Cruising with teenagers

Frozone

We have booked on MSC Seaside from 30 Dec 2017 - 6 Jan 2018. We have 2 teenage children. I have been told there aren't many children cruising over this time as American schools aren't on holiday (we are South African). I'd love to know if this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It varies and changes depending on the timing of New Years. LA public schools go back Jan 9 this year for example and private schools tend to always have a bit longer break. Add in Canadians Europeans and South American families and here should be other teenagers onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It depends on how individual school districts/states do their Xmas vacation days; this year a lot of schools will probably start back up on Monday the 2nd or Tuesday the 3rd, but not all.

There should still be a decent amount of teens on board with out it being an overwhelming number.

Here in Colorado our kids will not be back in school until Jan 10, 2018. So i would not worry. There should be some kids on the cruise.

Our DS has been cruising with us since he was 3 and is now 18. There have been many times when he has been one of only 10 kids on board. Has always had a great time....

It might also decide on where your cruise is from. If from Florida, then there may be more east coast kids on board if their schools are not back in session until the 2nd week of January. West coast cruises that week, would have more west coast kids. Same for spring break times as families need to take into account travel time back home.