Diamond confusion... A little help?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm not quite finding what I'm searching for, so I come to the experts!

Traveling on Allure in August. I am Diamond. Sharing a Junior Suite with my GF, it's her first cruise. On the same reservation are her four kids, booked in two Central Park Staterooms across the hall, and her parents, in a Junior Suite on the opposite side of the same deck.

So.... Who other than me, if anyone, is able to receive any Diamond benefits, and what might they be? I have no interest in going to the Diamond Lounge (already have a drink package). To be honest, I became Diamond on my last cruise and haven't been on Royal in over a year. So I don't even know entirely what I should expect for me. Much less anyone else.

Thanks!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm not quite finding what I'm searching for, so I come to the experts!

Traveling on Allure in August. I am Diamond. Sharing a Junior Suite with my GF, it's her first cruise. On the same reservation are her four kids, booked in two Central Park Staterooms across the hall, and her parents, in a Junior Suite on the opposite side of the same deck.

So.... Who other than me, if anyone, is able to receive any Diamond benefits, and what might they be? I have no interest in going to the Diamond Lounge (already have a drink package). To be honest, I became Diamond on my last cruise and haven't been on Royal in over a year. So I don't even know entirely what I should expect for me. Much less anyone else.

Thanks!

You are the only one entitled to Diamond benefits.

I know you will have the drink package, however, there will be three drinks complimentary at almost any bar on your sea pass each day during the cocktail hours (typically 5 -8:30). There are other benefits also on your sea pass. Maybe the free photo (I think Diamonds get one). So you can take a nice photo of everyone in your party.

Free photo, discount on laundry, free 24 hour Internet or discount on Internet package. These are some of the better perks. Diamond lounge is nice if you want to use the coffee machine during the day.

She can also get the same status being a "Partner" as long as the address is the same

If you sign her up for C&A and use the same address she could be Diamond on the cruise. If the kids also have the same address, they also could inherit her status until they turn 18. Besides the drinks during happy hour the next most useful benefit is the 24 hr of free Internet.

Edited by Biker19

I know you have a drinks package, and you can't share it, but they don't seem to have a problem with you using your 3 free Diamond drinks and giving them away to anyone else.:)

That's true, probably because those are not unlimited.:)

Thanks for the feedback. Interesting about her getting the benefits as a "partner" and the kids inheriting hers until age 18 if we all have the same address.

Just to complicate things, they are in the process of moving in this summer. So technically, they do have the same address. Just not sure if she'll have her license updated by then. But I'm thinking, does Royal actually look at the address? I mean, if I do online check in and use the same address, and sign them up for C&A, how would they verify? Or would they just accept it as true? We provide passports as photo ID.

Thanks for the feedback. Interesting about her getting the benefits as a "partner" and the kids inheriting hers until age 18 if we all have the same address.

Just to complicate things, they are in the process of moving in this summer. So technically, they do have the same address. Just not sure if she'll have her license updated by then. But I'm thinking, does Royal actually look at the address? I mean, if I do online check in and use the same address, and sign them up for C&A, how would they verify? Or would they just accept it as true? We provide passports as photo ID.

The only ID I have used at the port for check in is my passport which does not have an address on it

They will not check her driver's license, only her passport. I would think (haven't done it) that you could link them before the cruise. Good luck.

JC

Let us know how it turns out, interesting situation. FWIW, I think you are stretching a loophole way past its intended usage. I would imagine that the reciprocal partner benefit was created for those in a committed relationship that could not marry in the past, or chose not to marry for some other personal reason. I seriously doubt it was intended for a BF/GF relationship, and especially one with minor children.

Good luck. We have met several LGBT couples that are " official" partners that live in the same household that have been denied the benefits of the other. It was very frustrating for them.

As long as they are at the same address, they should not have a problem. Also, they don't even verify the address as long as both people update their C&A profile with the address and check-in with that address, since passport doesn't have an address. If I were them, I would call again. I had 0 problem doing this for "unofficial" couple.

Let us know how it turns out, interesting situation. FWIW, I think you are stretching a loophole way past its intended usage. I would imagine that the reciprocal partner benefit was created for those in a committed relationship that could not marry in the past, or chose not to marry for some other personal reason. I seriously doubt it was intended for a BF/GF relationship, and especially one with minor children.

I'm not trying to "stretch" anything. I was simply asking what the policy is. Having never met, I wouldn't have anticipated you wold be able to form an opinion about my relationship. But evidently you can. Good for you!:cool:

My brother (Diamond) and his fiancée with whom he lives sailed on Grandeur back in April. This was her first ever cruise and she was afforded all of the same Diamond benefits that he received.

I'm not trying to "stretch" anything. I was simply asking what the policy is. Having never met, I wouldn't have anticipated you wold be able to form an opinion about my relationship. But evidently you can. Good for you!:cool:

I'm wise like that. ;)

You never said Fiance.

If I missed that, congrats on the upcoming nuptials. :D

Edited by John&LaLa

Uodate: SUCCESS!!!!

I called Crown & Anchor and spoke to a very nice gentleman. I told him I am Diamond and that my live in girlfriend and her kids, are traveling with me, and that they have never been on Royal.

He happily gave us "relationship status" which he said only requires you to reside at the same address. And he said that her minor children are conferred Diamond status as well, and as John&LaLa correctly pointed out, they will NEVER be lowered from Diamond.

A shockingly easy and pleasant turn of events! Thanks for all the input!

Uodate: SUCCESS!!!!

I called Crown & Anchor and spoke to a very nice gentleman. I told him I am Diamond and that my live in girlfriend and her kids, are traveling with me, and that they have never been on Royal.

He happily gave us "relationship status" which he said only requires you to reside at the same address. And he said that her minor children are conferred Diamond status as well, and as John&LaLa correctly pointed out, they will NEVER be lowered from Diamond.

A shockingly easy and pleasant turn of events! Thanks for all the input!

Maybe you can get married on the islands. :D