Can you take off luggage prior to disembarkation port????

portcbob

Hi princess cruisers.

Doing our 1st princess cruise, 25 nighter from Beijing to Sydney. Our problem is we can take 30kg with us from Australia however when we get off the ship in Sydney we are only allowed 23 kg on our return flight home to the Gold Coast. I do realise we can pay for excess luggage however what I want to know is can we drop off some of our luggage to a friend at Brisbane port to reduce our weight??????

Thank you in advance.

Hi princess cruisers.

Doing our 1st princess cruise, 25 nighter from Beijing to Sydney. Our problem is we can take 30kg with us from Australia however when we get off the ship in Sydney we are only allowed 23 kg on our return flight home to the Gold Coast. I do realise we can pay for excess luggage however what I want to know is can we drop off some of our luggage to a friend at Brisbane port to reduce our weight??????

Thank you in advance.

I would say yes. When we cruise to the Mediterranean... we take gifts for family - actually take extra suit case... leave it and gifts behind... have done so many times... without any question in any of the ports.

I have done this when my daughter sailed RCL. She walked off with the extra suitcase, met me and gave me the bag. No problems. She did have to go through a security check before she got off and explain what she was doing.

She then flew from Sydney back to Bribane with only carry on luggage.

When on board talk to purser's desk and they will tell what you need to do.

Hi princess cruisers.

Thank you in advance.

I would say maybe because I do not know the rules in Australia.

When we had a small suitcase with items for my wife's family in the Netherlands we were required to complete a form at the PSD and by law were required to have it when removing the suitcase in Rotterdam. No authorities were at the cruise terminal to check our documents but at least we met the legal requirements.

So there may be a difference between what is legally mandated & how the policy could be applied. On my only flight to Australia from the US, I know that customs scrutinized what we carried. We claimed our trail mix with nuts which was allowed because the nuts weren't raw; another couple we met during the flight decided not to claim their trail mix and the last I saw they were being led away by customs for further investigation. But it might be much different when arriving by ship than on an airplane.

As I was composing my post, I see that Gwendy recommended checking at the PSD which was where the notification in the Patter said to go to for the required NL document.

Last year we did a circumnavigation of Australia, lots of people tools bags off in their home port, either because they would need the clothes therein for later parts of the cruise, to do laundry or to drop off some of the presents they had picked up along the way.

On my wedding cruise (Sydney to Beijing). We took a pile off stuff off whilst in Darwin and posted home to Adelaide. The wedding was over by then and we were in honeymoon mode. By the way, Princess did a wonderful job of cleaning my wedding dress :-)