Crown Princess Promenade Deck

Bojeanne

Are chairs available on the Promenade Deck of the Crown Princess? Are there many? I like to sit in the shade and watch the sea go by. Any other places on the ship to do this? Thanks for any info on this.

There are always chairs available . The number depends on how many are occupied.

Are chairs available on the Promenade Deck of the Crown Princess? Are there many? I like to sit in the shade and watch the sea go by. Any other places on the ship to do this? Thanks for any info on this.

There are chairs & benches on the Crown's promenade deck but no loungers.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=crown+princess+promenade+deck+photos&qpvt=crown+princess+promenade+deck+photos&qpvt=crown+princess+promenade+deck+photos&qpvt=crown+princess+promenade+deck+photos&FORM=IGRE

promenade-deck--v10576930-cc-720.jpg.438015984de04358957ffc26f7616f39.jpg

Not as nice as the Island/Coral either.

I thought they might also have them but wasn't positive.

There are also some benches that double as storage, but they aren't very comfortable. (I think that's the case on the Crown as well as some other ships.)

The link I posted showed those uncomfortable benches.

image.jpg.eacab53d05a88e133223be24c3296184.jpg

Yes there are chairs.

I love the Promenade deck for sitting and reading and looking at the ocean slip by. I have never had a problem finding a chair and sometimes grab two to put my feet up on one. Of course you can choose a side to sit in the shade or sun, whatever your liking on that day. I enjoy the people strolling by and have spent many a happy hour on deck. The Promenade deck on the Grand class ships is what keeps me coming back to Princess. I'm not interested in the Regal or Royal for that reason.

I love the Promenade deck for sitting and reading and looking at the ocean slip by. I have never had a problem finding a chair and sometimes grab two to put my feet up on one. Of course you can choose a side to sit in the shade or sun, whatever your liking on that day. I enjoy the people strolling by and have spent many a happy hour on deck. The Promenade deck on the Grand class ships is what keeps me coming back to Princess. I'm not interested in the Regal or Royal for that reason.

Hmmm... well, I had thought so to, but found the "Promenade" deck on Regal to be a fantastic place to sit and watch the world go by. It's not crowded, the chairs are comfortable and there's a bar nearby. It's really quite nice. :)

Hmmm... well, I had thought so to, but found the "Promenade" deck on Regal to be a fantastic place to sit and watch the world go by. It's not crowded, the chairs are comfortable and there's a bar nearby. It's really quite nice. :)

Looks like a nice place to sit, but for those of us who walk round and round with our binoculars looking for interesting sights, far too confined! And I like the Princess Grand class promenades because you can get to the bow on the Emerald deck, unlike the HAL Vista class ships, where cuts across in a view-less corridor :D.

Looks like a nice place to sit, but for those of us who walk round and round with our binoculars looking for interesting sights, far too confined! And I like the Princess Grand class promenades because you can get to the bow on the Emerald deck, unlike the HAL Vista class ships, where cuts across in a view-less corridor :D.

That's it exactly! :D Besides sitting, strolling is what the Promenade is all about. I couldn't cruise on a ship that you can't stroll around. And I mean all the way around. A running track is a poor substitute.

Edited by philv

That's it exactly! :D Besides sitting, strolling is what the Promenade is all about. I couldn't cruise on a ship that you can't stroll around. And I mean all the way around. A running track is a poor substitute.

So true. You run the risk (pun intended) of getting knocked over if you stop to gaze on the water.

I love the Promenade deck for sitting and reading and looking at the ocean slip by. I have never had a problem finding a chair and sometimes grab two to put my feet up on one.

I'm not sure that many people would appreciate you putting either your dirty shoes or bare feet on a chair that someone else could come and sit down on after. I see the same on the Royal/Regal Princess sofas in the shade up on the pool deck. It's not hygenic and, in my opinion, just another form of chair-hogging.

I agree! The full size cushioned loungers on the Royal and Regal Promenade decks were very comfortable. The promenade decks on the grand class ships aren't wide enough for full loungers.:D

Our first cruise was on Sea Princess. It had the wide Promenade Deck with loungers. We were surprised when we took our second cruise - Star Princess - to find that wasn't the case on all of the Princess ships. My wife was quite disappointed but she did have a balcony to hang out on while cruising to Hawaii so that helped to make it up to her. :)

I'm not sure that many people would appreciate you putting either your dirty shoes or bare feet on a chair that someone else could come and sit down on after. I see the same on the Royal/Regal Princess sofas in the shade up on the pool deck. It's not hygenic and, in my opinion, just another form of chair-hogging.

Hygienic . . . really?? :rolleyes: It's not like the next person is going to come along naked and sit on the chair with a bare behind and pick something up. :eek: Also, those chairs are subject to sea spray and salt air, which are fairly decent disinfectants, so really there is not much to worry about in terms of passing on some sort of "bug". Also, it's not like people are slogging through a lot of "nasties" with their shoes or feet on a cruise ship. Overall, a pretty silly argument.

In terms of "chair hogging", so often, I see MANY of those chairs free and I personally couldn't care less if someone puts their feet up on a spare one. It's definitely not like chair hogging next to the pools.

hygienic . . . Really?? :rolleyes: It's not like the next person is going to come along naked and sit on the chair with a bare behind and pick something up. :eek: Also, those chairs are subject to sea spray and salt air, which are fairly decent disinfectants, so really there is not much to worry about in terms of passing on some sort of "bug". Also, it's not like people are slogging through a lot of "nasties" with their shoes or feet on a cruise ship. Overall, a pretty silly argument.

In terms of "chair hogging", so often, i see many of those chairs free and i personally couldn't care less if someone puts their feet up on a spare one. It's definitely not like chair hogging next to the pools.

like :d