Asking Princess to re fare a booking

newcruzer2

I booked a cruise Last year during the sip and sail offer. (for this Dec)

The cruise is lower in price now. ( by $75pp)

Although the AIBP is worth 'To Us' less than the $56+ a day. I have figured with coffees and bottle water it is worth around $250pp for my DH and I. I doubt that the cruise would ever be worth Totally Rebooking (i.e. $500 less than we paid)

However my question is.... Will Princess (if I call) give me the difference between what I paid and the new price , in an obc ???? :)

I am before final payment,BUT have already paid total due 100% (long story)

TY for any feedback :)

Although the AIBP is worth 'To Us' less than the $56+ a day. I have figured with coffees and bottle water it is worth around $250pp for my DH and I. I doubt that the cruise would ever be worth Totally Rebooking (i.e. $500 less than we paid)

However my question is.... Will Princess (if I call) give me the difference between what I paid and the new price , in an obc ???? :)

You could call and ask....

In the same scenario last year we tried and found we would lose the original promo.

They would not give us the discount in any form. :(

First of all it does not matter that you paid in full early. You could still cancel and get your money back since it is before final payment date.

We did this last year as well. We had purchased a cruise during last years sip and sail and months later the price went way down.

We were able to refare under the new rate but the sip and sail special was totally gone. They do not give you back part of the money, they just refare.

Most likely they will give you a credit on your CC for the difference.

You just need to call your TA or Princess tomorrow and see what they will do.

It does not hurt to call.

Generally, prior to final payment due date, you have a choice. You can stay with the arrangement you have or you can switch to the current offer. If you switch to the current offer, you get the current price and any current perks. You lose the original price and any perks in the original booking.

Generally, prior to final payment due date, you have a choice. You can stay with the arrangement you have or you can switch to the current offer. If you switch to the current offer, you get the current price and any current perks. You lose the original price and any perks in the original booking.

Another option is to ask for an upgrade unless you are against switching cabins.

I totally agree. It happened to me I stayed with my first booking.

Tony

There is a current Sip and Sail promotion, so if it does apply to your cruise you should be able to get the price adjustment and keep that benefit.

By the way, I do not know about the benefit when you booked, but the current promotion offers as an alternative some OBC instead if you prefer. It is much less than the cost of the AIBP, but if you do not think you will drink that much, you might opt for the OBC.

I just did something like this. For my November cruise I wanted to switch from a mini to a deluxe balcony.

I called and was able to keep the drink pkg, plus I got a couple of discounts on fare.

It was not exactly the current promo, but very close and I kept my Sip-n-Sail package.

I just re-booked my December Regal cruise and saved $1200 ($600 per person) on an 11 day cruise. The $1200 savings is the actual savings AFTER factoring all the changes in OBC's, etc. from the old promotion to the new.

Be aware that in the UK there is now £100 administration fee to rebook at a lower price.:mad::mad::mad:

We have to pay the £100 when doing the re-fare - it is not added to your balance. And you can only do this once for each booking so it's a gamble whether a better deal will come up 😡

Try to call while the lower price promo is on.