Coral Princess condition ?

RotaryMike

There is no gap in Coral Princess' sailing schedule in February. Or at any other time between now and May 2018, the farthest out itineraries are showing for her. So no known drydock forthcoming.

But I will again take the opportunity to point out that the routine drydocks conducted roughly every 2.5 to 3 years on every single cruise ship generally have nothing to do with the "condition" of the ship or whether or not general upkeep is adequate or not. (Hint: no cruise line would ever sail a ship with inadequate upkeep).

Coral Princess will turn 14 years old in January; if you look hard enough while on board you will find some signs of being that age. But if you are that much inclined to do so, why are you cruising on any ship in the first place?

Edited by fishywood

We are looking at a Coral Princess cruise in January, i'd appreciate comments on the condition of Coral Princess, i saw that it is going into drydock in february . thanx.

I thought had seen that it was going into drydock in february, but i didn't really pay attention to the year. I just got a reply from Princess, and they confirmed that the Coral was in drydock this past Feb - 2016.

Condition should be up to the usual Princess standards !.

thanx to those who commented ! Mike in CT

I thought had seen that it was going into drydock in february, but i didn't really pay attention to the year. I just got a reply from Princess, and they confirmed that the Coral was in drydock this past Feb - 2016.

Condition should be up to the usual Princess standards !.

thanx to those who commented ! Mike in CT

It was this past February and they did some updating. The mattresses were replaced, new carpet in most of the common areas, and several updates to the dining room furniture. We were on the second sailing after drydock, and while still a few issues, it was a great cruise.

• 2 months later...

There may be a little confusion because when you check out the ship on the web site, you have to choose between before Feb 2017 or after Feb 2017.

I think that is because of the minisuite Club Class starting, so the price will change with some of the minisuites being upgraded to Club.

Or maybe I'm off in La La Land!