Umm.. Oops.. Who knew checking our C/A Points would offend someone..

We were on the Oasis of the Seas in mid June. We wanted to check and see how many Corwn and Anchor Points we had.. We were told we would have to go to the Library, because that was where they hid the Crown and Anchor representative.

We walked up there, and there was a sign that stated the hours we could check. It was between 2pm-5pm.

Around 4:15pm we were hanging out in the Solarium, enjoying my beer package and decided to walk down to the Library to check..

The first hint should have been that the library door was closed, but not locked..

I was holding a beer in my hand as we walked into the library..

There was a group of people sitting around a table saying the "God grant me the serenity" prayer as we walked in..

One lady jumped up and yelled at me that it was a "Friends of Bill" meeting and that i needed to leave.. aka AA meeting..

Obviously we walked out, and the clerk came out and said that the meetings are totally arranged by the cruisers and the cruise line has no control over when/where they meet..

I totally understand the need for meeting space, BUT, the cruise line should have some control over when/where, especially when there is only a limited schedule for someone to check their C/A points..

We were on the Oasis of the Seas in mid June. We wanted to check and see how many Corwn and Anchor Points we had.. We were told we would have to go to the Library, because that was where they hid the Crown and Anchor representative.

We walked up there, and there was a sign that stated the hours we could check. It was between 2pm-5pm.

Around 4:15pm we were hanging out in the Solarium, enjoying my beer package and decided to walk down to the Library to check..

The first hint should have been that the library door was closed, but not locked..

I was holding a beer in my hand as we walked into the library..

There was a group of people sitting around a table saying the "God grant me the serenity" prayer as we walked in..

One lady jumped up and yelled at me that it was a "Friends of Bill" meeting and that i needed to leave.. aka AA meeting..

Obviously we walked out, and the clerk came out and said that the meetings are totally arranged by the cruisers and the cruise line has no control over when/where they meet..

I totally understand the need for meeting space, BUT, the cruise line should have some control over when/where, especially when there is only a limited schedule for someone to check their C/A points..

You can check your Crown & Anchor points yourself online. Just go to the Royal Caribbean website - it is free to access it on the ship - sign into your account, and your points will be visible.

You don't need anyone's help.

You don't need the Loyalty Ambassador.

You don't need to be offended that a group is meeting in the library.

:rolleyes:

The FOB meeting as well as FOD, and sometimes one or two other passenger led support groups, are listed in the daily compass with a time and place.

Wonder why they'd tell you to go to the library though for the Loyalty Ambassador?

The FOB meeting as well as FOD, and sometimes one or two other passenger led support groups, are listed in the daily compass with a time and place.

Wonder why they'd tell you to go to the library though for the Loyalty Ambassador?

The LA shares their office with the Library now.

The LA used to be easier to find...on Adventure he was around the corner from the elevators on deck #4 in a little cubby hole that was hard to find :eek:...but even once we found him he couldn't have known less or been more unhelpful:rolleyes:.

You can check your Crown & Anchor points yourself online. Just go to the Royal Caribbean website - it is free to access it on the ship - sign into your account, and your points will be visible.

You don't need anyone's help.

You don't need the Loyalty Ambassador.

You don't need to be offended that a group is meeting in the library.

:rolleyes:

I don't believe the OP was the one who was "offended" although the OP had every right to be. The Library is an open venue and the OP had every right to go there with a beer in hand. Of course the OP didn't NEED the Loyalty Ambassador but isn't that the function of the Loyalty Ambassador; to assist passengers with Loyalty based inquiries? The OP's actions were reasonable.

Harry

Edited by traveling1969

As noted, why didn't you just check your points for free on the website? Am I the only one who thinks it's just rude to open a closed door and walk in?

If LA was to be available there at that time the FOB group should either not have been there or not have objected to someone else entering the library.

As noted, why didn't you just check your points for free on the website? Am I the only one who thinks it's just rude to open a closed door and walk in?

Op could check online but that is not the point. They wanted to speak with the LA at the time and place that it was designated to be. They did nothing wrong. I don't think it was rude of op at all. If the room was supposed to be open during the time then why be wouldn't you open the door to check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Op could check online but that is not the point. They wanted to speak with the LA at the time and place that it was designated to be. They did nothing wrong. I don't think it was rude of op at all. If the room was supposed to be open during the time then why be wouldn't you open the door to check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even if the LA were there, they may have been working privately with another passenger. You don't just open someone's door and barge in. If I have my office door closed and someone just opened it and walked in without knocking, I would have considered it very rude.

Even if the LA were there, they may have been working privately with another passenger. You don't just open someone's door and barge in. If I have my office door closed and someone just opened it and walked in without knocking, I would have considered it very rude.

It's a public access library, not your office. There's no point making irrelevant analogies.

You'd expect the library door to be closed, to help prevent noise from outside coming in to those using it.

As for knocking on the library door, well that's your prerogative, but I don't consider it rude for someone not to.

Totally understand OP would feel awkward.

The library was listed as the place to visit LA during that time. No sign to the contrary on the door.

I am sure OP was aware he/ she could check points online, but passing through library en route to cabin was not a hardship, until this unfortunate occurance.

Not everyone has free internet on cruises. Not everyone is willing to pay the extortionate prices the cruise lines charge!!!!

Why are so many people on Cruise Critic so aggressive / dismissive in their responses ??

Edited by Reina del Mar
Further thoughts.

Totally understand OP would feel awkward.

The library was listed as the place to visit LA during that time. No sign to the contrary on the door.

I am sure OP was aware he/ she could check points online, but passing through library en route to cabin was not a hardship, until this unfortunate occurance.

Not everyone has free internet on cruises. Not everyone is willing to pay the extortionate prices the cruise lines charge!!!!

Why are so many people on Cruise Critic so aggressive / dismissive in their responses ??

Just trying to be helpful! All Royal Caribbean ships have a media area with computers and a printer where passengers have 24 hour, free access to the Royal Caribbean website. No purchase of Internet time is necessary.

Just trying to be helpful! All Royal Caribbean ships have a media area with computers and a printer where passengers have 24 hour, free access to the Royal Caribbean website. No purchase of Internet time is necessary.

On some ships..Liberty of Seas for example, computers are in same room as Loyalty Ambassador. Why go to the bother of finding the free access when you can have face to face interaction with a real live person ? Especially useful for those who are not overly IT literate !

It's a public area that was suppose to be open during that time. In no way was it rude to open the door. It's not a private office so your comparison is irrelevant.

The ship offers a LA for the cruisers, and I was using that service. I personally can cook, but am on a ship, so will let them do it for me as well! LOL

I was not offended, the ladies with her panties in a bunch was..

I would never just walk into someone's "office"..

I walked into a library.. Come to think of it, my library at home, the door is closed as well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk