Pacific Explorer details (ex Dawn Princess)

All sorted with original online TA - by using my future cruise deposit my final payment is now pushed out to next year and I have more OBC (than with P&O direct) and a guarantee BA balc (for less than lowest balc with P&O).

Happy girl ......nice when paying solo to feel like a win.

Good work, glad it is sorted.:D

Nice. I'm still trying to find pricing out.

However, I'm also wanting to go to PNG and eyeing off the one in Jan with Princess.

Yes, PNG is high on my radar as well. We looked at the January cruise as well but January would be too hot for us I think.

Keep looking for me..................................

• 1 month later...
I could not pass up the $1 deposit and booked to travel for a quick break on the 28/7/2017 for 3 nights. Quick family getaway on a remastered ship - fingers crossed it's done right! :p If not, it's only 3 days!

No, no, please not 'remastered', that is Cunard talk for QM2 !!!

Refit/Refub for Dawn Princess to Pacific Explorer !!

Until the ship rolls....:D:D:D

then the fun will start.:eek:

The Princess Grand Class ships have a putt putt golf course up top, I spend a bit of time up there. Indeed makes you think when the sea is up a bit.

I suppose the age demographics on ye olde Pacific Explorer warrant the lawn bowls facility going in, LOL.

Note I chose my words nicely.

They will have to keep the kids off the bowling green but, they will rip it up skylarking and the 'mature' bowlers on board will be cranky. Tie down those wide brimmed white bowls hats folks, windy up there.

I must admit though, the refurb looks quite nice.

Edited by NSWP

Can anyone find the Roll Call's for this new/re-branded ship for cruises in 2017? I can't, but that's not saying alot. :confused:

Just checked, no heading on P&O Australia roll calls for Pacific Explorer. Admin of CC need to put one up.

Ha,nup,i just don't like the brand, or their advertising, I will say one thing why are they the last in line for the hand me down ships, why do their reviews hover round the 60% mark.

Plus I have a little first hand experience of lets say, some of their less than desirable clientele.

Now before people start screaming, not all their clientele.:)

Edited by mrs and mrs

The Princess Grand Class ships have a putt putt golf course up top, I spend a bit of time up there. Indeed makes you think when the sea is up a bit.

I suppose the age demographics on ye olde Pacific Explorer warrant the lawn bowls facility going in, LOL.

They will have to keep the kids off the bowling green but, they will rip it up skylarking and the 'mature' bowlers on board will be cranky. Tie down those wide brimmed white bowls hats folks, windy up there.

Yep

Played putt putt a few times, the ship must have rolled more than normal, used to be a fair hand a bowls too, lawn and carpet, on a ship the darn bowl goes everywhere.

Edited by GUT2407

• 2 months later...

But where would they park all the volvos ? 😀