Excursions for Falmouth Jamaica and Cayman Islands on liberty ship

spoffoj

What are good and reasonably priced excursions either external or through Royal Caribbean in Falmouth Jamaica and Cayman Islands that people have been on?

If external what are the external businesses, and how does that work if you're not going through Royal Caribbean for the excursion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are good and reasonably priced excursions either external or through Royal Caribbean in Falmouth Jamaica and Cayman Islands that people have been on?

If external what are the external businesses, and how does that work if you're not going through Royal Caribbean for the excursion?

In falmouth we did the Blue Hole. We had our kids with us (ages 20-27). They loved it. Jumping into huge blue pools and waterfalls. It also included a lazy river after. Was the best day. We used Liberty Tours Jamaica. They were awesome

Hi - our first time in Falmouth we did the Heritage Walking Tour (http://www.falmouthheritagewalks.com/). We had a great young guide (we met her at the end of the cruise terminal) and really enjoyed the tour. After the tour she pointed us to Club Nazz & Restaurant for amazing Jerk Chicken & Red Stripe Beer! After our late lunch we wandered through the shops at the cruise terminal (there are many). We had no issues - some people are nervous about getting off the ship or venturing out - in Jamaica.

Our next time in Falmouth we did the trolley tour that you can get at the end of the terminal (https://www.shorefox.com/shore-excursion/103/historic-falmouth-by-trolley). It was good and had enough different places to see than from our walking tour. It was about an hour or so long. When we returned we had jerk chicken at one of the restaurants at the terminal. It was NOT good. If you're looking for good jerk chicken get away from the terminal to an authentic place.

Have been to Grand Cayman several times. Not a big fan of the excursions offered. Have done the island excursion including a visit to the turtle farm and Hell a couple of times about 10 years apart. Next time I'd just go to the beach, which is very nice.

All of our tours are private - not through the cruise line. They're always easy to book and the meeting places are very clear. Some people worry about making it back to the ship on time but we've never had an issue (have probably done close too 75 private excursions). These companies know their livelihood depends on making the ship. :) They allow enough time to get back.

Edited by Donna_In_India

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You may also want to take a look at the Ports of Call forums:

Jamaica: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Cayman: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147

The best advice you will get on this thread. :)

Has anyone tried Red Stripe beach excursion through RCI at Falmouth?

It's had mixed reviews on the excursions booking page so would be interested in any thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The last time we were in Cayman we were just going to do Seven Mile Beach but my DH knows how much I love snorkeling. So he booked Captain Marvin's Stingray City. We've done this a number of times. I am glad we revisited it. It POURED all day on the beaches but the sun was shining for the stingrays!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried Red Stripe beach excursion through RCI at Falmouth?

It's had mixed reviews on the excursions booking page so would be interested in any thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did Red Stripe Beach. It is a short (about 10 minutes) ride from the pier. The entrance did not give us a very good feeling, but once at the drop off point, things improved. Make sure you rent a cabana. There are only a few of them. You will also have to rent chairs. The food was OK. We had Jerk chicken for lunch. Prices were not too bad. They did have waiters on the beach taking orders.

There was quite a bit of sea grass in the water, but once you got out past that it was fine. The beach is in a cove and the water is very calm. It was a good beach for walking too.

The shuttle back to the ship started when they said it would and ran frequently.

We just wanted to do a beach excursion and it was the closest to the pier. The Jewel and Rose Hall are a long distance and much more expensive. With the cost of the transportation, cabana, chairs and lunch the 3 of us had a beach day for less than the cost of one person at Rose Hall or the Jewel.

In Falmouth, Jamaica (2013), we did the Rio Bueno River Tubing excursion, only available through the ship at that time, that we absolutely loved. So relaxing and we got to see so much beautiful scenery, both on the short bus ride (30 minutes or less) and floating on the "river" (which is more like a wide, shallow, crystal clear creek by Southern standards !! :D ) It ended with some time at a beautiful, clean beach with option to buy lunch. We would definitely do this one again without hesitation.

In Cayman Islands (2012 and 2013), we did the Stingray City and snorkel with Moby Dick (independent tour). We also loved this one and would not hesitate to do it again.

We cruised to Falmouth October 2015. We did the Dunn River Falls and Private Beach Excursion. 8 hour excursion. The sucky thing was that 2-3 hours of that was travel time. If you don't want to waste alot of time on a bus choose something closer than ocho rios.