WOWband now free?

ocav

As Biker19 said, the WOW bands work for everything except leaving and re boarding the ship. The only caveat here is that if you purchase your drink package through the Cruise Planner before sailing, that information is pre loaded on your Card and will be on the Wow Band also. If you purchase the package on the ship and get a little sticker on your card after boarding, it may take a couple days to catch up with you. This was the situation with people on our last cruise. The ones that pre-purchased the package the wow band worked immediately.

Edited by dedosr

Of course they do, they work for anything the Seapass card would work for except for on/off the ship.

I'm curious as to why they have not included the ability to get on and off the ship with the bands.

I'm curious as to why they have not included the ability to get on and off the ship with the bands.

Physically it can be used and some sailings have reported being used, but in some ports the security outside of the port requires the card so RCI just probably took the decision to just not use bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Physically it can be used and some sailings have reported being used, but in some ports the security outside of the port requires the card so RCI just probably took the decision to just not use bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks, that makes sense.

No, no other markings on them. Which means it's time to decorate - Wow band dazzles?

That was part of the plan when they were introduced.

Didn't take off as much as expected though, so they look to have canned it.

The wording is on my setsail which only became available 3 days ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After rereading the OP, they didn't say it would be available "free of charge" in your stateroom. They just said it would be "available" in your stateroom. Soda, snacks, beer and other things are also "available" in your stateroom. That doesn't mean you don't have to pay for them.

If I were you, I would let it go. Is $4.95 really worth getting all worked up over?

As we are discussing the wow bands I´d like to take the thread slightly OT.

I´m just asking out of curiosity here. I haven´t used the WOW bands and I don´t plan on using one, as I´m perfectly fine with the seapass Card and don´t want to wear something around my wrist other than my watch.

I know the wowbands have the Muster stations printed on them, but my question is do they also have some other Kind of identification, like cabin number, folio number or Name?

The reason I ask is this. I have watched the bar waiters taking the orders and as they take your seapass Cards with them to the Register, they do the same with the wowbands. So they end up with a few of those on their tray.

With the seapass it´s usually easy enough to reunite you with your seapass Card and even then I got the wrong one back, not paying Attention to it.

Now what´s with the wow bands? How do you make sure it´s yours?

You don't need to take the wow band off. You just put the wow band against the scanner to pay for your drink. It worked with the drinks package for us.

20160621_152624.jpg

That was part of the plan when they were introduced.

Didn't take off as much as expected though, so they look to have canned it.

They need to learn from DisneyWorld-

They give the magic bands out FREE to anyone staying in a Disney owned resort. Those who buy a ticket only have to purchase one.

The thing is, a lot of people love this, they are sent out to guests before their holiday and it adds to the excitement, but with that, they've created an additional business on top of that, selling "premium designs" as well as tags that can be clipped onto the band, even cases. MagicBands are an extremely lucrative thing for the parks. They can even see who's in what area at what time so they can analyse it to better organise events etc.

How RCI could utilise this is to see what bars people are going too, or even on day 1/2 see what lunch places people seem to drift too and what time in order to staff the venues appropriately. On top of this with their partnership with DWA they've got the option to monetise them further with tags/cases/premium designs etc.

"There's a plain old black band in your cabin or if you want shrek on it that'll be $9.99"

I found them to be quite popular when they were free on Quantum, it's a shame they started to get greedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk