Umm.. Oops.. Who knew checking our C/A Points would offend someone..

I don't know why the FOB could not meet quietly in the back of a library and a LA couldn't help someone quietly in the front.

Because then we wouldn't have the drama of threads like this one.:p

Did she really YELL, or did she just 'state' that there was a meeting? Perhaps loudly because you were [unknowingly] walking into an AA meeting WITH A BEER! So she may have gotten loud, not out of anger, but "OMG the last place you need to be is HERE with a BEER!"

I have a coworker who can't seem to take ANY negative feedback. You can tell her something as simple as "Hey, don't put the blue file folders in with the red", but if you don't smile, hug her, and pat her on the head when you say it, when she retells the story (and she will), she'll say she got yelled at.

It was a yell.. In a Library of all places! LOL

Some have been able to understand the point of my post..

RCCL should have some say over when/where meetings are..

I was gonna respond to those rolling their eyes and making snide remarks.. However.. No need to stoop to that level..

Let's see if I've got this straight. The OP posts that she observed that the hours of the C & A desk are from 2:00 to 5:00. She goes on to say she has the desire to check her point total. Nothing too outrageous so far. She unexpectedly, as would anyone, is surprised that there is an AA meeting in the space and time she wanted to check her points. She mentions a rude reaction but shows no anger (even though several posters implied there was anger involved in her reaction). Her point seems to be that since there are limited C & A hours, there are many times other than 2 - 5 to schedule a meeting. I don't think I'm off base.

Now, those very helpful and logical reactions.

- The ship has a C & A office for this and other types of inquiries, but the OP should have inquired another way - online in another area of the ship, on her computer, off of previous communications, etc. But it was wrong to go to a C & A rep with a C & A question. Profound. All those suggestions might be a bit relevant for AFTER finding the office was not available.

Shame on you OP for doing such a reprehensible thing.

- It is rude not to knock before entering. Hmmm. Public ship, public library, but knocking is required. Now I understand the dilemma when I tried to go to the restroom on my last Oasis cruise. I kept knocking on the door, but no one answered. People came up behind me and just barged in; how rude. I ended up walking back to my cabin to go and just made it.

- Additionally, I can understand knocking because of the need of a high level of security at C & A and Next Cruise. Decisions that determine the fate of the world could be being made. Privacy? Aren't most of those offices on ship always open-door or completely open area?

Profound thinking.

"The main point that everyone is missing is that she had a beer in her hand." No, that is not the main point; it isn't even a point. The post is about scheduling not reactions.

"You don't need a Loyalty Ambassador. You don't need anyone's help. You don't need to be offended."

Yikes! I know. It was god awful of her to want to ask a question with the office right there.

I didn't see "offended. Why was that fabricated? As a matter of fact, the OP acknowledged the need for such meetings. Where's the substance in such a response?

Another day on the RCI board. An innocent report of scheduling that limits a ship's normal service is transformed into something it never was. A person with a point, maybe not an incredibly important one - but she never implied it was - but a valid point.

And then the all-too-common barrage of comments that show no logic and forethought.

If this thread were an SAT reading comprehension test, the scores would be miserable.

OP, have a nice day and ignore those who deserve to be and there have been many in this thread.

Edited by John Reid

Let's see if I've got this straight. The OP posts that she observed that the hours of the C & A desk are from 2:00 to 5:00. She goes on to say she has the desire to check her point total. Nothing too outrageous so far. She unexpectedly, as would anyone, is surprised that there is an AA meeting in the space and time she wanted to check her points. She mentions a rude reaction but shows no anger (even though several posters implied there was anger involved in her reaction). Her point seems to be that since there are limited C & A hours, there are many times other than 2 - 5 to schedule a meeting. I don't think I'm off base.

- The ship has a C & A office for this and other types of inquiries, but the OP should have inquired another way - online in another area of the ship, on her computer, off of previous communications, etc. But it was wrong to go to a C & A rep with a C & A question. Profound. All those suggestions might be a bit relevant for AFTER finding the office was not available.

- It is rude not to knock before entering. Hmmm. Public ship, public library, but knocking is required. Now I understand the dilemma when I tried to go to the restroom on my last Oasis cruise. I kept knocking on the door, but no one answered. People came up behind me and just barged in; how rude. I ended up walking back to my cabin to go and just made it.

- Additionally, I can understand knocking because of the need of a high level of security at C & A and Next Cruise. Decisions that determine the fate of the world could be being made. Privacy? Aren't most of those offices on ship always open-door or completely open area?

Profound thinking.

"The main point that everyone is missing is that she had a beer in her hand." No, that is not the main point; it isn't even a point. The post is about scheduling not reactions.

"You don't need a Loyalty Ambassador. You don't need anyone's help. You don't need to be offended."

Yikes! I know. It was god awful of her to want to ask a question with the office right there.

I didn't see "offended. Why was that fabricated? As a matter of fact, the OP acknowledged the need for such meetings. Where's the substance in such a response?

Another day on the RCI board. An innocent report of scheduling that limits a ship's normal service is transformed into something it never was. A person with a point, maybe not an incredibly important one - but she never implied it was - but a valid point.

And then the all-too-common barrage of comments that show no logic and forethought.

If this thread were an SAT reading comprehension test, the scores would be miserable.

OP, have a nice day and ignore those who deserve to be and there have been many in this thread.

Well Said John!

I'm a He, but that's not your fault.. LOL

It was a yell.. In a Library of all places! LOL

Some have been able to understand the point of my post..

RCCL should have some say over when/where meetings are..

I was gonna respond to those rolling their eyes and making snide remarks.. However.. No need to stoop to that level..

Your post was right on... it was not their place to control the library and yell at you. Thank you for posting your observations.

Totally understand OP would feel awkward.

The library was listed as the place to visit LA during that time. No sign to the contrary on the door.

I am sure OP was aware he/ she could check points online, but passing through library en route to cabin was not a hardship, until this unfortunate occurance.

Not everyone has free internet on cruises. Not everyone is willing to pay the extortionate prices the cruise lines charge!!!!

Why are so many people on Cruise Critic so aggressive / dismissive in their responses ??

Amen! Gets my trophy for common sense post of the week.

Profound thinking.

Wait... Looks like I have to give out two trophies now! :)

OH geez, this reminds me of when I was on the Allure last year. My friend and I went to the library for somewhere quiet to read (me) and use her iPad (friend). It seems like anytime I sit down when on a ship I drift off to sleep. A while later I opened my eyes (I must have heard a sound) and the library was filled with people! A woman said that they were having a FOB meeting and we were welcome to stay, but she was very apologetic and said this was where RCL had assigned them for their meetings. I told her we would leave them to their meeting, which we did. I was not offended or put out as they had no choice about where to meet.

My only complaint was that the Allure did not really have anywhere quiet and comfy to sit and read, as the Viking Crown Lounge (my usual afternoon reading place) was closed to everyone while they doing construction in there.

I'm a He, but that's not your fault.. LOL

Well! That changes everything! :eek: All posters should consider this and repost their thoughts on the matter!

Edited by JoePDX

Profound thinking.

Thank you for bringing common sense and civility back!

You'd expect the library door to be closed, to help prevent noise from outside coming in to those using it.

As for knocking on the library door, well that's your prerogative, but I don't consider it rude for someone not to.

I'm with you on the door thing. Every library on a ship I've been on that has a door (not the nooks and such now on many ships) has had the door closed at just about all times. It's to allow people in the library to have a quiet space and not be disturbed by outside noises on the ship.

I don't think I've ever knocked on a library door when entering when people are inside. For one thing, I would assume they're in there for reading, not taking the time out to have a private meeting (which I would expect a sign on the door to inform me of in that case). For another, I would think knocking would be annoying and disturbing to those who ARE reading. Who wants to hear a knocking sound every time someone comes in if you're quietly reading? I would almost think for a library that it's more rude to actually knock and be disturbing, then not.

She could have asked if you were there for the meeting :eek:

The beer in hand may have been a dead give away. :D

...or maybe a cry for help.

Edited by Big_G