Live from Pride of America, any questions?

NutsAboutGolf

Just announced on this weeks cruise, Kona is being axed for a sea day :/

I'm assuming due to sea conditions related to the two hurricanes? Will you still get your sail by of the volcano?

Wonder if the Na Pali sail by could be a possibility on your "sea day" rather than wait for Faiday afternoon. Keep us posted.

I'm assuming due to sea conditions related to the two hurricanes? Will you still get your sail by of the volcano?

Wonder if the Na Pali sail by could be a possibility on your "sea day" rather than wait for Faiday afternoon. Keep us posted.

Yes, they announced that tomorrow the big island will close both ports...We go by the lava to tonight...Hanging out with passengers last night everyone said they wish they'd skip Hilo and go to Kona instead but we understood that would cause all sorts of tour problem

What a shame you will miss Kona. We were on POA in January and will be reprising our cruise next January. It would be a bummer to have to miss a port.

We are in aft balcony as we were in January. May never be able to go back to side balcony. We so enjoyed watching whales from there while docked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the POA which embarked on July 23rd. We had our itinerary changed multiple times due to Tropical Storm Darby, ending up with a sea day instead of the first day at Maui. The Captain kept us informed and safe. There were a lot of shipboard activities added for the sea day.

Live itinerary update...Will NOT pass the lava flow, but will pass the Molokai high cliffs at 630am tomorrow to make up for it...We will do the na Pali sail by tomorrow around 630pm...Will port in Kauai earlier at 8am I think (my group was loudly whining, didn't hear 100% clearly) and we will stay in Kauai on the last day until 6pm since we won't be doing that na Pali twice...

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

Live itinerary update...Will NOT pass the lava flow, but will pass the Molokai high cliffs at 630am tomorrow to make up for it...We will do the na Pali sail by tomorrow around 630pm...Will port in Kauai earlier at 8am I think (my group was loudly whining, didn't hear 100% clearly) and we will stay in Kauai on the last day until 6pm since we won't be doing that na Pali twice...

Hope all goes well for you. Based on current forecast, the first hurricane appears to be weakening but the 2nd, Lester, may cause some issues for you on Saturday.

Thanks for posting this. We will be sailing on September 23. I'm glad the captain is keeping you safe and that they didn't cancel. It's disappointing that they changed the itinerary but at least you are still cruising. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks for posting this. We will be sailing on September 23. I'm glad the captain is keeping you safe and that they didn't cancel. It's disappointing that they changed the itinerary but at least you are still cruising. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks! I don't think you have much to worry about, many folks who have been on this cruise before and crew members state it's very common for the ship to "hide" In-between islands when in danger as the water tends to be calmer and folks still have cellular coverage...only as a last resort do they tend to move far away from the islands

To avoid the storm's path, Pride of America will depart three hours early, at 4pm, on Saturday, September 3. In order to expedite embarkation we will begin check-in for embarking guests at 9:30 am. We ask that our guests plan to arrive early for check-in so that the ship is able to depart on this revised schedule to avoid the storm’s path. Please continue to monitor ncl.com for any further updates.

Is that usual? Do they give a reason. What happened to people who booked private tours dor that day? We go in March

Is that usual? Do they give a reason. What happened to people who booked private tours dor that day? We go in March

No, not usual. We were awaiting another hurricane. Better safe than sorry. If you had private tours it would be between you and your tour company as to how to handle the cancellations. You should have better luck in March, as we are out of hurricane season then.

Thanks! I don't think you have much to worry about, many folks who have been on this cruise before and crew members state it's very common for the ship to "hide" In-between islands when in danger as the water tends to be calmer and folks still have cellular coverage...only as a last resort do they tend to move far away from the islands

That's true. We also did that before when we missed a port.

We will be on POA in Nov. 26, 2016. I have'nt heard or seen much about the Entertainment and Shows. How were they? Were they crowded? Did you have to get there really early to get a seat? Or could you make reservations?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

I can answer part of your post. We were aboard in January. Most of the shows were quite good. "Oh What a Night" tribute to Four Seasons was great. I've seen it on three different ships and keep going back. The Hawaiian show was good, but pretty much a repeat of the Luau entertainment we saw at Hale Koa before the cruise...even some of the same entertainers and jokes.

We always tried to get there early enough to get the wheelchair row in back for a couple of our group, but it wasn't crowded. No reservations, nor need for them, imo. One show, I can't remember the name, kind of a skit, could have been left out. We all thought it very amateurish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for being so helpful. So it appears 1 PM wasn't the best time to arrive...any suggestions? I'm guessing earlier right?

Suite perks....when you recover from your trip home, could you review your perks and which ones not to overlook, please.

So.. people use their own cell phone coverage? You do not have to pay for the ships coverage when out at sea? What about wifi?

Thanks for being so helpful. So it appears 1 PM wasn't the best time to arrive...any suggestions? I'm guessing earlier right?

Suite perks....when you recover from your trip home, could you review your perks and which ones not to overlook, please.

So.. people use their own cell phone coverage? You do not have to pay for the ships coverage when out at sea? What about wifi?

If you want to use your phone, it would have to be within reach of the land based towers. POA doesn't have a cell tower on-board. It does have wi-fi that worked o.k.