Regal Pickleball?

fyrfytrp25

First time on the Regal Dec.4 for 14. Wondering if the pickleball court gets used much? Or is the court area too busy with other activities going on through the day?

Would like to meet up with some competitive players(perhaps for some early morning play). Any suggestions to find other players?

I leave on the Regal next week and was wondering if the sports court has pickleball nets, paddles and balls. I am flying to this cruise so can't bring my own paddle and balls. It's that or clothes!

I will report back!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Yes it has been played mostly by retirees for many years but with the sports rapid growth over the last few years, it has become a game for all ages and skill level.

From what I have read the Regal is the only Princess ship with a pickleball court. I will be bringing 4 paddles and some balls on the cruise with me.

With more than 3000 pax on board hopefully I can find a few to play with.

And I would be happy to introduce the game to anyone who would like to learn.

Here is a clip of highlights of the first annual U.S. OPEN in Florida earlier this year.

First time on the Regal Dec.4 for 14. Wondering if the pickleball court gets used much? Or is the court area too busy with other activities going on through the day?

Would like to meet up with some competitive players(perhaps for some early morning play). Any suggestions to find other players?

I leave on the Regal next week and was wondering if the sports court has pickleball nets, paddles and balls. I am flying to this cruise so can't bring my own paddle and balls. It's that or clothes!

I will report back!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The options listed for the Center Court on the Regal are basketball and volleyball. As far as I know, the court is not striped for pickleball and they probably don't have a pickleball height net. I could be wrong because in the past on other ships I believe paddle tennis was an option but on the old sports courts that were removed when the Sanctuaries were installed. Pickleball is a good fit with the current passenger demographics but Princess may be trying to attract a younger demographic. Report back what you find.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just looked at it on YouTube (Pickleball) it looks like a pretty good game to play and I would like to try it sometime.

Thank You,

Tony

Yes it has been played mostly by retirees for many years but with the sports rapid growth over the last few years, it has become a game for all ages and skill level.

From what I have read the Regal is the only Princess ship with a pickleball court. I will be bringing 4 paddles and some balls on the cruise with me.

With more than 3000 pax on board hopefully I can find a few to play with.

And I would be happy to introduce the game to anyone who would like to learn.

Here is a clip of highlights of the first annual U.S. OPEN in Florida earlier this year.

When I was on the Royal in Jan. there were planned activities for pickle ball (yes, I saw them playing), so am guessing it is available on both the Royal and Regal.

I seem to remember Pickle Ball on the Regal showing on the activities schedule when we were on it in December of 2014. There were a lot of activities up on the Center Court area. I had no idea what it was so never went up to see. First time to see it played was on our Panama cruise on the Coral. Amazed anyone actually tried it because it was so windy.

Edited by ar1950

I have to laugh because I read it quickly and thought you were asking about Pickelbacks!!

Not something that I want on a cruise. The only way that works is if it is used for a potato salad recipe that we make.

Have not been on the Regal, but have been on the Royal twice. The Center Court area was well used especially in the morning, with basketball,Volleyball, and Zumba. Later during the heat of the day it was not so crowded. I would think that you will have to speak with the CD staff once on board to set aside a time for pickleball. This assumes that the ship has the equipment and nets.