MTD Reservations on Cruise Calendar?

jules815

Just taking a look at our cruise calendar for our upcoming cruise on HOTS, and it's showing our reservations in Coastal Kitchen, and also for shows, but not our MTD reservations, which I know I made. Should I be concerned, or do these typically not show on the cruise calendar?

Yikes! :eek: I'd better call then. Glad I noticed this.

Mine are on my cruise calendar. When you log into your page, pretend you are making reservations. It will show where you already have the reservations with the time and date. If this does not show up, there is something wrong.

Well that was weird.

When I look at my cruise planner calendar it only shows our Coastal Kitchen reservations, which I made for every other day, beginning on day 1.

None of my MTD are showing up on the calendar, BUT on the "Booking Dashboard" under "Vacation Summary" it was showing 26 dining reservations! Very strange, considering I only booked either CK or MTD for our 13 night cruise. We have no specialty restaurants booked; we plan on winging it once on board. I tried making a MTD reservation, and it's saying MTD is no longer available for any of the days.

I called RC, and she was only seeing our CK reservations. I told her about the 26 dining reservations in the vacation summary, and she said that was impossible. She was able to make MTD reservations for us, except for the evenings we have a shows booked. She said with MTD you can just show up whenever, that's the beauty of it.

The MTD reservations she made are now showing up on our Cruise Planner calendar, but on the Booking Dashboard it now says we have 35 reservations for dining. :eek:

I give up.

Well that was weird.

When I look at my cruise planner calendar it only shows our Coastal Kitchen reservations, which I made for every other day, beginning on day 1.

None of my MTD are showing up on the calendar, BUT on the "Booking Dashboard" under "Vacation Summary" it was showing 26 dining reservations! Very strange, considering I only booked either CK or MTD for our 13 night cruise. We have no specialty restaurants booked; we plan on winging it once on board. I tried making a MTD reservation, and it's saying MTD is no longer available for any of the days.

I called RC, and she was only seeing our CK reservations. I told her about the 26 dining reservations in the vacation summary, and she said that was impossible. She was able to make MTD reservations for us, except for the evenings we have a shows booked. She said with MTD you can just show up whenever, that's the beauty of it.

The MTD reservations she made are now showing up on our Cruise Planner calendar, but on the Booking Dashboard it now says we have 35 reservations for dining. :eek:

I give up.

Royal dining reservations are strange if you have booked for 2 people on the 13 night cruise it will show as 26 one for each person.

Glad you're all set again.

35 reservations means that you have either made or cancelled dinner reservations at one time or another.... the cruise planner adds up everytime.

So for example, if you are starting out for the very first time on a cruise planner, and you choose MTD 6:30pm and accept it, then you go back and cancel it, and then you go back and reserve same day at 6pm instead.... the cruise planner will show you have made 3 dinner reservations. I know... it's really stupid actually, but I have seen this for quite some time on my cruise planner starting with Quantum in Dec 2014.

Royal dining reservations are strange if you have booked for 2 people on the 13 night cruise it will show as 26 one for each person.

Well that makes sense then, and so I probably did have MTD reservations in their system somewhere, even though it wasn't showing up on either calendar.

I looked through all of my confirmation emails, which I'm very good about saving, and couldn't find anything for MTD.

We decided to do MTD for the first time on our B2B Caribbean Cruise on Jewel April 2017. I did the bookings for MTD this afternoon and all 14 reservations for each Cruise have shown up in the reservation calendar. Have not received confirmation from RCCL.

I am a little confused. I was under the impression that by booking mtd, we can go to dinner when we want to. Booking dinner weeks or even months before you go makes no sense to me. We booked mtd so that we aren't pressed to be there at a certain time. Could someone explain? This is our first time doing mtd on Royal.

I am a little confused. I was under the impression that by booking mtd, we can go to dinner when we want to. Booking dinner weeks or even months before you go makes no sense to me. We booked mtd so that we aren't pressed to be there at a certain time. Could someone explain? This is our first time doing mtd on Royal.

MTD is exactly like a land restaurant. You can make reservations if you want a specific time. You can also wing it and just turn up when you're hungry. If there is a table free then great, but if it's a busy time you may face quite a wait to get a table.