C&A Alcohol Package Discount Update

Big_G

Just an FYI for others. Bought the package precruise at 20 percent off for Allure 10/16/16 sailing. Onboard we received a bar printout of our D+ benefits and saw the 30 percent discount. The D Concierge emailed Miami for us but we were denied the additional discount. DW brought it to the Loyalty Ambassador's attention and he said it was going fleet wide but there was nothing he good do for this sailing. He suggested cancelling our future package on Adventure and taking the 30 percent instead. The discount was not listed in the C&A letter in our cabin. The way things have changed, you may want to proceed cautiously before cancelling any precruise package. Both the ambassador and the D Concierge said it was only for the 'alcohol' package.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

There was a test run a few months ago, but this is the first I am hearing of the discount. Did they say when it went into effect. I just bought the premium before it changed and go upgraded to the utlimate, I better go check out the pricing difference.

My husband and I are on a 9 night Jewel of the Seas Greek Islands cruise. One of the bartenders mentioned the 40 percent drink package discount available for pinnacle members. We purchased it on day 3 and it was $545.00 for both of us.

We have a port heavy itinerary but are really enjoying the expanded wine/drink selection.

fb6acf1e-d86e-48ec-97ce-e4519b20d40f_zpszkbaqn6f.jpg

My husband and I are on a 9 night Jewel of the Seas Greek Islands cruise. One of the bartenders mentioned the 40 percent drink package discount available for pinnacle members. We purchased it on day 3 and it was $545.00 for both of us.

We have a port heavy itinerary but are really enjoying the expanded wine/drink selection.

fb6acf1e-d86e-48ec-97ce-e4519b20d40f_zpszkbaqn6f.jpg

That says "all beverage packages". Hopefully they would apply the to the Replenish package as well.

That says "all beverage packages". Hopefully they would apply the to the Replenish package as well.

I just double checked my printout and it also says "all beverage packages." The Diamond Concierge told my wife it was only for the alcohol package. Maybe the concierge was mistaken.

Think it was this time last year the discounts started up and ended right before sprint break.

Keep in mind, you can always cancle once onboard.

I agree, except my ship didn't have it.

To all that saw the discount. Was the discount listed on the C&A discount sheet in your cabin?

Seems like it's almost a secret!

To all that saw the discount. Was the discount listed on the C&A discount sheet in your cabin?

It wasn't listed on the C&A letter in our cabin. One of the bartenders printed out our benefits list and it was there.

Never saw it myself.

Just what I read. From what I recall it was openly advertised.

I'll also add, it sounded like the concierge was caught by surprise and had to email our query to Miami.

Last November when we arrived in our cabin on Navigator there was a flyer for I believe 40% off the ultimate package for diamond+ plus members. I had pre-purchased our package a couple weeks before sailing.

I went down to guest relations with the flyer, they told where a bar manager was working at the time, I went and saw him. While I was standing their he refunded to our credit card the original pre-purchase and sold us the ultimate package at the promo price.

I've pre-purchased for out upcoming harmony cruise and I will seek out a refund if they have the same offer this year.

It wasn't listed on the C&A letter in our cabin. One of the bartenders printed out our benefits list and it was there.

On allure right now. I am going to see if they have the discount for this week. Just go to any bar and ask for a printout of our benefits? Drink package discount was not listed for last weeks allure cruise on our benefits page either.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last November when we arrived in our cabin on Navigator there was a flyer for I believe 40% off the ultimate package for diamond+ plus members. I had pre-purchased our package a couple weeks before sailing.

I went down to guest relations with the flyer, they told where a bar manager was working at the time, I went and saw him. While I was standing their he refunded to our credit card the original pre-purchase and sold us the ultimate package at the promo price.

I've pre-purchased for out upcoming harmony cruise and I will seek out a refund if they have the same offer this year.

Very interesting! I've just bought the package at 30% off so will be looking out to see what offers they have on board Jewel next month for D+.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On allure right now. I am going to see if they have the discount for this week. Just go to any bar and ask for a printout of our benefits? Drink package discount was not listed for last weeks allure cruise on our benefits page either.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yes. They can print out all your C&A benefits with a swipe of your card.

I have pre-purchased all our pkgs b/c of the 20% off. We are D+, is there any way to confirm it is 30% off on Enchantment and Brilliance?

And what do you mean you can cancel your pkg once on board? Are you saying if I pre-purchase and get on board it is cheaper I can cancel the one I already bought and buy the cheaper one on the ship?

I have pre-purchased all our pkgs b/c of the 20% off. We are D+, is there any way to confirm it is 30% off on Enchantment and Brilliance?

And what do you mean you can cancel your pkg once on board? Are you saying if I pre-purchase and get on board it is cheaper I can cancel the one I already bought and buy the cheaper one on the ship?

Yes, that's what i was allowed to do on Navigator last November.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Forums mobile app

Yes, that's what i was allowed to do on Navigator last November.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Forums mobile app

Makes it so hard to figure out what to do. I have bought all our pkgs b/c of the 20% off. So worried if I cancel and book on the ship it will be one not offering the 30% off. Wish they would just make something across the board so you would not have to guess!

Makes it so hard to figure out what to do. I have bought all our pkgs b/c of the 20% off. So worried if I cancel and book on the ship it will be one not offering the 30% off. Wish they would just make something across the board so you would not have to guess!

I agree we purchased the package for 30% off when they had a special on-line. Now for pinnacle it says its 40% I'm afraid if I cancel they will offer nothing on the Oasis when we go 11/5 and I will be out 30%.

We are on Brilliance now. The letters with the coupon list in our staterooms at the beginning of the cruise did not list any beverage package discount. However, I went to the Diamond Concierge and asked her to print out a list of my remaining coupons. Sure enough, the beverage package discount was listed there, which was a surprise to her. We will shortly try to purchase a package at discount and see if the bar people honor it.

Sure enough, the beverage package discount was listed there, which was a surprise to her.

Well, maybe RCI doesn't want to advertise the fact that you can save money with this discount. This sounds like it's one of the most stealth coupons available.

Well, maybe RCI doesn't want to advertise the fact that you can save money with this discount. This sounds like it's one of the most stealth coupons available.

When we left the DL, the Diamond Concierge was working on the Welcome letter to add the beverage discount to the list. So at least on BR, it should be well known starting next cruise.