Current Captains

lakemurraykid

Thank you once again! Yippee, we have 'The Boss' again. He is a brilliant Captain and a wonderful wildlife spotter and at the end of each announcement always says, 'Wash those hands.' One day he made his usual 'where we are and what's happening' chat and then turned off his mike and we wondered why he hadn't finished ... Then he came back on and simply said, ' Oh, and don't forget - wash those hands.' He is delightful!

Thank you.

Susan

Thank you once again! Yippee, we have 'The Boss' again. He is a brilliant Captain and a wonderful wildlife spotter and at the end of each announcement always says, 'Wash those hands.' One day he made his usual 'where we are and what's happening' chat and then turned off his mike and we wondered why he hadn't finished ... Then he came back on and simply said, ' Oh, and don't forget - wash those hands.' He is delightful!

Thank you.

Susan

His crew thinks he walks on water ;) Went out in Ketchikan a couple of years ago, walked into the Tongass Trading Co. store down the dock, and came back with gloves and beanies for all the security guards. Very beloved captain and yes, loves the wildlife, especially in Alaska. He holds competitions on the bridge who; quartermaster, Deck officer, etc. can spot the first bear ashore.

Captain Bos was also Rotterdam Vs (now a museum/hotel ship in the port of Rotterdam) last captain before the ship was sold to Premier Cruises back in 1997

Captain Bos was also Rotterdam Vs (now a museum/hotel ship in the port of Rotterdam) last captain before the ship was sold to Premier Cruises back in 1997

Two former Rotterdam V captains on their old ship

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/topics/hal-history/two-hal-captains-visit-the-bridge-on-ss-rotterdam/

Thank you for the link. I understand his crew having such admiration for him. Captain Bos was the man who got us 'hooked' on sailing. That was in 2013 on the beautiful Volendam and we are now 4 star mariners. (Sorry, but once again ... Yay!)

Thank you for the link. I understand his crew having such admiration for him. Captain Bos was the man who got us 'hooked' on sailing. That was in 2013 on the beautiful Volendam and we are now 4 star mariners. (Sorry, but once again ... Yay!)

Ditto! (and also YAY!)

Which cruise itinerary you doing?

You are very fortunate to be sailing with Captain Bos.

Which cruise itinerary you doing?

You are very fortunate to be sailing with Captain Bos.

Hullo there you two - hope you are well. We think we are very fortunate, too! 5th January 27 days Sydney/ your beautiful country/Sydney/S.A./Tassie/Sydney. (It bit shorter than our 43 days last year.) The two Canadian ladies we met on the circumnav. last year are flying down to join us - so excited about that. You are repeating the circumnav. are you not?

All the best, Susan.

Hullo there you two - hope you are well. We think we are very fortunate, too! 5th January 27 days Sydney/ your beautiful country/Sydney/S.A./Tassie/Sydney. (It bit shorter than our 43 days last year.) The two Canadian ladies we met on the circumnav. last year are flying down to join us - so excited about that. You are repeating the circumnav. are you not?

All the best, Susan.

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like to meet when Noordam is visiting Port Chalmers, or have you made arrangements?

No we are not doing the circumnavigation this year, but sailing on Maasdam Auckland to Auckland 22 days, visiting various islands.

Who will be Captain on the Volendam October 13 2017 Yokohama till dry dock in Singapore? I thought it was to be Captain Baaijens.

Capt. Frank van der Hoeven is scheduled to take Volie from Vancouver to Yokohama, Japan.

Capt. Chris Turner is scheduled to relieve him in Yokohama

Copper--do you have any information on who will be at the helm of the Konigsdam after it returns from Europe? Thanks so much for your gracious replies and keeping us all informed!

Canadian Captain Darin Bowland is scheduled to take her from Europe to FLL and then into the Carib

Good afternoon John, I'm seriously considering Westy for her crossing back across the pond. ( I took her over, might as well bring her back[emoji3])

Who will be her staff for the repo. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Westie westbound TA:

Capt Mark Rowden

HD Mark Pells

GRM Maja Milanoska

DRM Komang Sumartha

PGM Gabor Csoma

CD Judy Day

Hi copper!!!!

Will be on The Maasdam out of our hometown San Diego on 2/25/2018.

Wonder if you could let me know who will be our Captain!!

PS hope your doing well neighbor!

Thanks again

Denise:)

Capt. Arno Jutten is scheduled, Dee Always subject to change!

His crew thinks he walks on water ;) Went out in Ketchikan a couple of years ago, walked into the Tongass Trading Co. store down the dock, and came back with gloves and beanies for all the security guards. Very beloved captain and yes, loves the wildlife, especially in Alaska. He holds competitions on the bridge who; quartermaster, Deck officer, etc. can spot the first bear ashore.

In my opinion Captain Peter Bos is the Best in Alaska.. I have been with him on the Volendam, the Oosterdam and the Noordam. He is the best.