RCI no longer going to Lifou?

If it couldn't go to Lifou, i would have preferred any other south pacific port or just cruising around the islands but to go to Port Kembla is just a joke and as a replacement for Christmas day makes it more of an insult.:mad:

To advertise this port when it was not available which is the case when i purchased tickets is nothing short of Baiting which is illegal in Australia.

My cruise has been replaced with an extra sea day at the start. I'm actually really looking forward to three sea days to completely relax and unwind before the ports start.

$100 OBC in a quad share isn't much per person but atleast it should cover a specialty restaurant cover charge.

hi chops Au$46:55 so no :( they are JUST refunding your port tax that you have payed and calling it 'GOODWILL':rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Our Voyager also misses out on Lifou, no OBC awarded, but they replaced us with Mare, already been there so very disappointed not to go somewhere new.

Dec 13 approaches, and there is no Mare cruise excursion available on the RCI website ):

Have you looked at any other cruises as to what they offer there, it would give you an idea.

Our Voyager also misses out on Lifou, no OBC awarded, but they replaced us with Mare, already been there so very disappointed not to go somewhere new.

Dec 13 approaches, and there is no Mare cruise excursion available on the RCI website ):

My understanding when I contacted RCI was that they do not have and are not planning to have excursions for Mare as it is a "lovely snorkeling location"

My understanding when I contacted RCI was that they do not have and are not planning to have excursions for Mare as it is a "lovely snorkeling location"

We have upcoming Carnival cruise to Mare - the only shore 'excursion' listed is $20 transfer to Yejele beach. So as posted it is just a beach day location, whatever cruiseline. Maybe there will be some locals around to provide some activities. In any case you will be on a cruise in the South Pacific :D

Our March 2017 Celebrity Solstice itinerary has now changed replacing Lifou with Mare. Been to Lifou a couple of times. Never been to Mare.

How did you find out it has changed? I haven't heard anything from Celebrity and our January itinerary is still showing as Lifou when I login.

We have upcoming Carnival cruise to Mare - the only shore 'excursion' listed is $20 transfer to Yejele beach. So as posted it is just a beach day location, whatever cruiseline. Maybe there will be some locals around to provide some activities. In any case you will be on a cruise in the South Pacific :D

When we stopped at Mare last year it looked like every available vehicle on the island was doing shuttle bus duty, from the school buses (avoid if you can) to large private cars. I didn't notice anyone offering private tours.

There was a tiny market near the tender wharf and that was about all. It's worth going to Yejele beach and lagoon. Lovely snorkelling and safe swimming. The locals had barbecues going cooking up all sorts of yummy food.

How did you find out it has changed? I haven't heard anything from Celebrity and our January itinerary is still showing as Lifou when I login.

Was checking prices for friends of ours on one of the online TA's we use. Itinerary shown now no longer has Lifou but has Mare instead. Then yesterday the TA I booked our cruise with emailed to advise of the change as well.

Was checking prices for friends of ours on one of the online TA's we use. Itinerary shown now no longer has Lifou but has Mare instead. Then yesterday the TA I booked our cruise with emailed to advise of the change as well.

Lucky discovery I suppose, until the TA notified you.

Interesting to see what Celebrity do - so far in March for the cruise I'm booked on its still Lifou.

We are on Celebrity in January and have just noticed our itinerary has been changed from Lifou to Mare, I am quite happy about it as Lifou is very small and been there, Mare is small but looks like a nice beach.

We are on Celebrity in January and have just noticed our itinerary has been changed from Lifou to Mare, I am quite happy about it as Lifou is very small and been there, Mare is small but looks like a nice beach.

We are on the same cruise but my itinerary is still saying Lifou. Not that I mind if it changes to Mare - I haven't been to either.

My April Celebrity Solstice cruise is showing as Lifou on the Celebrity website, and Mare on the online travel agent I booked through. Very confused!

So I posed the question on Celebrity's Facebook page and they replied "all Celebrity Cruises itineraries which include the port of Lifou will continue as planned".

I posted yesterday if anyone wants to check it out.

Our March 2017 Celebrity Solstice itinerary has now changed replacing Lifou with Mare. Been to Lifou a couple of times. Never been to Mare.

We're on the 1st March Solstice cruise and I had checked a well known online Oz Cruising website and it had replaced Lifou with Mare. However on the Celebrity website it was still showing as Lifou. I've checked again on that well known online website and it's back to showing Lifou. So it looks like our original itinerary stands.

When we stopped at Mare last year it looked like every available vehicle on the island was doing shuttle bus duty, from the school buses (avoid if you can) to large private cars. I didn't notice anyone offering private tours.

There was a tiny market near the tender wharf and that was about all. It's worth going to Yejele beach and lagoon. Lovely snorkelling and safe swimming. The locals had barbecues going cooking up all sorts of yummy food.

Cool, sounds lovely, thanks for the tips :)