Looking for reviews of room service charge items.

crusinpsychRN

My husband I are both big room service fans. Free and low-cost room service is one of the reasons we like Carnival, though we don't mind paying the small upcharges for certain items. (I do miss the fajita sandwich and the old shrimp sandwich, sadly...) We've tried just about everything on the new paid menu.

Our thoughts:

1. Wings -- We've had the Caribbean Jerk and Buffalo. These are good-ish. We're picky about wings, and I'd say we both ranked them as basic and good. We preferred the Jerk. The Buffalo sauce was too sweet and not spicy enough (the Jerk is still not spicy to us, but not so sweet). Rare for things to be spicy enough for us, so that's part of the issue with wings not being amazing.

2. Chicken tenders -- These are good and the dipping sauces are good (they'll give you both if you ask for them). Nice with fries for a late night snack. Nothing special but better than the ones some ships have on Lido in my opinion (though perhaps only because fresher?).

3. Firecracker shrimp -- Too much breading for my taste, but the dip is tasty and the shrimp was OK. Nothing special. We've only gotten once and never felt compelled to get again.

3. Quesadilla -- We thought this was really good and ordered it a few time. We always crave nachos onboard and there aren't any available very often! So this is the closest we could get sometimes.

4. Philly Cheese Steak -- A TON of meat (I picked some off) and a pretty decent sandwich, though it's steak sandwich quality for sure and not a proper steak. More like roast beef. I wasn't in love with it because I'm picky about meat and there wasn't enough cheese to my taste, but my husband ate the rest of it and really enjoyed it.

5. Fries -- We really love the sweet potato fries and the regular fries are good too.

Honestly, we use room service the MOST for the BLT and chocolate cake, but now we sometimes add the extra $1.50-2 for fries. The wings and chicken fingers are good late night snacks, especially if my husband needs something a little more substantial than a BLT.

I wouldn't bother with the shrimp as it's too much breading, too little shrimp, but everything else is good for what it is (so is the shrimp, I guess, I'm not partial to fried shrimp though I love seafood and shrimp in other ways).

Thanks for info and sticking to the question. J igten wondered about the shimp.

I love spciy things as well.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

We miss the smoked salmon that was why we would order breakfast from room service

Pick some up at the deli and save for breakfast! We'll get several orders of salmon only and put it in the fridge, then have with a fresh bagel the next day...

The smoked salmon bagel and cream cheese is gone?? [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get the bagel and the cream cheese. No smoked salmon anymore. What I do is bring along some small snack-size baggies, then go to the deli each afternoon and order just a serving of smoked salmon. Put that in the fridge and have it in the morning with my room service bagel and cream cheese.

You can get the bagel and the cream cheese. No smoked salmon anymore. What I do is bring along some small snack-size baggies, then go to the deli each afternoon and order just a serving of smoked salmon. Put that in the fridge and have it in the morning with my room service bagel and cream cheese.

That's a good idea. Thank you!

Great idea thanks

Also re: breakfast bagels I assume you can ask for those to be toasted?

They do (or at least should) come toasted. But it's a somewhat light toasting (the less time in the toaster the faster they can pump them out). It's fine for me, but if you want them charred, that's probably a special request that they may or may not accommodate through room service.

How do the fries compare to what you can get up on the lido. Guessing about the same but 24/7?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They're the kind that is at the Grill area (not seasoned like Guys or anything) but in my experience, typically fresher than we've gotten at the Lido Grille.

This is the old room service menu

IIRC, there was one in between the current one and that one posted too... that one is very old... not the most recent before the pay items were added.

We have only tried the fries and buffalo wings and they arrive pretty hot and fresh we've had them several times on the last few cruises.

*There are 8 wings...typically divided in 4 flats/4 drummies ( we had the buffalo) they have carrot and celery sticks and your dressing choice ...honestly it was better and cheaper than any we've had at some wing places and Hooters

The fries are great if hot!

We loved the wings and the philly steak but to be honest I just remember my DH said it was good, don't remember tasting it lol. Sweet Potato fries are yummy. I guess we knew there was a small charge but hey when you think about it - much less than a fou fou drink :eek: