Diamond member question

My husband and I have always cruised together and will reach 210 nights on our April cruise (getting an Allure Crystal Block). In May, I am cruising in a suite with a friend who has never cruised before.

While it makes sense that my husband will have fewer nights at sea and less cruise points, I had misunderstood that my husband would always stay at the same level and had never really thought about the cruise points being different.

How will this affect future Crystal Blocks? And, in the rare chance that we will ever reach Pinnacle, would I reach it 14 cruise points before he does?

Because I cruise without my husband quite often, and he also cruises with me as much as possible(He is still employed; me not.), I can answer this for you.

Your husband will have his own points, and you will have your own, but your C&A status will be the same. If you are due a crystal block, or have enough points to become a higher level in C&A program, you will receive one crystal block as a couple, or one if you are alone. Your husband will become Pinnacle at the same time as you.

We are hoping to be Pinnacle this December because of me cruising solo so many times.:D

My husband and I have always cruised together and will reach 210 nights on our April cruise (getting an Allure Crystal Block). In May, I am cruising in a suite with a friend who has never cruised before.

While it makes sense that my husband will have fewer nights at sea and less cruise points, I had misunderstood that my husband would always stay at the same level and had never really thought about the cruise points being different.

How will this affect future Crystal Blocks? And, in the rare chance that we will ever reach Pinnacle, would I reach it 14 cruise points before he does?

The points for both of you will always look like you have the same amount. Any trips he takes without you won't really make your combined total go up unless he surpasses your total points

That seems so unusual to me. In many instances, I don't recall seeing any way to pay for drinks. There is no payment terminal in many lounges.

M

There is no need to swipe your sea pass card in the Diamond Lounge. Drinks in that lounge don't go against the 3 drinks loaded on your card (and based on what we've seen over the years with some people, don't stop at three ;)). Those three drinks that are loaded on your card (refreshed each day) are so you can get drinks in any of the public lounges on board instead of (or in addition to) going into the DL for drinks.

Bob, Cruising Grandma, and John&LaLa,

Thank you all for your helpful answers. I Hope to meet all of y'all on future cruises!

Hoppy

Hoppy....I'm on Liberty 9/4-9/25.....3 weeks solo, receiving double C&A points. That is another advantage of cruising solo....if in inside, oceanview or balcony cabin, you receive two points per night. If cruising in a junior suite or higher solo, you receive three points per night.

Look forward to meeting you, also!:)

Hoppy....I'm on Liberty 9/4-9/25.....3 weeks solo, receiving double C&A points. That is another advantage of cruising solo....if in inside, oceanview or balcony cabin, you receive two points per night. If cruising in a junior suite or higher solo, you receive three points per night.

Look forward to meeting you, also!:)

I'll just miss you as we sail on Liberty 10/9 - 10/16. I've never cruised solo, but will cruise without husband for the first time when I introduce my friend of nearly 40 years to the suite life on Liberty next May. She has never cruised before, but I think she'll be hooked and will sail in a solo cabin when cruising with us in the future. I've already explained the double points to her.

My personal goal is a back to back cruise .... Hopefully, in the near future.

Hoppy

My Grandson and his girlfriend just moved in together and will be cruising with us and have their own cabin. My Grandson is Diamond on his own status. They haven't changed their address on their DL yet because they aren't up for renewal. Will she be able to go to the Diamond lounge with him?

My Grandson and his girlfriend just moved in together and will be cruising with us and have their own cabin. My Grandson is Diamond on his own status. They haven't changed their address on their DL yet because they aren't up for renewal. Will she be able to go to the Diamond lounge with him?

Have your grandson contact C&A and request his girlfriend be linked with him. Then she will be Diamond when she gets on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
They require proof that my new partner lives at the same address :rolleyes:

So find a piece of mail that has the partner's name on it with your address, scan it in, and email it to them.

I am assuming that your partner DOES live with you?

Is there a limit to the number of spouses in the same household who can be linked?

You are limited to one linked SO, but unlimited children can be linked.

Edited by clarea

:eek: :mad: :(

I guess the best strategy then would be to link to the spouse with the fewest cruise credits, even though that would be unfair to the spouse with more cruise credits.

I don't think it matters. I'm primary on our C&A account, but Laura has more points, so I show her points when I go to my account.

:eek: :mad: :(

I guess the best strategy then would be to link to the spouse with the fewest cruise credits, even though that would be unfair to the spouse with more cruise credits.

You could link one spouse so they get your C&A level, then a few months later unlink and link a different spouse. Repeat until you run out of spouses. This way all the spouses will get your level because they don't lose the level when you unlink.

Edited by clarea

You could link one spouse so they get your C&A level, then a few months later unlink and link a different spouse. Repeat until you run out of spouses. This way all the spouses will get your level because they don't lose the level when you unlink.

Solution!!! :) :) :) Thank you so much!!!