Canyon Spa

saldino

I am not sure, suspect they have all changed.

Last December on the Infinity a standard spa pedicure cost me about $85 with the added 18% service fee. A standard 50 minute massage with the 18% fee was about $165 - luckily this was comped to me from Guest Relations after discussing some issues with the manager.

I have had equally good pedicures at home for $35. Plus, at home that is in Canadian dollars. I have to add around 30% to the ship's cost to get the Canadian equivalent. Expensive.

I had no upsell, but a women just finishing a pedicure was - to me - being pressured for a very costly foot cream. She could not speak English very well, and they sought out her husband who spoke a bit of English to try to convince him.

On my last cruise (July) I had a manicure and pedicure very expensive compared to what I would pay in the the UK. I also preferred the Elemis products they used to use. There was a strong upsell of 4 products which I declined but if I had taken them would have added another $400 to my onboard account. There were also a number of calls to my cabin after the treatment to see if I had changed my mind about buying the products.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have all the Celebrity ships transitioned from Steiner to Canyon Spa?

We'll be sailing on the Infinity soon. How does everyone like Canyon Spa? Relaxing? Upsell?

As of March 2014, Celebrity Cruises and Canyon Ranch, one of the world's leading spa and wellness brands, unveiled a partnership to feature Canyon Ranch SpaClub® at Sea facilities onboard the Celebrity Cruises fleet.

Canyon Ranch is a very big improvement.

Wait for port specials for a better price.

Have not experienced upsell..not happy if that is starting up.

I do like the Elemis products..available on line but the therapists at CR seem better and mor uniformly trained

Edited by hcat

Canyon Ranch is a very big improvement.

Wait for port specials for a better price.

Have not experienced upsell..not happy if that is starting up.

I do like the Elemis products..available on line but the therapists at CR seem better and mor uniformly trained

Thanks! I also enjoyed the Elemis products.

Have all the Celebrity ships transitioned from Steiner to Canyon Spa?

We'll be sailing on the Infinity soon. How does everyone like Canyon Spa? Relaxing? Upsell?

Had an acrylic fill and pedicure on the Eclipse in July. Both were over $89 each. Gratuity was 20%. Both nail techs tried to up sell... I declined...no worries

Last year, on the Eclipse, we booked the couples massage. My DH had never had one and I can't tell you how many years it had taken me to get him to agree to do it. When we got there, they informed us that because the therapy rooms were so small that we would need to be in separate rooms for it to be enjoyable. What?? What was the point of the couples massage if we were going to be separated. Why weren't we told that up front? Two years ago, my friend and I booked a treatment prior to the cruise (Reflection) only to find out when we showed up that the ship did not have the equipment for what we had booked, but we would be just as happy with another service. I am happy just to have a massage, frankly, but it was definitely like disappointing both times. I believe this is called 'bait and switch' which is, at minimum, not nice. Both were after Canyon Ranch had taken over.

Just back from a 14 night on the Silhouette. My husband and I scheduled a couples massage which was very good tho quite expensive, no upscale mentioned which was nice. This was our first cruise with Celebrity and I'll have to say, we weren't impressed with the Canyon Spa facilities, I asked for a larger robe and was told no....only one size, the robes were dingy, the showers had mold & mildew on the tiles and walls and the shampoo, conditioner, etc containers on the wall were broken. Not impressed with the actual facilities. For what they charge they should have sparkling facilities.

That said, the rest of the cruise, trip, staff were 100% just Canyon Spa was definitely lacking.

My husband and I had a couples' massage on the Summit this past April and to be honest it was not that great and very expensive.

I usually get a massage every 2 to 3 months with a Registered Massage Therapist and I can say the massage I had on the Summit was not even close to the quality that I'm accustomed to.

I would say the massage was fair at best. My husband said his was ok but he hadn't had many massages prior so he had little to compare.

I think it's safe to say I won't be spending any of our vacation dollars at the Canyon Spa on Celebrity again.

We've just got off the Reflection. I was determined NOT to book one of their overpriced massages but I gave in when they started to discount them. I got a 50min tension area massage ( basically a deep tissue neck and back ) for 105$ plus gratuity. Got a heavy up sell at the end..which I declined :)

Lovely massage

Edited by beaveh

I used them on the Equinox and my massage was the absolute worst. The girl I had was not equipped to do a massage. She was very new, with little or no experience. I had to help her through it. I told the manager about the situation and was offered another massage, but there weren't any times that I could use. Needless to say, I think they just booked too many people and she was put in that position way too soon or taken from another station. I will only use them again when I have lots of OBC that I can't take home. I am sure there are others that are wonderful, but I just wasn't that lucky.

Edited by Lastdance