I want to get on the ship first because.....

MMfan14

Because I have to pee. Seriously. I don't know about ports other than Long Beach, but I want to get on the ship as early or quickly as possible because the potties outside the terminal are a nightmare.

When you have 4 kids, three of whom are still potty training or too small for a regular potty, making sure no one has an accident before boarding is tough!

When I board it's almost always after months, if not longer of anticipation and planning. I don't need to be on first but I will board as early as reasonable so I can get my bag unpacked, settle in and start vacation...love the first day.

I don't need to be the 1st........ but I do like getting there before lunch....... because

- I can't really say "I am here, until I am on the ship"

- love the ship before it gets crowded

- it is like an extra "sea day".

and finally............

My 1st cruises, I would fly in the same day from Montreal ( with a connecting flight). So my routine was, get to cabin, drop the bags and run to muster drill.

Now we fly in the day before, so like to get there....... because we can.

Since DH needs wheelchair assistance with embarkation, it's nice to be on early and not have to fight the crowd. I like to get him to a table on Lido and then I go down to the room to drop off luggage.

I don't have to be first, but I like getting on as early as possible. I like to get on, have a meal, unpack my bags and take a nap - all before the safety drill. By the time the ship leaves port, I am footloose and fancy-free with nothing left to do except enjoy my vacation.

I would love to be first for all of the previously reasons. I think my wife would say it would be nice to be first so she could take a lot of pictures without the crowds.

Cruising is a great way to travel!

Edited by JimAOk1945

I don't care about getting on first. I just want to get on early enough that I can relax and start my day that I'm paying for. Don't want to pay for day 1 and not get to enjoy it on board the ship relaxing.

Exactly. I want ro utlize the first day so it could be a complete 7 or 8, or how ever many days i am going.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You don't pay by the day, you pay for a set number of nights so technically as long as you are on the ship before it sails you are getting what you paid for.

Otherwise a cruise would be advertised as an 8 day cruise not a 7 night cruise.

It may be advertise as such but if you lookat the itinerary, they do count the embarkation and debarkation as days in your cruise. So why not get the most of boarding day!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fill in the blanks.

I want to beat the line for either Mongolian Wok or Blue Iguana. Don't need more then one meal but since I don't eat on embarkation day until I'm on the ship I don't want to wait to long and I want to get a seat also

I like to be onboard fairly early so I can take pictures of all the venues around the ship with not too many people in them!

Also, we eat breakfast at our hotel, then plan on lunch onboard....and since I am diabetic, it's important for me to eat at the right times!

So the FTTF cost of 59.95 is worth it!

A lot of people will tell you no. However, I feel that it is totally worth it. Not only do you get on the ship early, but you also get priority tender, as well as the dreaded guest services line. Your room is ready when you board. You can drop your bags in your room and get something to eat and roam the ship -- without your bags in tow.

I have had it on the last few cruises that I have taken and it is worth every penny to me!

Some folks are just "Early" people and some aren't.

I like to show up as early as I can for a cruise. We always buy FTTF. Sometimes it's to get my preferred cabana, most of the time it's just because being early is in my DNA.

If I go to a Disney Park, I'm there when they open.

When I go to an NFL game, I'm there 90 minutes before kickoff. Some people like to walk in at 1:00, and sit down 5 minutes before kickoff. I like to get there early and watch some warm ups, take in the atmosphere.

It's not right or wrong, some of us just can't help being early for everything.

Edited by Bob NC

To get the most for my money!

I usually sail from ports/countries I know well so have no desire to float about...just wanna get on the ship! I have usually been there a while before the cruise anyway.

I also like the fact that with FTTF or even without it the earlier you board the earlier you get your bags and I love to unpack before we set sail.

If we sail from Oz/the US/Asia it may be different.