getting munchies while in cabin...what do you do?

luckyinpa

Either bring some with you or go down to the gift shop and buy some. Simple.

I guess you would send your spouse to the buffet to look for something? Or go to the gift shop.

This! Is there in fact a "gift shop" that sells snacks, "junk food", candy, etc? I have only taken one cruise so far (on Getaway) and wondered if there was some place like this on the ship where I could grab something quick to satisfy a munchie craving. I do remember seeing pics of toiletries, meds, first aid supplies, etc. in Gambee's Escape review, but no idea what shop it was or where it was located

On our last cruise, we were too full from dinner/dessert to get the munchies (oh, wait, it was probably our nightly post-late show excursion to O'Sheehan's for fried mozzarella sticks that filled us up...didn't help that our cabin was just down the hall...)!

Bringing food on a cruise ship is like bringing sand to the beach.:cool:

i thought of that before asking the question but didnt really know if since water was forbidden that i could go to the naughty room for bringing my crab chips onboard. id have no problem bringing along a smaller gym bag with 3 or 4 bags of yum like crab chips and salt and vinegar to munch on but i didnt want a tea party like the water situation

usually if I am getting the munchies too much I cut down on the pot i'm smoking... :D

KIDDING!!!! (i dont really cut down!)

i'm shocked it took this long in the thread for 420

At least on every NCL ship I've been on, at the back of the ship (outside) there is a small buffet (same deck as the big buffet) and at 3:00 they usually have sandwiches, chips, cookies, etc. If I want chips or cookies, I'll bring a plate back to my cabin, but be warned by about 3:15 all the cookies can be gone.

i thought i posted to this but i dont see it, weird error

anyway ive never seen this info anywhere in 5 months about reading about this ship. this is good info to have and should be in a master food sticky or something.

i thought of that before asking the question but didnt really know if since water was forbidden that i could go to the naughty room for bringing my crab chips onboard.

You're fine. In all of the whinging about the new liquids policy, it helps to keep in mind that the most likely reason for this policy is to cut down on alcohol smuggling. That doesn't affect things chips.

They don't care if your bring your own snacks. It only saves them money!

Depending on the ship, I look for potato chips, tortilla chips and salsa at the Great Outdoors during the mid to late afternoon.

Or I have been known to hit up a CVS or grocery story while in port to buy a few salty snacks to bring back to the ship.

Edited by logan25

You're fine. In all of the whinging about the new liquids policy, it helps to keep in mind that the most likely reason for this policy is to cut down on alcohol smuggling. That doesn't affect things chips.

They don't care if your bring your own snacks. It only saves them money!

good point about saving them money. never thought of that. only negative is volume of bags of chips is crazy and literally needs their own suitcase for even 2 or 3 bags lol. but they gotta be factory sealed.

i'm glad im not a chocoholic as all that would melt

good point about saving them money. never thought of that. only negative is volume of bags of chips is crazy and literally needs their own suitcase for even 2 or 3 bags lol. but they gotta be factory sealed.

i'm glad im not a chocoholic as all that would melt

That's why we do Pringles....and M&M's (melts in your mouth not in your bags :D;):p)

You've got a 24 hour diner not more than a few hundred feet from your room. Tough it out. Go order something, get a beer while you wait, then take it back to your room. It's really not that complicated.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

i'm a chip fanatic for instance. but something tells me there arent little bags sitting around at the buffet for me to take back to the room.

so what do you do when you get the muchies for chips/pretzels/chocolate or whatever your poison is, and you don't want to leave the room nor have a butler?

I quit smoking dope years ago so I don't get the munchies any more... :D