ms Zuiderdam in Cape Canaveral, October 18, 2016

Boytjie

HAL used to use this port as a home base for a ship but not in a while. They do stop here coming from Europe or going up to Canada or back from Canada like today. Passengers could opt to end their cruise here if the ship and port were notified ahead of time.

The navigation systems have not come back on since the power failure. They are even working with Seattle - trying to fix it.

I hope we're not still here in the morning. :eek:

Oh no, I hope it comes back soon and you can leave. Got back home though to see it.

Hope the Zuiderdam guests are enjoying today's beautiful weather here on the Space Coast.

The navigation systems have not come back on since the power failure. They are even working with Seattle - trying to fix it.

I hope we're not still here in the morning. :eek:

Happy to hear the "Zuidy" is on the move.. DH, our Good Friends & I will be on board tomorrow- "God willing & the crick don't rise!":eek:

Bags are packed & sitting at the front door, our Pup is at the Sitters, DH is in bed & already sleeping & I'm doing last minute things..

Only one thing left to do is take a shower & put the last minute things in our bags..

Driver called tonight & will be picking our Friends up at 0830 & us up as 0845.. Hopefully we will be at the port & checked in by 1130..

As my Friend said tonight, We don't have to cook & clean for eleven days.. YEA:D:D

I'll wave to you all..

Edited by serendipity1499

It is a bit unusual for a HAL ship to be there. Charleston, SC, is a nicer port, for me, but there is not much room there and the Veendam may have been there. I think the Eurodam may have stopped there on this itinerary recently. Good thing that Matthew was out of the way before the winter migration from the north began.

Of course the Zuiderdam ran right into Matthew...........huricanes don't stop for borders! There was extensive damage in PEI, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland:rolleyes: