation away from current Platinum members, will put a nasty taste in a very loyal fan base. If there is a such a problem at embarkation or debarkation and they are worrying about it growing, then I would add a level in between Platinum and Diamond and grandfather current platinum guests to that level.

Another option would be if current embarkation starts at lets say 11:00am, make it so that from only 11:00 am to 12:00pm, platinum/diamond guests board with priority, then move directly into your standard staggered times.

Is JH the one giving the passenger the choices or is the room steward?

I dont know about most people who are platinum, but I can tell you that the single reason I wanted to become platinum was for the Priority statuses. I could care less what my card color is, I wanted to be able to skip long lines. When I first started cruising Carnival, it was all about the low price point to get on the ship. Now that I am older, more financially stable and platinum status, Carnival is always my first choice to try and take a vacation away. If they take priority away from Platinum, I will still consider Carnival, but they wont be my only choice at that point.

At the end of the day, taking priority embarkation/debarkation away from current Platinum members, will put a nasty taste in a very loyal fan base. If there is a such a problem at embarkation or debarkation and they are worrying about it growing, then I would add a level in between Platinum and Diamond and grandfather current platinum guests to that level.

Another option would be if current embarkation starts at lets say 11:00am, make it so that from only 11:00 am to 12:00pm, platinum/diamond guests board with priority, then move directly into your standard staggered times.

Fairly certain the up and coming "new perk" for plat/diamond is no waiting for anytime dining.

If that is the only perk they are adding does nothing for us as we do traditional dining.

We do ATD so would really enjoy this as a perk and it did work well on the Vista. We just cannot agree on a set time.

I hope if this is a perk it isn't the only one.

I wonder how many non platinum family members will be allowed to eat with you if this is rolled out...[emoji12]

Prior to our Vista cruise I asked John on his page. The answer was no but in practice it was allowed.

Is JH the one giving the passenger the choices or is the room steward?

Is this a rhetorical question? Neither in my case, and apparently the vast majority of cruisers (how about you?). You asking your question alludes to the possibility you missed my point.

Sent from my iPhone

Any other perks on the Vista sailing that you noticed?

Not really, and this one was really more to unclog the stairwells since the two level aft was used. Don't get me wrong, we really liked it. We had an aft balcony on 8 so we could walk to the Havana bar (5 aft) get a drink and then continue on down another two flights and walk right in.

Fairly certain the up and coming "new perk" for plat/diamond is no waiting for anytime dining.

I can see a separate line, but if the ATD tables are full, then they're full.. I can't imagine it would always be "no waiting".