Cabin swapping question

Lisacope

When is everyone going to realize she knows everything about everything--not?

Ouch.:eek:

Biker, who believes Carol has the right answer most of the time.

I am pretty sure she wasn't talking about Carol, but the poster she was responding to. That infamous one with the 50,000 plus one 😉

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

For me, I would rather have the right cabins to start with and not have the hassle of carrying sea passes for charging plus extra keys for getting in to he right rooms. Yes you 'lose ' the 2 bottles of wine but I would rather have the TA make the change in advance.

Are you bringing on bottles of wine?

With at least one adult in each cabin 2 can be brought on for each of the three cabins so you'll have 6 to share.

If the girls are put together before the cruise they wouldn't be allowed to do this for their cabin being they are under the age of 18 so only 4 could be brought on at embarkation for the 2 cabins with adults in them. ;)

It's very easily and quick to change occupants once onboard by going to GS as others have mentioned. You could even do later on embarkation day when GS won't be as busy.

Is it 2 bottles per cabin (with at least one adult present) or is it one per adult to a maximum of 2 per cabin? We have a family group of 12 booked with three cabins occupied by one adult and one child. We thought that each of those adults could only bring 1 bottle on board, but your post indicates that each could bring 2. We would be very happy with your interpretation. :)

It doesn't matter why they booked as they did...yes.. you can swap once onboard, and get the correct keys for each person in the cabin. It's done ALL the time.

and all cruise lines work the same, a quick trip to guest services ( helps to have it all laid out on paper for them ) and they will change it.

never did understand why its the rule of someone under 21 must be in a cabin with someone over 21 BUT on the ship you can put anyone with anyone. maybe an insurance thing at booking?

Is it 2 bottles per cabin (with at least one adult present) or is it one per adult to a maximum of 2 per cabin? We have a family group of 12 booked with three cabins occupied by one adult and one child. We thought that each of those adults could only bring 1 bottle on board, but your post indicates that each could bring 2. We would be very happy with your interpretation. :)

2 per cabin - doesn't matter who's in the cabin.

never did understand why its the rule of someone under 21 must be in a cabin with someone over 21 BUT on the ship you can put anyone with anyone. maybe an insurance thing at booking?

Just online has this restriction, you can book minors in a separate room if you call and book over the phone. Yourself or a TA.

They require minors next to or across from guardians (probably for insurance ) and the booking website can't ensure that happens.

So it's not a rule, it's a online booking restriction, which they could program to allow with a disclosure but the whole website is less than optimal already [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am taking the info below from the Carnival website which contradicts what you are saying. I honestly don't know if they check, but this is what it says

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception:

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.

Also, I wasn't referencing Carol in my previous post. It was the million post wonder!

From Royal Caribbean website:

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Wine may be consumed in any shipboard restaurant, dining venue, or within the guests' stateroom. Wine brought onboard may not be shared for consumption in private group events, and/or in lounges made private for the exclusive use of a group.

Edited by MelissaMcC

I am taking the info below from the Carnival website which contradicts what you are saying. I honestly don't know if they check, but this is what it says

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception:

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.

Also, I wasn't referencing Carol in my previous post. It was the million post wonder!

Why would you reference Carnivals rules on a thread dealing with Royal Caribbean.:confused:

Why would you reference Carnivals rules on a thread dealing with Royal Caribbean.:confused:

I'm so sorry. This thread came up on my email this morning as well as Carnival threads. For whatever reason, I didn't notice it was Royal. Not trying to justify my own stupidity, but someone woke me up at 4:30 with a text and I didn't get back to sleep. Dumb me!

Correct. Below is from our eDocs for the Brilliance TA we board tomorrow and are currently travelling to.

Guests may bring personal wine or

champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to

two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom.

So what about this situation. We have myself DH DD(20) and DD(16). We have myself and DD(16) in a junior suite and DH and DD(20) in a balcony. the cabins are one apart - 1024 and 1028 on the Brilliance. We were told that we could not book kids in one cabin and us in the other since they were under 21 and of course we would like the kids in the balcony and us in the JS. How do we do that and allow the correct person access to the correct room and the ability to use card for purchases and leaving/returning to ship while ashore??

Maybe, if that were the case here but they've already booked with an adult in each cabin so now will have go through their TA to have this change made.

It easier just to do the same onboard and as an bonus they get to share an extra 2 bottles of their favorite wine. :D

There's no real need to rush to GS once onboard as this can be done later in the evening when the boarding rush is over. We've done this at least three times to provide our friends with lower cost as we are D+. Also they won't be onboard as originally planned so we will do likewise for them to join us on our next 2 cruises that we will be booking onboard Brilliance over the next two weeks.

As above--it is very easy to switch around once on board--and you can stop by Guest Services whenever it happens ot be convieneint and have a low line.

We did this for around ten sailigns over the years---booking gtys when the kids were teens and it was NEVER an issue onboard, or difficult at all. And, yes it does get you that extra bit of wine----and switching once onboard also means the adults will end up with keys that open teh teen's door as well--which can be nice to have just in case (if it is a ship which issues extra keys instead of replacements---we have never been given replacements, only extras).

I have never gotten the keys switched, only replacements. It is kind of annoying when you try to use the wrong card to open the room door. Since there are no booking bonuses for the arrangement, I would probably have it 'fixed' before sailing. Figure it out beforehand and tell the TA who goes where. You have to keep at least one person in the original room.

I wouldn't worry about the wine situation. I would just bring the 6 bottles and assign two to each adult when you are going through security.

So what about this situation. We have myself DH DD(20) and DD(16). We have myself and DD(16) in a junior suite and DH and DD(20) in a balcony. the cabins are one apart - 1024 and 1028 on the Brilliance. We were told that we could not book kids in one cabin and us in the other since they were under 21 and of course we would like the kids in the balcony and us in the JS. How do we do that and allow the correct person access to the correct room and the ability to use card for purchases and leaving/returning to ship while ashore??

Just stop by guest services once on board and explain the situtation. Theya will either issue all new key cards to those moving (I have never had this happen, but apparently others have) OR just give you an extra room key to teh correct room for you to use for the junior suite and for DD16 to use for the balcony. So, you end up carrying two cards--one opens your door and the other is your seapass for all other purposes. It is really not a big deal at all.

I have two sailings upcoming, my 16 year old daughter and 18 year old brother in an inside across the hall from my outside, and then for another sailing they are next to us one cabin between us on insides. 9028 and 9032

I had to call to book them in their own room as it wasn't possible to do so online.

I prefer to have everything sorted before I get onboard and always prefer not visit the guest services at all whenever possible.

So as described in the responses, it can be done either way, before or after, and it's up to personal preference.

So everyone is in the right room... however, all of the reservations I made through the cruise planner are still on the original rooms, so now I am off to call Royal Carribean so a 16 year old doesn't get my massage...

So everyone is in the right room... however, all of the reservations I made through the cruise planner are still on the original rooms, so now I am off to call Royal Carribean so a 16 year old doesn't get my massage...

I literally laughed out loud [emoji23]

Enjoy!