Is it possible to order internet for 15 minutes?

Nothing really, I was just planning and strategizing the best way to pay for this trip using cash and my points. I wish we could use our AMEX MR points for RCI credit!

That is why I have the RCCL Visa card No annual fee, and a $100 signup bonus.

Hi Molly!

So, this is a bit hairy, but here's what I'm doing:

Amex Rewards points > Target Gift Card > Disney Gift Card > WDW Disney park admission tickets

I plan to just buy the tickets on the day of at the park. I called in and a rep told me about the 7 day rule but now that I think about it, how would that even work if one is buying the tickets on the day of attendance?

I'm going to call them back today and get this cleared up.

Thanks for the feedback! It helped me realize that what the rep said actually doesn't make sense! lol

Everyone else: Thanks for info about the $20 24hr internet package. I might end up buying that if I can't reserve FP+ passes 30 days out.

UPDATE:

This doesn't even belong on this website, so I'll keep it brief. The WDW rep said that "by default" you can reserve FP+ passes 7 days in advance for "day of" ticket purchases.

As far as I know they have stopped allowing us to buy Disney gift cards with Target gift cards. This has been within the last month.

They used to call the Disney cards "entertainment cards", which is why you could use the Target card to do it, but now it's been changed.

I think the rep didn't explain himself OR didn't understand it.

I probably cannot link to the big huge major "dis"ney message "board" on here, but I'm going to quote some of it. It's in their Everything FastPass+ forum.

• "Onsite Guests - 60 Days Before Check-in Date:
    • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room/ticket package.
    • Guests staying at WDW owned and operated resorts (including DVC) with a room-only reservation and valid tickets booked separately and linked to an MDX account.
    • Guests staying at the Swan or Dolphin resorts and valid tickets linked to an MDX account.
    • Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account reservation (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

[*]Offsite Guests - 30 Days Before Park Day:

• Guests not staying at any of the resorts listed above, but with tickets linked to an MDX account. Note: If offsite guests are linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests above, they share the onsite guests' booking window of 60 days.

[*]Castmembers - 7 Days Before Park Day:

• CMs not staying at any of the resorts listed above, but with CM tickets linked to an MDX account. CM tickets include Maingates, Guest Passes, and comps. Note: If CMs are linked to or listed on accounts of either category above, they share that category's booking window (60 days onsite, 30 days offsite)."

As you can see, the ONLY mention of 7 days is for cast members.

7 days comes into play in a different way for offsite annual passholders, who can book 7 days from their 30 day window. So if you're arriving 30 days after today you can book starting today, for 7 days from that arrival day.

But there's no way to book 7 days before you've even purchased the tickets, as a normal guest. You *have to* have tickets linked on MDE before making FP+ arrangements. Basically you have to prove that you can enter the park before tying up FP+s.

Edited by mollyeilis

Can I ask where do you buy 24hrs of internet for $19.99. Is this done thru guest services?

You purchase either using your own wireless device or one of the guest computers. You will be prompted on how to sign up.

I am also a frequent reader of that Disney message board and their Disney gift card and FP threads...and I just returned back from my 3rd Disney trip this year...so - Not a newbie!

I think that MollyEllis has provided VERY sound advice - the Disney gift card purchases with store gift cards are nearly dead. Target is hit or miss at best (and not online). Please make sure you visit the Disney planning boards - the budget board section specifically - to get the scoop.

As for FP - again - the info given to you by the CM over the phone is completely wrong. You must have a ticket attached to your MDE account. Should you get Disney gift cards - you can purchase them from Disney via phone or internet whenever - you do not need to wait until you arrive. This will allow you to do the 30 day FPs.

I am not sure if anywhere has discount 2 day tickets (vs more days) - but I recommend hopping over to the dis planning boards to get help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You know that the Target gift cards that are received using Amex Rewards points are a bad deal right? You only get .007 per point for target gift cards. OTOH with pretty much every other gift card, you get a value of .01 per point.

I would save the Amex rewards points (unless you have millions of them) and use them for flights, hotels or other gift cards.

If you have a target credit or debit card, you can get 5% off of a Disney gift card also.

Don't hotels have a horrible conversion with AMEX rewards also?

If you are platinum, flights are the best bang for the buck .02, and you are right about gift cards - I used to get a bunch of home depot gift cards.

Can I ask where do you buy 24hrs of internet for $19.99. Is this done thru guest services?

I used it on my recent Freedom cruise. It's very simple, just click on the RCI wireless and after connecting scroll down through several options. The $19.99 was the last option listed. Just select that and you have 24 hours access.

Can't you buy disney tickets at the Disney Store? And I don't think you can buy the Disney cards anymore at Target with a Target Gift Card.

"GiftCard Disclaimer: Redeemable for merchandise or services (other than gift cards and prepaid cards) at Target stores in the U.S. or Target.com, and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit except where required by law. No value until purchased"

All of the internet info is fabulous and great, but totally isn't relevant to the OP because the whole reason she wanted it isn't something she'll need.

If she waits until she gets to WDW to buy tickets she'll be doing her FP+ the day she gets the tickets.

If she's going to buy tickets ahead of time, she might as well do it 30 days out (if offsite) or 60 days (if onsite).

But there will be NO need to do this on the ship, unless she actually waits until the day she boards to buy the tickets and link them to her MDE account; and in that case she could just use the cell service before the ship leaves port.

The best advice on this thread was the first offered.

Find a kind fellow passenger who will let you use his/her Internet for a few minutes.

:)

Great advice and use your meet and mingle roll call to reach out before your cruise. If you were on my cruise I would do it.

We're not buying our tickets in advance on WDW's website so we don't get the perk of doing FP+ passes 30 days in advance.

Our cruise starts on Saturday and returns the following Saturday. We're going to WDW the Sunday & Monday after.

So, I was planning to get up at 6am to book our 3 allotted FP+ passes for each day.

I just looked up internet packages and I'd be willing to just buy it for the Sun & Mon of our cruise, but RC only has the full 7 day package.

Thanks for the idea of using internet in the ports. But, on Sunday, we'll be cruising and on Monday, we'll be in Labadee. Is there free wifi in Labadee?

The thing about WDW FP+ passes is that who knows if any good rides will even be available 7 days in advance?

To answer your fastpass question all to good (popular) rides will be already booked if you are only 7 days out from park visit. We live in FL and know WDW very well from wayyyy too many visits. Here's what we do. When the park opens, bee-line it to the rides you want to do the most and get those out of the way first thing.

Get a map of the park on line to find out where these rides are before you get to the park so you know where they are and how to get there. Once that's done, you have the day to roam around and enjoy the day.

To answer your fastpass question all to good (popular) rides will be already booked if you are only 7 days out from park visit. We live in FL and know WDW very well from wayyyy too many visits. Here's what we do. When the park opens, bee-line it to the rides you want to do the most and get those out of the way first thing.

Get a map of the park on line to find out where these rides are before you get to the park so you know where they are and how to get there. Once that's done, you have the day to roam around and enjoy the day.

One more important thing to really make this work - be in line at the gate for the park to open atleast 30 minutes before - 35-40 if MK! It really allows you to maximize the first hour to its fullest wait free glory!

One more important thing to really make this work - be in line at the gate for the park to open atleast 30 minutes before - 35-40 if MK! It really allows you to maximize the first hour to its fullest wait free glory!

Exactly!!!!