Email from Carnival

Jeffrey1950

Did anyone else receive an " Important" email from Carnival today? When I opened it the page was blank !!! I called Carnival and they could not tell me what was suppose to be in it. However, she did mention that Carnival was sending out emails to mention the pending new check in procedure that is forthcoming. Just so you all know according to this rep when the new procedure is in place if you get to the terminal early you have to wait outside. I for one am not happy about that !!

Edited by Jeffrey1950

Did anyone else receive an " Important" email from Carnival today? When I opened it the page was blank !!! I called Carnival and they could not tell me what was suppose to be in it. However, she did mention that Carnival was sending out emails to mention the pending new check in procedure that is forthcoming. Just so you all know according to this rep when the new procedure is in place if you get to the terminal early you have to wait outside. I for one am not happy about that !!

Yes, that is what is was supposed to be, look for another email soon.

I received 2 of them because I am sailing on the Victory out of Port Canaveral on BTB cruises starting this Sunday. Because they are doing upgrades to the Victory they were letting us know that they would not be allowing anyone to board before 1:30pm. The letters (one for 4 day and one for 3day cruises) had several sail dates for the next couple of months.

No need to be unhappy. It works great and helps prevent congestion at the port. Just log into your cruise manager as soon as the times become available and pick the earliest time.

Sue

Received an email this morning announcing the implementation of staggered check in at NYC. Starts with the Sunshine cruise on October 1.

It is still not showing in the bookings but should be shortly.

If you arrive prior to the check in time you select you will need to wait to access the terminal. Solution: don't show up before your check in time.

Nothing to be unhappy about....staggered checkin is a great idea....helps control the herd :D

Edited by First and Ten

Nothing saying you cant show up and park in the parking lot, or if you are getting dropped off, waiting outside. Just bring a good book and hope the weather cooperates ;)

In NYC, you can always visit the Intrepid Museum next door to the port if you arrive prior to your check in time. Just drop your bags with a porter first.

In NYC, you can always visit the Intrepid Museum next door to the port if you arrive prior to your check in time. Just drop your bags with a porter first.

Agree....most port cities have things to do. Showing up at or after your checkin time is not an issue. For those flying into an airport the day of departure, it is probably better to hang out in an airconditioned airport than in a hot port parking lot. Same for the people in a hotel room. An A/C lobby is typically more comfortable than standing outside of a terminal when its 95 degrees and humid....the ship will still be there at 3 pm....you are on vacation, relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....get there when your checkin time says and the experience will go pretty smooth

Edited by First and Ten

Then don't charge me for the day if I can't get started early. Actually I personally don't have to worry about it as I am Platinum, but for others it sucks!

They don't charge for the day, they should change their terminology a little because you are not paying for a 7 day cruise. You are paying for a 7 night cruise which they are giving you.

Then don't charge me for the day if I can't get started early. Actually I personally don't have to worry about it as I am Platinum, but for others it sucks!

Are you getting on the ship the day you are supposed to get on the ship? That would be a YES....anywhere on your contract, does Carnival GUARANTEE that you will be on at a certain time? That would be a NO

You get to board on "this day"....it doesn't say you get to board EARLY on this day

It will be the same buffet food at 3pm as it is at 1 pm....It will be the same alcohol in the Drink of the Day at 3 pm as it is at 1 pm....you aint missing anything....take a pr0zac and relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....its a cruise, leave the Type A personality in the parking lot.....just go with the flow

Edited by First and Ten

Easier said than done...I live 20 mins. away from the port but personal circumstance's do not allow me to be very flexible with when I arrive.

My guess is anyone who lives within 20 minutes of a cruise port would have reliable taxi service. And yeah it might be another $40 or so..but that is decimal point of your total cruise bill and sure beats the potential for waiting around in a mass of people in a crowded parking for what could be a couple hours.

Yeah they might miss that first feeding...or finish it so late as to not be hungry enough to take full advantage of the second feeding later that night (try as they might). More food consumed = better cruise deal.

When I went in to print our boarding passes for our October 1, 2016 cruise on the Conquest there wasn't anywhere to select boarding time but it did print out on our boarding pass to be at Port Everglades to board 1:30 pm.

Port Everglades does not have staggered check in time as yet. What you see on your boarding pass is standard verbiage about boarding times.

Always have been on board in Everglades by 12-12:30! :)