Phone service St Thomas

dogboy

Its a territory, just like Puerto Rico, as for your AT&T question, I'd look at their website to see if you are covered in St. Thomas.

Actually the U.S. Virgin Islands is the territory, St Thomas is one of the three main districts of that territory. ;)

Is it true that since St Thomas is considered part of the U.S. we can get service and use AT&T phones to make calls and text back home?

Speaking from the experience of having spent 10 days on St. Thomas last Christmas, AT&T is considered domestic in St. Thomas and no roaming or other unusual fees are charged. Verizon is not that way, and you pay International roaming with Verizon. (I have an AT&T iPad and all data was included, and a Verizon phone and every text was charged.)

Speaking from the experience of having spent 10 days on St. Thomas last Christmas, AT&T is considered domestic in St. Thomas and no roaming or other unusual fees are charged. Verizon is not that way, and you pay International roaming with Verizon. (I have an AT&T iPad and all data was included, and a Verizon phone and every text was charged.)

I've never been charged for a Verizon text, either while staying on the island, or even on our recent cruise stop there. There are charges for Verizon phone calls, but even their terms tell you that texts in the USVI are included with your regular text plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've never been charged for a Verizon text, either while staying on the island, or even on our recent cruise stop there. There are charges for Verizon phone calls, but even their terms tell you that texts in the USVI are included with your regular text plan.

This just changed recently (as in a few weeks ago). When we were there last month, St. Thomas was fully included as domestic for Verizon Wireless, including for calls.

I used to live on STT and had ATT for my service. Depending upon where you are on the island, ATT may be your carrier, or sometimes a Brittish carrier picks up (especially near Sapphire/Redhook area which is close to the BVIs). Just be sure to check the carrier says ATT before you use it.

I work for AT&T and can verify Virgin Islands are covered under AT&Ts domestic (lower 48) plan so phone calls, text and data will be included with your normal domestic plan (if applicable). This is valid through out the entire island including Sapphire Beach proximity. We've been there many many times in the past 10 years and always on the AT&T network; never any roaming or surcharges.

Edited by Warm-Water Diver

I worked on St. Thomas for 6 years - AT&T service is excellent and the same as if you're on the mainland US. If you head over to St. John, you sometimes will pick up the BVI carrier - it drops in and out and you'll get a text message from AT&T "welcoming you to the BVI." Enjoy your trip!