Breakaway leaving NYC at 1:30pm 09/04

esm54687

Just a heads up that she will begin boarding at 9:30am and depart at 1:30 to miss Hermes

From Ncl website

Weather alert

‎We are also closely monitoring the path of Tropical Storm Hermine. To avoid the storm's path, Norwegian Breakaway will depart early from New York, at 1:30 pm, on Sunday, September 4. In order to expedite embarkation we will begin check-in for embarking guests at 9:30 am. We ask that our guests plan to arrive early for check-in so that the ship is able to depart on this revised schedule to avoid the storm’s path. Please continue to monitor ncl.com for any further updates.

Edited by Orleanscruiser

They said check-in starts at 9:30, not embarkation. We're in a hotel waiting. What time would you suggest we arrive at the Pier?

From its position, it looks like Breakaway will be docked at the Pier by midnight. They won't disembark passengers until morning, right?

Edited by Ohio_Bob

I wonder how people who were planning to arrive between 1:00 and 3:00 PM will be accommodated - kind of short notice for people living a three or four hour drive away.

You will be accommodated by setting your alarm earlier. Best-laid plans of mice and men...

Setting an earlier alarm is a great idea but it might not speed up the pilot of anyone flying in the day of. :cool:

Rochelle

Well, I'm sorry, people should take all these

things into account when going on a cruise

or anywhere else, anything can happen, should

always come in as early as possible, or at least

the day before.

Marion

Well, I'm sorry, people should take all these

things into account when going on a cruise

or anywhere else, anything can happen, should

always come in as early as possible, or at least

the day before.

Marion

"At least the day before"? Yea ok. Not everyone can get an extra day off of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you book air with your cruise they don't let you fly a day early! And flights are being disrupted. I would expect some will miss this cruise. Hopefully most can still make it! If the rules hold, everyone must be on board by 11:30 so they can send the passenger manifest 2 hours before departure... Sounds crazy. They must have paid extra to get immigration agents out early tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder how people who were planning to arrive between 1:00 and 3:00 PM will be accommodated - kind of short notice for people living a three or four hour drive away.

True. I just hope they were monitoring for a notice from the line on possible changes due to weather condition.

"At least the day before"? Yea ok. Not everyone can get an extra day off of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/

I'm just saying that's what I would do! I will

make sure I get on that ship, when I use to

work I planned it that way, that all I'm saying

Marion

NCL is doing the right thing by doing it the

safe way, at least they are not canceling

the cruise all together . Oh I could just hear

it now, and they could not make an earlier call

because they didn't know what the storm was

going to do.

Marion

It seems like if you book a cruise in hurricane season its wise to add in an extra day for travel and whether you do that or not, definitely get insurance.

They've done a good job making a decision as early as possible. Unfortunately with weather, you really don't know until its fairly close.

I read someones tweet to NCL's twitter handle, blaming them for ruining their family's cruise by pushing up the time on the cruise out of hawaii.

I mean, not for nothing, but why should NCL put its brand, ship, crew, and passengers in undue danger to accomodate a few family's. It just doesn't add up.

Regardless, to any who might not be able to make the earlier time, I hope everything works out, that maybe insurance can help, and that you are safe wherever you are.

I will infer from your comment that you always or usually fly in on embarkation day. It looks like you rolled the dice and won the two January cruises you took out of Florida flying in from NY. The next time you may not be as lucky. During wintertime because of snow or during hurricane season, it's always recommended to fly in the day before because of unforeseen weather conditions. Otherwise, you better have travel insurance.

It seems like if you book a cruise in hurricane season its wise to add in an extra day for travel and whether you do that or not, definitely get insurance.

They've done a good job making a decision as early as possible. Unfortunately with weather, you really don't know until its fairly close.

I read someones tweet to NCL's twitter handle, blaming them for ruining their family's cruise by pushing up the time on the cruise out of hawaii.

I mean, not for nothing, but why should NCL put its brand, ship, crew, and passengers in undue danger to accomodate a few family's. It just doesn't add up.

Regardless, to any who might not be able to make the earlier time, I hope everything works out, that maybe insurance can help, and that you are safe wherever you are.

Could not have said it better !!

Marion

I will infer from your comment that you always or usually fly in on embarkation day. It looks like you rolled the dice and won the two January cruises you took out of Florida flying in from NY. The next time you may not be as lucky. During wintertime because of snow or during hurricane season, it's always recommended to fly in the day before because of unforeseen weather conditions. Otherwise, you better have travel insurance.

Bingo!

Jeeze NCL is damned if they do and dammed if they dont!!

the haters will hate and find anything to pounce on.

Time difference of a couple hours shouldn't matter and if they have been watching the weather reports for the last week, which most cruisers should do they could of and should of planned on arriving early with adjusting their flight schedules or driving schedules. I have no sympathy for people scheduling their arrival to the ship an hour or two before final boarding. Better planning is prudent to make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to make it in case of weather delays or adjustments to a ships schedule of departure.

Edited by abe3

the haters will hate and find anything to pounce on.

Time difference of a couple hours shouldn't matter and if they have been watching the weather reports for the last week, which most cruisers should do they could of and should of planned on arriving early with adjusting their flight schedules or driving schedules. I have no sympathy for people scheduling their arrival to the ship an hour or two before final boarding. Better planning is prudent to make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to make it in case of weather delays.

I agree, with spending this much

money on a vacation, you would

thing that people take all of this

into account.

I also have no sympathie for them.

This is all part of the planning.

NCL did the right thing, and so did

Celebrity

Marion

Agreed. The traveler can have weather or other travel related issues at their own originating point. Is that the cruise lines fault too?

If you live outside of metro NYC (in this instance) a prudent thing to do would to be in the area the night before the sailing anyway. You never know about flight delays or even plain old traffic.

Same thing goes for somebody sailing out of Miami or any other port.

Posters always suggest flying in a day or more in advance of your cruise. Makes sense. Something I do.

The fact is most people fly in the day of their cruise. I've read as high as 70℅.

Cruise air us generally same day. I suspect some passengers we won't have time to wait for checked luggage.