Why Does the Mast Grill Have Such Dedicated Followers?

need2cruisesoon

We’ve struggled as they cook them on the grill where the meat ones have been cooked, use the same cooking utensils and often serve the fries using their gloved hand to plate a handful and hold the bun with the same hands even though they have used the same hands handling meat. Even when we said about being vegetarian they have never quite got it. How have you managed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My experience on Silly was, they always cleaned the grille before cooking, that is the reason it always took upwards of 20 minutes before it was ready. Rarely had fries as who knows what is in that grease! LOL, please do not tell me...

On other ships, they did not, so I chose to walk away for a bit and not watch, I Am vegan and low-fat at that, it is understood that burgers prepared outside of home will not meet that standard! So I enjoy the few times I choose to eat that way, as it is for my health reasons only, so I do not get as concerned with the fast food as I would in the MDR or other venue where there is more control over preparation.

bon voyage

t - it is the only place, I have found where one can get a freshly cooked and prepared veggie burger.

Many of us vegetarians and vegans think they are great for an occasional eat.

bon voyage

Actually Bo I prefer the veggie burger at Mast Grill to the beef burger- and I am not a vegetarian. It is just a better tasting choice IMO!

Start with a greasy burger and add bacon, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, sauerkraut, fresh tomatoes, pickles and lettuce. Then come the condiments on a grilled roll. Add some fries with ketchup, vinegar and salt. Then you order your favorite beverage from the bar. This combo cannot be beat!

LOL. Oh boy I'd love to see this thread collide with the Weight Watchers one!

The food just isn't that good and if you don't hog a table, as in deck chair hogs, you'll end up sitting in the smoking area.

We just got off solstice and they had three times more tables and chairs as they had in the past, and there was no smoking at the mast bar. Hopefully the other ships following course.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everyday I'd pass by at lunch and the same crowds people chowing on burgers and hot dogs....these people love this place.

Has it developed a cult following?

Had the cheeseburger and was delicious by the way.

Solstice Mast Grill (6/3 sailing).

DSC02517.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

DSC02509.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

The hockey puck burgers taste good and we tried the Lawn Grill for lunch at a cost of $15 and if had to choose again, would eat at the Mast Grill. . Lawn Grill burgers under cooked and we were credited back $15 each so even with no charge, the Mast Grill burgers were better. The fries were good and hot too!

We try to go when there is a line to make sure we get hot fries! :)