Alaska... Round 2 Wife says we're nuts

Gotcha! My group of friends trying to go on an Alaska cruise is in the mid 20's, we are mostly engineers, scientists or geologists tho. Just don't want to be stuck with a bunch of older people that's all...

Ain't that the truth!

Wow- Dawn-small world. We live on Wilmington Island-on the way to the crab shack- Yes,I love it here-except for the sandnats! I do miss Missouri in the fall,though. My favorite time of year. Bet your daughter loves SCAD. My son is at Georgia Southern in Statesboro,Ga- little over an hour from here.

It is a small world. Miranda loves SCAD - even with the insane hours she puts in at the computer lab. Speaking of Sandgnats (the baseball team, that is), we saw their very last game at the historic stadium. It almost seemed like Fall this morning here - temps in the high 50's but now on the way to 80.

One good thing about living in landlocked Missouri and having to fly to cruise ports is that it opens up all possibilities and I don't feel like I'm tied to a certain embarkation point. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

My parents invited their children/spouses and grandchildren to join them on an Alaskan cruise. My wife, who has never been on a cruise, declined for fear of the ship sinking and/or getting violently seasick. Now THAT'S insane! (So we went on the cruise without her)

Next time she declines a free cruise let me know and we will see if we can work something out. Don't know what I'll do with my DH though.;)

Could be, could be. I can't get my wife interested in an Alaska cruise.

A few years back I convinced my wife to take an Alaskan cruise. She grudgingly agreed... Since then she is asking when can we go again. She tells everyone it was her favorite trip.

I don't think you are crazy at all! Our first cruise in 2004 was Alaska. Since then, there have been many Caribbean cruises, Hawaii and Canada/NE. We have been talking recently about going back to Alaska. We were so overwhelmed the first time we went with both Alaska and first time cruising. It was amazing. Definitely on the list to do a repeat! We have done the same itinerary many times out of Galveston, but I agree that every cruise is different. Try new things, go at a different time of year, book different excursions...so many ways to make each cruise unique. Enjoy them all!!

Our last time on Radiance Alaska was four years ago, 7 night

southbound. Knew we wanted to go again for another week

ASAP.

Sailed again the 5th of this month, and then got our fix of wanting to

go again done right way....stayed on board for the northbound. ;) :D

Edited by island lady

An early welcome to the PNW. Alaska cruise are rather convenient.

Thanks John. We can't wait to live up here.

I'm sure it will be more of a focus on quality over quantity as we won't get all the new latest and greatest ships and the 199.00 specials.

At some point they'll have to start sending some of the newer ships over here to make room for the next round of larger newer ships.

-Sean

Thanks John. We can't wait to live up here.

I'm sure it will be more of a focus on quality over quantity as we won't get all the new latest and greatest ships and the 199.00 specials.

At some point they'll have to start sending some of the newer ships over here to make room for the next round of larger newer ships.

-Sean

This year RCL sent the biggest ship ever to sail to Alaska, Explorer of the Seas.

Certainly not one of the newest in the fleet. Other cruise lines, including Celebrity, have newer ships in Alaska.

You are correct that pricing for Alaska is usually higher than elsewhere. There have been many times that we could pay airfare to Florida and cruise for less than Alaska with no flight.

We just went on our first cruise to Alaska a month ago and our first cruise ever. My Wife and I were talking about how much we loved Royal Caribbean so.. We booked another Alaskan cruise for next year.. Are we insane? LOL

NOOOOOOOOOOO. Enjoy. I loved Alaska and can't wait to go back. Probably a land/cruise tour next time around.

My parents invited their children/spouses and grandchildren to join them on an Alaskan cruise. My wife, who has never been on a cruise, declined for fear of the ship sinking and/or getting violently seasick. Now THAT'S insane! (So we went on the cruise without her)

I believe you!

We just went on our first cruise to Alaska a month ago and our first cruise ever. My Wife and I were talking about how much we loved Royal Caribbean so.. We booked another Alaskan cruise for next year.. Are we insane? LOL

No. We've gone 3 times. Start planning & enjoy