Hotel near Bayonne - Port Liberty Cruise Port

We have also stayed at the residence inn in Elizabeth. There are several hotels there, a mall and a few restaurants within walking distance.

We used the airport shuttle and took an uber to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have also stayed at the residence inn in Elizabeth. There are several hotels there, a mall and a few restaurants within walking distance.

We used the airport shuttle and took an uber to the port.

I believe the other hotels in that complex are Courtyard and Country Inn & Suites. If I recall correctly, the Country Inn has a cruise shuttle package.

What's your exact date? How much are you willing to spend?

You can stay at the Airport or if you're willing to spend an extra taxi fare, you can stay in the Newport area of Jersey City on the Hudson River.

I like using Embassy Suites prior to my RC sailings. Are there any restaurants/stores near the hotel?

Yes....there is a Ruby Tuesday and Ihop in front of the hotel....and a gigantic mall is across the street.

Google the Mills at Jersey Gardens....place is huge!

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good hotel somewhere near the Newark airport or the cruise port? I've searched some sites but it appears the choices are few and far between.

Check the hotels in Elizabeth NJ there are a lots of them. That is the nearest hotel to airport and the cruise port.

Try trinityreservations.com. They specialize in stay-park-cruise specials and the prices are very reasonable. We are booked in the Ramada in Newark (near airport) before our Anthem trip. Paying $202 for the room, but it includes transport to and from terminal and parking for up to 21 days. Since it's a 12 night cruise and parking is around $20 per day...we're coming out ahead of the deal;).

I also use this site when we are flying to someplace as well. Only thing to know is you will have to pay the reservation in full on booking BUT you can cancel up to day before with no penalty. And their customer service is top notch:D

We booked the Ramada Plaza Liberty Airport Stay, Park and Cruise Package through trinityreservations.com prior to both of our 12 night Anthem cruises last winter and were very pleased with the hotel and the service provided by them and Trinity Reservations. We highly recommend both Trinity Reservations and The Ramada Plaza in regards to where to stay prior to your cruise. Also the Ramada is only 8 miles from Cape Liberty or half the distance away than are the Elizabeth, NJ hotels being mentioned. We previously stayed and parked our car at the Country Inn in Elizabeth for our X Silhouette cruise out of Cape Liberty but now prefer the above.

FYI, the Trinity Reservation package rate is good for up to four persons in a room at no extra cost including shuttle between the hotel and the port and EWR airport if needed.

Edited by robtulipe

We've stayed at the Residence Inn in Elizabeth a couple of times, very nice. Free airport shuttle.

I agree...we have used this several times and have been pleased with our choice.

Edited by linkerbink

if you're willing to spend an extra taxi fare, you can stay in the Newport area of Jersey City on the Hudson River.

We were just in that area last week, it is very lovely, several hotels, lots of restaurants & shopping, train into the city is right there ... and beautiful views of NYC, especially at sunset.

If we ever decided to cruise out of Port Liberty, that's where we would stay.

Currently sailing on Anthem of the Seas. Stayed at Country Inn and Suites. It is across the street from Residence Inn and $75 less. They have a free shuttle from Newark Airport. At the front desk I purchased a round trip transfer from the hotel to the ship returning from the ship to the airport. Cost $35 per person round trip. You will be happy!! Have a fun cruise!!😎

I actually work at the Marriott at Newark Airport. We have park and cruise rates as well as hotel car service that will take you to and from the port! I love the weekend mornings with everyone coming and going from cruises. Let me know if you have any questions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also used Trinity Reservations for our stay at the Ramada Inn when sailing out of Bayonne. The hotel was clean and staff were very helpful. You get free shuttle to the port and free parking for up to 21 days. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you to NYC for the day and the cost was $25.00 per person the last time we did that.

Try Jersey City, which is only a 10 minute easy cab ride away from the Bayonne cruise terminal, plus has easy access to New York City if you arrive a day or so early. There is a Westin, a Courtyard by Marriott, a Hyatt Regiency, and a Doubletree ... there are great restaurants here too (Komegashi Too has TERRIFIC sushi and Japanese, and Confucious has some of the best Chinese we've ever had).

Michael

Currently sailing on Anthem of the Seas. Stayed at Country Inn and Suites. It is across the street from Residence Inn and $75 less. They have a free shuttle from Newark Airport. At the front desk I purchased a round trip transfer from the hotel to the ship returning from the ship to the airport. Cost $35 per person round trip. You will be happy!! Have a fun cruise!!😎

Excellent price for the transfers. I assume it was a shared shuttle. How does it work on the way back to the airport, are there several shuttles leaving at different times?

Next time I cruise on the Anthem, I'm parking in Mike's driveway and he's going to drive me to the ship. ;) :D

Would be a pleasure, Merion Mom ... though in the spirit of candour, I should say that my wife and I lived in Jersey City until 2008, and then moved to a small town in Monmouth County, about 45 minutes away. As fate would have it, my company recently transferred me to our Jersey City office, and my building is less than one block away from the apartment we used to live in.

My wife has said, "If only we knew then what we know now, we never would have given up the apartment". This little area of Jersey City is absolutely terrific.

Michael

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good hotel somewhere near the Newark airport or the cruise port? I've searched some sites but it appears the choices are few and far between.

A Priceline search of Hotels near Newark Airport shows 106 Hotels in the Newark, Jersey City, Meadowlands area.

It also shows 121 Hotels if you search the Bayonne, NJ area...

Garmins Mapquest shows 50 places of lodging with 5 miles of the Newark Airport.

You could also check Trip Advisor...

Dennis