Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

It would appear that some stewards have been given the option of telling people what they can have.

If we were told we could no longer have AM & PM service, I certainly would not remove the tips, but I most certainly would not tip extra.

That is the way I would go also.

Ditto. Still wouldn't be happy about it though. I am spoiled from twice a day cabin tidying. I am not a slob and we keep the room nice, but still, it's nice to know someone is there to give clean towels and whatever else we need.

I love coming back to my room in the evening and finding a single soft light on.

My bed is turned down, a towel animal waits, the Fun Times are on the bed, and I know I am on a vacation. On a cruise.

Is it necessary? No. Do I like it? Yes. Have I come to expect it? Yes. :o

Upset if they take it away? Maybe.

But if my tips, up to this point, have been based on the service I received than I expect a reduction in the daily recommended amount if the service is reduced. Extra is extended for anything above and beyond, and would continue, but the auto is based on expected services. Reduce those, reduce the auto.

It is a simple thing.

With 4 people in a cabin, I really need twice a day service if for nothing else than to get a hold of the towel situation in the bathroom. Those towels do not dry well in the bathroom when they are all wet from use. Hate using a wet towel to dry off from a shower. Also want fresh ice twice a day since the ice melts between morning and evening service. If a steward tells us once a day service only, I will be calling the head of housekeeping pronto.

Ditto. Still wouldn't be happy about it though. I am spoiled from twice a day cabin tidying. I am not a slob and we keep the room nice, but still, it's nice to know someone is there to give clean towels and whatever else we need.

I would take something off to make a point. They just raised the autotips and if they reduce the service something has to give.

I would take something off to make a point. They just raised the autotips and if they reduce the service something has to give.

I always give extra and my point will be removing half the auto tip for the room steward and giving half the normal extra tip.

Edited by figdu

I love coming back to my room in the evening and finding a single soft light on.

My bed is turned down, a towel animal waits, the Fun Times are on the bed, and I know I am on a vacation. On a cruise.

Is it necessary? No. Do I like it? Yes. Have I come to expect it? Yes. :o

Upset if they take it away? Maybe.

But if my tips, up to this point, have been based on the service I received than I expect a reduction in the daily recommended amount if the service is reduced. Extra is extended for anything above and beyond, and would continue, but the auto is based on expected services. Reduce those, reduce the auto.

It is a simple thing.

Well said, and I feel the same way. returning "home" after being out to dinner. a show, dancing, and whatever else floats your boat, it is so nice to walk into an inviting room. would miss this!!

Pat

I dont know about most people who are platinum, but I can tell you that the single reason I wanted to become platinum was for the Priority statuses. I could care less what my card color is, I wanted to be able to skip long lines. When I first started cruising Carnival, it was all about the low price point to get on the ship. Now that I am older, more financially stable and platinum status, Carnival is always my first choice to try and take a vacation away. If they take priority away from Platinum, I will still consider Carnival, but they wont be my only choice at that point.

At the end of the day, taking priority embarkation/debarkation away from current Platinum members, will put a nasty taste in a very loyal fan base. If there is a such a problem at embarkation or debarkation and they are worrying about it growing, then I would add a level in between Platinum and Diamond and grandfather current platinum guests to that level.

Another option would be if current embarkation starts at lets say 11:00am, make it so that from only 11:00 am to 12:00pm, platinum/diamond guests board with priority, then move directly into your standard staggered times.

------------------------------

Remember when they took the captains party away from everyone except for platinum and diamond? Get too many people in one group and they'll find a way to lessen the crowd and save money. Think of all the money they are saving with the drinks and snacks they served to everyone. Now it's only platinum and diamond. If there's too many, they'll have two parties - however, they can't do that with embarkation and debarkation. Just a hunch but they'll take away something like that and make you the platinum member purchase FTTF. It's a win-win for Carnival.

We won't have that problem on Princess since we're elite which is equivalent to being diamond on Carnival.

Walking down the hallways and looking into some rooms they need 4x a day.

But it just 2 of us, we hang our towels up, put all trash away, etc. so once a day is fine, just give us ice and the fun times. If anyone naps we make the bed up anyway since nowhere else to sit since she thinks the couch is for her crap.

Not sure what the moaning is all about???

Is this a rhetorical question? Neither in my case, and apparently the vast majority of cruisers (how about you?). You asking your question alludes to the possibility you missed my point.

Sent from my iPhone

It doesn't matter what JH is saying if the crew are not following his direction. I've had things in writing only to be told, that is now what I was told. Or my favorite, who wrote this (the VP of customer service of the company you work for). Fortunately the supervisor did know who it was.

I am a long time Carnival fan...since 1979, received platinum before they changed it (after 2010), I am also a CCL stock holder. BUT Carnival has misses the boat on loyalty for a very long time. We have spent plenty with Carnival, back in the beginning when taking your whole family was a task!

I have just 97 days now on Carnival and even with my 5 CCL cruises booked (46 days total sailing) I still will be short for 57 days for diamond...which for me has nothing that is wonderful and worth cruising for diamond for, oh maybe for one-time perk. So for now, I am content on sailing other brands that give me more of what I hope Carnival will include someday. As we are just 2 cruises away...from an "Elite” experience. I do not have to worry about beverage packages and bringing on water, just enjoying my time. I might even have 16 drinks to celebrate :D. If they take it all away for loyalty sake, I guess I am going to find a way to have fun with or without Carnival!

I am a long time Carnival fan...since 1979, received platinum before they changed it (after 2010), I am also a CCL stock holder. BUT Carnival has misses the boat on loyalty for a very long time. We have spent plenty with Carnival, back in the beginning when taking your whole family was a task!

I have just 97 days now on Carnival and even with my 5 CCL cruises booked (46 days total sailing) I still will be short for 57 days for diamond...which for me has nothing that is wonderful and worth cruising for diamond for, oh maybe for one-time perk. So for now, I am content on sailing other brands that give me more of what I hope Carnival will include someday. As we are just 2 cruises away...from an "Elite” experience. I do not have to worry about beverage packages and bringing on water, just enjoying my time. I might even have 16 drinks to celebrate :D. If they take it all away for loyalty sake, I guess I am going to find a way to have fun with or without Carnival!

The Diamond perks are nice but it appears the Princess Elite are considerably better. Wish we would have started with Princess a few years earlier.

Micah's Granddad, we think along the same lines. Someone has to be above the hotel directors to see that this is no longer an issue.:)

Long term they want to go to once a day cabin servicing. Give stewards more cabins and they save money on labor.

Perhaps they are turning a blind eye to stewards saying once a day is enough to see how much pushback they get from their customers.

The Diamond perks are nice but it appears the Princess Elite are considerably better. Wish we would have started with Princess a few years earlier.

Those 250 free internet minutes are a nice perk on Princess. The in cabin mini bar setup for Elite is nice too. If you don't drink you can exchange it for sodas or whatever. We like Princess for several reasons, one being there's hardly any kids on board, we cruise during school. On our Legend cruise there were tons of kids and babies - OUT OF CONTROL! Do you know what the definition of a brat is? Someone else's kids.:D

Seems like carnival is always pinching pennies, cutting cost and trying to save money some where. But prices do not reflect as they continue to increase.

I dont mind cutting cost in certain places, like only 1 lobster night in the MDR. I dont mind paying for a lobster in the steakhouse. But cutting cost in terms of employees and service....if the thinking behind 1 time cabin servicing a day is giving stewards more rooms and dropping the number of total employees, that is unfortunate for spoiled cruise goers, and will be difficult with these bigger ships.

Those 250 free internet minutes are a nice perk on Princess. The in cabin mini bar setup for Elite is nice too. If you don't drink you can exchange it for sodas or whatever. We like Princess for several reasons, one being there's hardly any kids on board, we cruise during school. On our Legend cruise there were tons of kids and babies - OUT OF CONTROL! Do you know what the definition of a brat is? Someone else's kids.:D

Princess is kind of like CCL about 10-15 years ago. Production shows with live music, MD making desserts in DR better service on lido.

CCL has better internet service than Princess and value plan costing $ 60 for the week is a significant improvement over what they had.

the nice thing about taking longer cruises is we get to platinum on our fifth cruise. Elite alas will be awhile.