Formal Nights

CeeDee49

Thank you. Was hoping to fiind out what nights the formals are and if there was a theme such as black and white

Radiance is still doing Alaska cruises. We won't know that kind of detail until she gets back to Australia and someone reports back from an identical itinerary.

They are always the second night & the 2nd last night.

Theme nights are usually 50s and 60s Rock and Roll, 70s disco, Country & Western, and Tropical.

She is on her way back to us.:)

Cheers:)

Edited by Aussie FF

On formal nights there usually isn't any sort of theme. Just recommend at minimum blazer and tie and pants.

I would have to say ... the minimum isn't the above any longer for RCI...a lot more casual is completely acceptable now...nothing really enforced...just suggested in the Cruise Compass.

They are always the second night...

Night 2 is ALWAYS the 1st formal night....

While this is true probably 99% of the time, we have been on a cruise where this was not true. Formal Night was switched from Night 2 to another evening. Nit-picking? Maybe. But I wanted to say this, as I have many times before when people state it is always the second night. It's not. :)

Thanks everyone for your responses. We mainly cruise with Cunard and understand formal nights are not quite as formal as on RCI but will still dress up. David in a dark suit rather than a tux and me still in a long dress or cocktail length just not Cunard glitz. I thought there would be something on their web site stating formal nights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Night 2 is ALWAYS the 1st formal night....the others (especially on a really LONG cruise) will depend on itinerary. It will NEVER be the 1st or last evening...ever!

This will be our second cruise, so I'm not a vet at these but our TA sent us the formal night schedule and ours is night 1 and night 3. We sail in October on the Allure.

This will be our second cruise, so I'm not a vet at these but our TA sent us the formal night schedule and ours is night 1 and night 3. We sail in October on the Allure.

That is VERy unusual - many people don't even have their luggage by dinner time on night 1!

If it's a normal 7-day itinerary for Allure, I don't think that is the correct info.

Yeah, no... I can't even begin to tell you how incorrect that is. I looked up all the sailings for Allure in October and there is nothing out of the ordinary that would indicate Nights 1 and 3 as Formal Nights. Most of the itineraries have sea days on Day 2, and one has a port but leaves at 2 pm, so still plenty of time for FN.

Not sure what your TA is thinking but that is some very wrong info, sorry. :o

For a Caribbean cruise, on the Jewel, if you don't take formal wear, where are your options for dinner?

The main dining room, specialty restaurants, Windjammer buffet, room service, pizzeria.

You do not have to dress formally to enjoy the dining room; just wear something neat, clean and presentable as you would wear if you were going out to dinner at home. You do not need a suit and tie or long gown. :)

Enjoy beautiful Jewel.