Status Match Question

NoName

I am platinum with both Carnival and NCL. I didn't realize the status match is treated differently between the two lines, so I sent in my status match paperwork from Carnival. I was matched to "gold". I have since read that if I had used NCL, I would have been "black". Any chance that I can get this fixed? I have filled out another application and sent in my information on NCL, but it is has been a week and I haven't heard anything back yet. The first time I did it, it only took 3 days. Advice?

Kim

We were looking at MSC and decided to apply, it was an easy way to get their Black from NCL Platinum. Go for it if you are just thinking.

I agree! As far as "you only get one shot for status match", that was the thought, however, you must book a cruise within 3 years of signing up for the status match.

I'm Platinum on NCL and matched to Black on MSC but, if after my first cruise, I don't cruise again until after May 2019 (yeah right) I will lose the Black status. It has the date right on the document for Black status.

It's a "come on" for sure and it leaves a bad taste in some loyal MSC cruisers and I sure can't blame them but, if it means that MSC grows and improves it's product, perhaps it'll be worth it for everyone. JMHO

I am platinum with both Carnival and NCL. I didn't realize the status match is treated differently between the two lines, so I sent in my status match paperwork from Carnival. I was matched to "gold". I have since read that if I had used NCL, I would have been "black". Any chance that I can get this fixed? I have filled out another application and sent in my information on NCL, but it is has been a week and I haven't heard anything back yet. The first time I did it, it only took 3 days. Advice?

Kim

If you have only applied for yourself and if your partner has their own status on another line try applying with their membership to try to get black?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, it's a come on, but effective. After the match cruise, you are as one cruise with MSC. No extra perks, but now you know about the line, and it's up to you if you want to continue. Without the status match, would you even consider MSC? If you stayed as black or whatever, then the people that EARNED the status would really revolt, and rightfully so.

MSC emailed me back and said "Only one status match..sorry". I have emailed again explaining I hadn't known that NCL and Carnival would be matched differently......so now i wait again....but not holding my breath:)

If you have only applied for yourself and if your partner has their own status on another line try applying with their membership to try to get black?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I thought of that as well....but my husband only cruises 1/2 as much as me. He is only gold on both. Thanks for the thought!

Kim

Yes, it's a come on, but effective. After the match cruise, you are as one cruise with MSC. No extra perks, but now you know about the line, and it's up to you if you want to continue. Without the status match, would you even consider MSC? If you stayed as black or whatever, then the people that EARNED the status would really revolt, and rightfully so.

Are you sure? My Daughter who is sailing this weekend has also booked the Seaside and her booking shoes her as Black also.

You mean to tell me that after the 1st cruise in a few days she takes on Davina, they will strip the Black status off her Seaside for 2018?

I was under the impression that you lose the status if you don't sail again within 3 years

Are you sure? My Daughter who is sailing this weekend has also booked the Seaside and her booking shoes her as Black also.

You mean to tell me that after the 1st cruise in a few days she takes on Davina, they will strip the Black status off her Seaside for 2018?

I was under the impression that you lose the status if you don't sail again within 3 years

I think you're right. I believe she continues "Black Card" status for 3 years, at least (cruise again and the clock resets for upgraded status).

I'm Platinum Status on NCL and they mapped me to "Black Card" on MSC. Sailing in the YC this coming Saturday. Pretty excited to see how that experience works out given I've been sailing in the Haven on NCL recently.

I guess there's no point arguing since our first cruise is in a few months and so time will tell.

If it only lasts the 1st cruise, oh well, we'll still keep our Seaside cruise since the status match isn't the reason we booked MSC anyway. Having said that, if we continue to hold the Black card I will continue to enjoy it's benefits for as long as they allow me to.

Cheers,