Future cruises celebrity

loving goldens

Hi there have a 11 day cruise march 13 on the equinox.... considering booking our 2018 onboard.... have a couple questions can I transfer my reservation to our travel agent and what type of perks can i expect??? Thanks Getting excited!!!!

Yes, you can transfer, but there is a time frame in which to do so. As for perks, we do not know what your TA is offering so you will need to ring them up and ask what they will/are offer/ing you.

bon voyage

Yes, you can transfer, but there is a time frame in which to do so. As for perks, we do not know what your TA is offering so you will need to ring them up and ask what they will/are offer/ing you.

bon voyage

There very well may be a time frame for some TAs, but the one I use just transferred a number of bookings I made when aboard in January/February over the Labour Day weekend sale.

This TA even transferred a booking over a year after I made it once.

They book a lot of Celebrity cruises and may have a bit more wiggle room I guess.

BTW the least I ever get is free grats and a bit of extra OBC on top of what-ever "X" gives me.

For my upcoming 11 day Equinox that's free bevs, $ 500.00 OBC from "X" and free grats and $ 50.00 from my TA

Edited by A Sixth?

There very well may be a time frame for some TAs, but the one I use just transferred a number of bookings I made when aboard in January/February over the Labour Day weekend sale.

They book a lot of Celebrity cruises and may have a bit more wiggle room I guess.

BTW the least I ever get is free grats and a bit of extra OBC on top of what-ever "X" gives me.

For my upcoming 11 day Equinox that's free bevs, $ 500.00 OBC from "X" and free grats and $ 50.00 from my TA

Celebrity did not always have the 60 day ( or perhaps it is 90 day) restriction for a transfer from Celebrity to a TA, but they have had it for several years.

Therefore it is surprising that your TA just transferred a booking from January in September. Perhaps they cancelled it and rebooked? I always book my direct and transfer later and it can now be done on line.

I would not suggest the OP or anyone would risk a transfer after the published time frame based on your reported experience.

The rule is 60 days, and they are very strict with that timeframe. They base it on the "booking date." For example, on 1 August you book a cruise on a particular ship for a particular sailing. You get a Reservation No. You call Celebrity and change ships and another sailing 3 weeks later. Even though the ship/date changed and the price changed, the booking date and Reservation No. remain the same. You still have 60 days from the 1 August date to transfer to a TA.

Okay, there's a time limit that they tell you onboard.

I retained all my onboard booking bennies and the TA added to them.... well after the "deadline"

I was told by this TA the time limit doesn't apply to them (Maybe it's justfor me :p )

I'm off my 8th Celebrity cruise THIS year and for awhile now that's how it's worked with my TA

How-about ask the TA and see if they can do it or not.

Can't hurt

If we know we're going to cruise a particular time we will always book it while on the ship because not only do you get the current deals/perks, but there is also normally a much lower down payment and additional on board credit just for booking with them.

After we get back, within the 60 days, we transfer to our big online travel agent who gives us additional perks.

For example: Last fall (November 2015) we booked a 14 day cruise in an S1 Sky Suite for March 2017 because we were able to get the exact cabin we wanted. We paid $200 down payment (normally would be $900). We got $350 on board credit, premium beverage package, paid gratuities and unlimited internet. We got an additional $300 just for booking on the ship.

After we transferred to our TA a week or so after we got home, we received an additional $850 on board credit!

Obviously if you book shorter cruises and not a suite, you won't get those same perks.

• 3 months later...
Okay, there's a time limit that they tell you onboard.

I retained all my onboard booking bennies and the TA added to them.... well after the "deadline"

I was told by this TA the time limit doesn't apply to them (Maybe it's justfor me :p )

I'm off my 8th Celebrity cruise THIS year and for awhile now that's how it's worked with my TA

How-about ask the TA and see if they can do it or not.

Can't hurt

Can you please PM your TA contact information? I want to find a way to transfer existing Celebrity reservation to TA, but is is passed 60 days time frame. Any other suggestions how to bypass this condition would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Yulia

Cruise Critic does not have a private message (PM) feature and it is not allowed to name travel agents here.

I'm afraid that if you have missed the deadline, you are probably out of luck for transferring to a travel agency.

Perhaps there are some ways around this, good luck, but I wouldn't count on it.

Hi there have a 11 day cruise march 13 on the equinox.... considering booking our 2018 onboard.... have a couple questions can I transfer my reservation to our travel agent and what type of perks can i expect??? Thanks Getting excited!!!!

We just completed the Eclipse sailing on 12/21/16. We booked two more cruises while onboard. Celebrity is not as generous as they've been in recent years. Here's what we received. We booked a concierge cabin and received choice of 2 perks. We choose the beverage package and gratuities on an 11-night sailing. If we had gone with a standard balcony, we would have only received one perk!! I transferred this sailing yesterday over to our TA and we received an additional $300 OBC. I am now satisfied, because it resembles the 1-2-3 Go promotions of the recent past. Also, I will stay tuned for price drops, since this sailing is not until November 2018.

Enjoy your cruise!!

We just completed the Eclipse sailing on 12/21/16. We booked two more cruises while onboard. Celebrity is not as generous as they've been in recent years. Here's what we received. We booked a concierge cabin and received choice of 2 perks. We choose the beverage package and gratuities on an 11-night sailing. If we had gone with a standard balcony' date=' we would have only received one perk!! I transferred this sailing yesterday over to our TA and we received an additional $300 OBC. I am now satisfied, because it resembles the 1-2-3 Go promotions of the recent past. Also, I will stay tuned for price drops, since this sailing is not until November 2018.

Enjoy your cruise!![/quote']

With the BBB pricing it is difficult to tell what you really receive except for the OBC and lower deposit.

With the Conceirge cabin I assume you are paying the Big price (one perk) and receiving the Better (two perks)?

The Standard Balcony sounds like pay he Big price and receive the already included one perk. The extra OBC for booking on board seems like the only real additional benefit.

With the BBB pricing it is difficult to tell what you really receive except for the OBC and lower deposit.

With the Conceirge cabin I assume you are paying the Big price (one perk) and receiving the Better (two perks)?

The Standard Balcony sounds like pay he Big price and receive the already included one perk. The extra OBC for booking on board seems like the only real additional benefit.

I agree that it can get confusing! I "think" that yes, we paid the Big price for two perks, and with the low deposit, that works for me. Also forgot to mention we got $200. OBC to be used either on the current sailing or the new booking. We chose the current sailing, since we had accumulated some expenses! Also, this way, if we ever decide to cancel either of the 2 new bookings, there is nothing lost because we spent the $200 OBC/deposit already. Hope this makes sense!