HELP Goodwill Discount voucher Info needed

Highlandgal

Hi

Can anybody help? On Rhapsody at the moment. We are regular cruisers & booked online through http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk. As always we choose online which cabin we want to book. Chose a corner JS & paid an extra £1000 for this JS cabin instead of another JS elsewhere on the ship. We arrived and find out British online booking website is wrong JS 8088 is NOT on the corner with wrap around balcony but a standard JS sandwiched in between 2 others with a connecting door!!!!!! Definitely NOT what we booked. After complaining to CS & getting nowhere I took to Twitter & got instant responses from @RoyalCaribbean so much so they contacted ship & we had a meeting next morning with Director of Hotel Services & Guest Services Manager. Eventually we get a letter saying we will get a dicount voucher for 40% eventually from HQ sent to our travel agent. We don't have a travel agent!!!!!!!!! Which we told them at the meeting. Also it says we only find out specific details of certificate useage once the certificate arrives!!!!

Has anybody had one of these certificates before & what were they like?

My concern is they are worthless as when/if it ever arrives there will be so many caviates on the certificate it will be worthless. I don't understand why they can't a. Refund me the money or b. Issue me the certificate whilst I'm on board

I am really unhappy at Royal Caribbean

We received one once was a nice surprise…we had a power issue in the stateroom and just called requesting maintenance to come up and restore power. We had no working outlets for around an hour prior to dinner one evening. They came up and fixed the issue pretty quickly. The next day we received a letter in the cabin stating we would receive a certificate for 10% of the cruise fare of that cruise for an new cruise booking. We received the certificate in the mail about 6 weeks after we got home, it did have to be used within a year. We booked the next cruise and just received a credit of the promised amount for both occupants of the cabin. Super easy no problems they just took the money off the total. We had to provide the certificate number. i was very pleased considering I had not even complained. The power outage was aggravating but no big deal! Enjoy your cruise!!!

Hi

Eventually we get a letter saying we will get a dicount voucher for 40% eventually from HQ sent to our travel agent. We don't have a travel agent!!!!!!!!! Which we told them at the meeting. Also it says we only find out specific details of certificate useage once the certificate arrives!!!!

Has anybody had one of these certificates before & what were they like?

My concern is they are worthless as when/if it ever arrives there will be so many caviates on the certificate it will be worthless. I don't understand why they can't a. Refund me the money or b. Issue me the certificate whilst I'm on board

I am really unhappy at Royal Caribbean

Did the letter you got from the ship have a reference number on it?

Reason for asking is that we were on Harmony of the Seas in June this year. My husband had an accident through no fault of his own. We were offered a future cruise certificate which we were told would be sent to us and received a letter from the ship detailing what had been discussed on board. After 30 days, we hadn't had anything sent to us so I phoned Royal Caribbean as we wanted to apply the FCC to an upcoming cruise. They asked for the reference that was on the letter that I was given from the ship and the discount was then applied there and then to our future cruise. The only restriction was that it had to be used within a year.

Hope this info helps.

We have had a couple of them and have had no problems using them. In case you are not aware the 40% usually means that you will get 40% of the cost of the cruise that you are on (base fare) to be used on a future cruise. It is not 40% off your next cruise fare.

We also go a letter while on board verifying it and then received the certificate via email a few weeks later

Looked at the uk site and the deck plans for ROTS go back to 6/2015 and it shows 8088 as a port side connecting JS, not a corner aft. Do you have a link?

I thought all JS were the same price on a particular ship, has that changed?

Edited by setsail

We have had a couple of them and have had no problems using them. In case you are not aware the 40% usually means that you will get 40% of the cost of the cruise that you are on (base fare) to be used on a future cruise. It is not 40% off your next cruise fare.

We also go a letter while on board verifying it and then received the certificate via email a few weeks later

Initially, I didn't understand that the % off was based on the cruise price that you received the certificate for.

The above scenario is similar to what I also experienced in my situation. When I was ready to book my next cruise, I just called the C&A line to have them take care of getting the booking done with the proper credit. It was a little longer on hold than usual to get it done, but overall a pleasant experience.

Initially, I didn't understand that the % off was based on the cruise price that you received the certificate for.

The above scenario is similar to what I also experienced in my situation. When I was ready to book my next cruise, I just called the C&A line to have them take care of getting the booking done with the proper credit. It was a little longer on hold than usual to get it done, but overall a pleasant experience.

Yeah that's why I mentioned that the % is based on the price of the cruise you are on. I have read posts from people that thought they were going to get say 40% off the cruise that they book using the certificate.

Yeah that's why I mentioned that the % is based on the price of the cruise you are on. I have read posts from people that thought they were going to get say 40% off the cruise that they book using the certificate.

Yup, that makes a huge difference especially when your certificate is a percentage off of a cruise fare that was ridiculously low like the Oasis fares we got this past May. Goodwill gesture was appreciated though.:)

Looked at the uk site and the deck plans for ROTS go back to 6/2015 and it shows 8088 as a port side connecting JS, not a corner aft. Do you have a link?

I thought all JS were the same price on a particular ship, has that changed?

One JS does not cost any more than another JS on the UK website so I'm not sure why the OP thought it was costing £1000 more.

However, if you go in to make a new booking and Select JS on and click on 'view this stateroom' it does show 8088 as a corner AFT. If this is incorrect it's very mis-leading but hardly surprising given RCI's website.

If you go on the actual ship's page: https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/pdf/Rhapsody_Profile_1663_v2015_Jun.pdf it shows 8098 is the corner AFT

Given the OP's intention to book the corner AFT and as the booking map shows you that's what you're getting I'd be p*ssed off too and be expecting a voucher of some sort

Yup, that makes a huge difference especially when your certificate is a percentage off of a cruise fare that was ridiculously low like the Oasis fares we got this past May. Goodwill gesture was appreciated though.:)

I would like to see that price for the same week next year on the OA;)

I would like to see that price for the same week next year on the OA;)

That would be wonderful, but I would have to figure out how to get to Port Everglades from Port Canaveral since we are on Allure May 14th. Hmm, self disembark, rent a car, jump on 95, easy peasey.:p

Thank you Shippmates

I'm also a little concerned if the certificate comes from USA will it work on the UK website to go towards the cost of another cruise?

Hi there Highlandgal. Your Future Cruise Certificate will be in the currency of the country you booked through therefore it will be in Sterling as you booked directly with RCI UK.

Please be aware, as other posters have said, you will receive the percentage discount off the base fare of the cruise you are currently on. It does not include a discount off the port fees and taxes.

We just got off Rhapsody on Monday, I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

That would be wonderful, but I would have to figure out how to get to Port Everglades from Port Canaveral since we are on Allure May 14th. Hmm, self disembark, rent a car, jump on 95, easy peasey.:p

You can do it. We are planning on going on the OA again 12/18, the 5 day one but it is costing MORE than the 7 day one we were on with you. :( Merry Christmas to me!!!:D

We've had a couple of these in the past due to problems with the cabin/onboard and there is no catch. You can use them booking directly in the UK or with a UK travel agent. Just remember it is 40% off the base fare of the cruise you are on which sometimes does not work out to be as much as it first sounds.

I think the only restriction is not to be used on holiday sailings or inaugral sailing and to be booked within a year. As already mentioned make sure you get a letter on the ship in case of any problems.

I'm also a bit confused as to why one JS was a different price to others, are you comparing a specific cabin to a guarantee?

Julie

One JS does not cost any more than another JS on the UK website so I'm not sure why the OP thought it was costing £1000 more.

However, if you go in to make a new booking and Select JS on and click on 'view this stateroom' it does show 8088 as a corner AFT. If this is incorrect it's very mis-leading but hardly surprising given RCI's website.

If you go on the actual ship's page: https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/pdf/Rhapsody_Profile_1663_v2015_Jun.pdf it shows 8098 is the corner AFT

Given the OP's intention to book the corner AFT and as the booking map shows you that's what you're getting I'd be p*ssed off too and be expecting a voucher of some sort

Thanks

I'm also a bit confused as to why one JS was a different price to others, are you comparing a specific cabin to a guarantee?

Julie

I was also wondering this too Julie.

I remembered something about cabins being renumbered in the drydock but that was ages ago. I managed to find this.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=4805

If the website wasn't updated to reflect these changes well that is bad.

I know there is usually a disclaimer to say pictures are a representation.

Edited by heatherb1958

We received one once was a nice surprise…we had a power issue in the stateroom and just called requesting maintenance to come up and restore power. We had no working outlets for around an hour prior to dinner one evening. They came up and fixed the issue pretty quickly. The next day we received a letter in the cabin stating we would receive a certificate for 10% of the cruise fare of that cruise for an new cruise booking. We received the certificate in the mail about 6 weeks after we got home, it did have to be used within a year. We booked the next cruise and just received a credit of the promised amount for both occupants of the cabin. Super easy no problems they just took the money off the total. We had to provide the certificate number. i was very pleased considering I had not even complained. The power outage was aggravating but no big deal! Enjoy your cruise!!!