Is it possible to order internet for 15 minutes?

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to order 10-15 minutes of internet service?

We're going to Disney World after our cruise and I want to reserve our FastPass+ passes online, which is 7 days before the day we'll be at the park.

Does RC offer this type of service and if so, how much is it?

Edited by GuavaTechAngels

I thought that I'd read that you could reserve up to 30 days in advance. If not, and if you can't get a reasonable price aboard for your internet, why not use one of the many free or low cost hotspots during one of your port calls.

I thought that I'd read that you could reserve up to 30 days in advance. If not, and if you can't get a reasonable price aboard for your internet, why not use one of the many free or low cost hotspots during one of your port calls.

We're not buying our tickets in advance on WDW's website so we don't get the perk of doing FP+ passes 30 days in advance.

Our cruise starts on Saturday and returns the following Saturday. We're going to WDW the Sunday & Monday after.

So, I was planning to get up at 6am to book our 3 allotted FP+ passes for each day.

I just looked up internet packages and I'd be willing to just buy it for the Sun & Mon of our cruise, but RC only has the full 7 day package.

Thanks for the idea of using internet in the ports. But, on Sunday, we'll be cruising and on Monday, we'll be in Labadee. Is there free wifi in Labadee?

The thing about WDW FP+ passes is that who knows if any good rides will even be available 7 days in advance?

When are you buying tickets? You have have tickets on you MyDisneyExperience account before you can do FPs. And if you have tickets on your account then you have the 30 days. (60 days out, assuming you have tickets on your account, if you are staying onsite)

No matter what, though, you have to have tickets linked before making the FPs.

But there's no *7 days out* rule that| I know of, and I'm on WDW message boards just about every day.

You don't have to buy tickets directly from Disney BTW. Could get them for a legit discounter like undercovertourist for instance. And once you link them to your account you're good to go for FPs once you hit the 60 days for onsite guests or 30 days for anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... I just looked up internet packages and I'd be willing to just buy it for the Sun & Mon of our cruise, but RC only has the full 7 day package....

Once you are onboard, there should be a one-day price for about $20.

The one day package is available onboard and it is for 24 continuous hours from the time you start it and sometimes it goes longer than that. There is a countdown when you log on that shows your remaining time of your package. So if you started it on Sunday morning it would go to at least the same time on Monday allowing you to book WDW 7 days in advance on both days.

I don't recall any free Wi-Fi internet at Labadee but we weren't looking for this. I did a search for this and the following thread appears to confirm this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2287282&highlight=Labadee+Wi-Fi

Edited by robtulipe

Another option is if it is a port day, find a location that has free or cheap internet access in the port . Ask the crew... they will know.

If you read the OP posts they want to book WDW earliest possible which is 7 days prior to their visits there which is a sea day and Labadee.

When are you buying tickets? You have have tickets on you MyDisneyExperience account before you can do FPs. And if you have tickets on your account then you have the 30 days. (60 days out, assuming you have tickets on your account, if you are staying onsite)

No matter what, though, you have to have tickets linked before making the FPs.

But there's no *7 days out* rule that| I know of, and I'm on WDW message boards just about every day.

You don't have to buy tickets directly from Disney BTW. Could get them for a legit discounter like undercovertourist for instance. And once you link them to your account you're good to go for FPs once you hit the 60 days for onsite guests or 30 days for anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Molly!

So, this is a bit hairy, but here's what I'm doing:

Amex Rewards points > Target Gift Card > Disney Gift Card > WDW Disney park admission tickets

I plan to just buy the tickets on the day of at the park. I called in and a rep told me about the 7 day rule but now that I think about it, how would that even work if one is buying the tickets on the day of attendance?

I'm going to call them back today and get this cleared up.

Thanks for the feedback! It helped me realize that what the rep said actually doesn't make sense! lol

Everyone else: Thanks for info about the $20 24hr internet package. I might end up buying that if I can't reserve FP+ passes 30 days out.

UPDATE:

This doesn't even belong on this website, so I'll keep it brief. The WDW rep said that "by default" you can reserve FP+ passes 7 days in advance for "day of" ticket purchases.

On our last cruise they offered a special for the last 2 days for the price of one. We did not see that on the cruise before on the same ship. So it varies. Good luck.

If you are back in your US home port, you will be using land--based towers, not the ship's wi-fi. Shouldn't be any different than using your phone at home, on a normal basis!

Thanks for the tips.

Our cruise leaves on Saturday and comes back on Saturday, and then we're going to WDW on Sunday and Monday.

So, I would need internet on Sunday and Monday at the beginning of the cruise.

Unfortunately, that Sunday is a sea day and that Monday, we'll be in Labadee.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the tips.

Our cruise leaves on Saturday and comes back on Saturday, and then we're going to WDW on Sunday and Monday.

So, I would need internet on Sunday and Monday at the beginning of the cruise.

Unfortunately, that Sunday is a sea day and that Monday, we'll be in Labadee.

Hope that makes sense.

The best advice on this thread was the first offered.

Find a kind fellow passenger who will let you use his/her Internet for a few minutes.

:)

We're not buying our tickets in advance on WDW's website so we don't get the perk of doing FP+ passes 30 days in advance.

Our cruise starts on Saturday and returns the following Saturday. We're going to WDW the Sunday & Monday after.

So, I was planning to get up at 6am to book our 3 allotted FP+ passes for each day.

I just looked up internet packages and I'd be willing to just buy it for the Sun & Mon of our cruise, but RC only has the full 7 day package.

Thanks for the idea of using internet in the ports. But, on Sunday, we'll be cruising and on Monday, we'll be in Labadee. Is there free wifi in Labadee?

The thing about WDW FP+ passes is that who knows if any good rides will even be available 7 days in advance?

Okay, not a cruise expert but definitely a Disney FPP expert (and local). I'm really confused on where you're getting the 7 days from? Unless you're buying them at that point, there are no tickets out there that won't let you book 30 days in advance (60 if staying onsite at a Disney hotel). You should be able to link them to MDE no matter where you buy them from and book at 30 days. This is a far easier fix than trying to deal with it on the ship.

If I'm really missing something and you have to book at 7 days for some reason, you should be able to get almost anything you want at that point other than 7 Dwarves Mine Train and Frozen Ever After. Some of the other more popular rides (new Soarin', Toy Story) may or may not have availability early in the day but I'd be really surprised if they weren't available even that close. I rarely book mine more than a day out. But definitely check into the 30 day thing!

Hi Molly!

Amex Rewards points > Target Gift Card > Disney Gift Card > WDW Disney park admission tickets

You know that the Target gift cards that are received using Amex Rewards points are a bad deal right? You only get .007 per point for target gift cards. OTOH with pretty much every other gift card, you get a value of .01 per point.

I would save the Amex rewards points (unless you have millions of them) and use them for flights, hotels or other gift cards.

If you have a target credit or debit card, you can get 5% off of a Disney gift card also.

Okay, not a cruise expert but definitely a Disney FPP expert (and local). I'm really confused on where you're getting the 7 days from? Unless you're buying them at that point, there are no tickets out there that won't let you book 30 days in advance (60 if staying onsite at a Disney hotel). You should be able to link them to MDE no matter where you buy them from and book at 30 days. This is a far easier fix than trying to deal with it on the ship.

If I'm really missing something and you have to book at 7 days for some reason, you should be able to get almost anything you want at that point other than 7 Dwarves Mine Train and Frozen Ever After. Some of the other more popular rides (new Soarin', Toy Story) may or may not have availability early in the day but I'd be really surprised if they weren't available even that close. I rarely book mine more than a day out. But definitely check into the 30 day thing!

Yeah, that's what the Disney Travel rep told me? I'll triple check a third time to be absolutely sure. It's great having CC members who are also Disney experts on here! Thanks for the advice! :)

You know that the Target gift cards that are received using Amex Rewards points are a bad deal right? You only get .007 per point for target gift cards. OTOH with pretty much every other gift card, you get a value of .01 per point.

I would save the Amex rewards points (unless you have millions of them) and use them for flights, hotels or other gift cards.

If you have a target credit or debit card, you can get 5% off of a Disney gift card also.

Good point, thanks! I didn't realize they were such a bad deal. I guess I could find another use for my points.

Also what is stopping you from purchasing the disney tickets using your method now? You can get them now, and then make Fastpass reservations as soon as you purchase them 30 days in advance...

Nothing really, I was just planning and strategizing the best way to pay for this trip using cash and my points. I wish we could use our AMEX MR points for RCI credit!