Favorite Barcelona Hotel

kandj05

We stayed at the Hotel Barcelona Universal. We walked over to the Las Ramblas, about a 12 min walk.

That is a nice hotel, I stayed there last time.

A rather good location and a lot of nice local tapas restaurants not far from the hotel. Very helpful staff and a (small) rooftop pool.

I had one of their two superior double rooms and it was very nice with a terrace, separate sitting area and a jacuzzi.

/Erik

George, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. they have a lovely lounge area. This was for our 2011 TA and 90 of us transferred out of one of the Las Ramblas Hotels to the universal when one of our Members sent us the Link. There was a mass exodus to the Universal. LOL. I will have to google the streets nearby but if you wish to email me, I can tell you how to get to Las Ramblas. We walked a block & a half turn Left and straight up to Las Ramblas, a 12 minute walk and nicely lighted street. I also had organized the Old Walking tour for our Roll Call at the Placa Reial.

Email: GLea472968 at aol dot com.

That is a nice hotel, I stayed there last time.

A rather good location and a lot of nice local tapas restaurants not far from the hotel. Very helpful staff and a (small) rooftop pool.

I had one of their two superior double rooms and it was very nice with a terrace, separate sitting area and a jacuzzi.

/Erik

Thanks Erik, you had suggested this to me last year and we did book one of those 2 rooms, now only a month away

George, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. they have a lovely lounge area. This was for our 2011 TA and 90 of us transferred out of one of the Las Ramblas Hotels to the universal when one of our Members sent us the Link. There was a mass exodus to the Universal. LOL. I will have to google the streets nearby but if you wish to email me, I can tell you how to get to Las Ramblas. We walked a block & a half turn Left and straight up to Las Ramblas, a 12 minute walk and nicely lighted street. I also had organized the Old Walking tour for our Roll Call at the Placa Reial.

Email: GLea472968 at aol dot com.

Thanks for the info, we are doing a half of day tour with many from our meet and mingle on second day

Hello again, here are the streets to get to the Las Ramblas/Placa Reial

1. Turn Left out of Hotel walk block and a half, Turn Left unto Carrer nou de la Rambla

2. Continue on Carrer Nou de la Rambla and cross over the intersection of av de les Drassanes to Las Ramblas

3. The Placa Reial ( fountain restaurants & Walking tour ) are dirrectly acoss down the side street, Carrer de Colom

There was a great Pizza Restaurants on Las Ramblas to your left as you come unto Las Ramblas.

Your half day tour will be a great way to see Barcelona. Sadly even though we had 2 1/2 days, the day we arrived, we walked over to las Ramblas, the 2nd day we had the walking tour and day before our cruise an organized tour to Montserrat so never really got to see all the landmark location.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

The Hotel 1898...great hotel & location.

This was actually on my short list of places to stay in Barcelona, until I found The Cotton House, which is a Marriott property (Autograph Collection), and we're getting our 3 nights with points.

Cotton House is in Eixample, but reviews say it's walking distance to Las Ramblas and anything touristy. This will be my first time in Spain and I'm so excited!

Hotel Jazz was my first stay in Barcelona. It was a great stay (discussed in my Serenade review linked in my sig). Next time I was with family and we stayed at Hispanos 7 Suiza apartments. This was far away from the Ramblas, near the Sagrada, and was great for a more condo-like experience in a quiet neighborhood with plenty of transportation options.

Edited by silentbob007

Hello again, here are the streets to get to the Las Ramblas/Placa Reial

1. Turn Left out of Hotel walk block and a half, Turn Left unto Carrer nou de la Rambla

2. Continue on Carrer Nou de la Rambla and cross over the intersection of av de les Drassanes to Las Ramblas

3. The Placa Reial ( fountain restaurants & Walking tour ) are dirrectly acoss down the side street, Carrer de Colom

There was a great Pizza Restaurants on Las Ramblas to your left as you come unto Las Ramblas.

Your half day tour will be a great way to see Barcelona. Sadly even though we had 2 1/2 days, the day we arrived, we walked over to las Ramblas, the 2nd day we had the walking tour and day before our cruise an organized tour to Montserrat so never really got to see all the landmark location.

Do you know if Universal Barcelona has electric converted for our American appliance? thanks

Jass and Universal are good hotels! We have always stayed at Continental Barcellona.

Continental Barcelona is an ALL INCLUSIVE hotel located right on the Ramblas and just ONE HALF BLOCK from the Plaza de Catalunya. Therefore very centrally located.

With Barcelona best views of Ramblas from front lounge/balcony area and balcony rooms.. Additional Large balcony in rear for socialing! Each room with its own ‘fridge, plus the added bonus of free Wi-Fi. The FREE buffet food and includes wine, beer, coffee and ice creme!) is available 24 hours a day with dinnng area! Decorated in pink, all our rooms have en-suite facilities, are fully air-conditioned and have flat-screen TVs with all the satellite channels you could wish for. Elevators and Security cameras! See web!

Edited by ssb

I have stayed twice in Hotel 1898, a little pricy but we loved the location on Las Ramblas, the rooftop bar and pool, the lower level spa and grotto pool, and the friendly lobby bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sandebeach

Another vote for Hotel Jazz. We stayed there before and after our recent cruise on Brilliance and had a fantastic experience. The location is perfect for being able to walk around and explore and the roof-top pool/lounge area is a nice extra.

We always stay at Hotel Continental Barcelona, right on La Rambla. A few blocks from the metro station and in the midst of everything. They also have free food buffet all day.

This is the one that has the pink rooms, right?