Mr and Mrs Doorschlammer

excitedofharpenden

People please, stop!! You're scaring me. We're sailing Celebrity for the first time next Feb. After many years of sailing we've never run into Mr & Mrs Doorschlammer. Are they only loyal to Celebrity? Yikes

We sailed celebrity a lot are not hard of hearing and haven't met them, so don't fret! Yes we have heard doors closing be they were let go, but IMHO this thread is building mountains where only molehill so existed. Maybe I'm just a cock-eyed optimist, but I'm at my happy place on a ship. Use common sense and courtesy and a little diplomacy if faced with the problem and you'll probably be fine.

Just to clarify, I am aware that leaving open the window/door on hot days causes the AC to work harder, and leads to higher energy bills. I was simply responding to the earlier statement that all cruise lines have a sign to this effect on the balcony door. Celebrity had no such sign on our door on the Solstice. Many hotels I have been to have such a sign, and many also have a switch that turns off the AC if you open the door to the balcony.

I'm on Refection right now and am looking at the sign. It's right on the door. You may not have taken notice but I would bet it was on your door too.

I'm on Refection right now and am looking at the sign. It's right on the door. You may not have taken notice but I would bet it was on your door too.

It's been on the balcony door of every cruise line and every ship we've ever sailed...except our own (I wish)!;)

I bet the door slammers are also smoking on their balcony and hogging chairs in the buffet and have their towels down on the sun beds at 5AM:D

Not to mention they brought small children with them and didn't wear the appropriate outfit on "Chic Night."

Amazing with all this fuss about Mr. and Mrs. Doorschlammer and Mr. & Mrs. Balonconylightleaveroners and Mr. & Mrs. Loudtv, that no one mentioned Mr. & Mrs. EverFlushing.:rolleyes:;):D

Apparently, according to another thread, Mr&Mrs Iwannaeatnow are making trouble in select dining. Just shameful

Edited by ceba

I can't believe that someone would rant and rave because your door slammed once on the first day of the cruise. Maybe she was just a rude person who is only happy if others are unhappy.

Sorry you were horrified, but I think if it is a pattern, more than a few times, and they are slamming it very late at night, I've got no issues slamming it early in the morning.

Well it absolutely happened in the way I described. If we had retaliated in the way you suggest how would that have helped either party have an enjoyable vacation. As I handed the problem to guest relations and they dealt with it, we could all get on and enjoy ourselves. I would never lower myself to behave in the same way as those complained about,

Amazing with all this fuss about Mr. and Mrs. Doorschlammer and Mr. & Mrs. Balonconylightleaveroners and Mr. & Mrs. Loudtv, that no one mentioned Mr. & Mrs. EverFlushing.:rolleyes:;):D

Don't forget Mr. & Mrs. WhineAboutEverythingAndEveryone ! [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't forget Mr. & Mrs. WhineAboutEverythingAndEveryone ! [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

and let's not forget Mr. & Mrs. Pushintoacrowdedelevator and their cruising companions, Mr. & Mrs. Butinbuffetlin and Mr. & Mrs. Iwannaeatnow;)

We are on the same cruise, and our door latch would not close/lock without pushing it very hard, causing it to slam against the jamb. I mentioned it to our cabin attendant who had maintenance adjust/loosen it so it wouldn't stick when it closed by pushing or pulling it gently to the locked position.