Adult Serenity Area

ne1travel

We have only cruised Princess which has the Sanctuary for those that wish peace and quiet. It's a daily fee or if you get there early enough you can sign up for a weekly fee.

We are looking at some of the Carnival Cruises available and do like some itineraries. Just wondering if anyone could give us info on Carnival Serenity area if we'd like to take a day just to relax.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnivals serenity areas are free. They are in different areas on different ships. The Sunshines our favorite. You have to get to them early in the morning or wait until the late afternoon to find some free.

There is no charge. We've had good luck finding loungers, but I'm sure others will say it gets crowded. We go after breakfast or brunch and usually stay until lunch.

There is a towel hut just for the Serenity area with their distinctive yellow towels - again no charge, just sign them out and return them when you leave.

We enjoy the Serenity decks on the Spirit-class ships the best. They are aft and really are away from the crowds.

No fee and imo Serenity is not as quiet as Sanctuary. Carnival often has live music playing in Serenity in the late afternoon and the canned music can be cranked up at times too. On one cruise the boom boxes of guests were loud so that the people partying in the hot tubs could hear their music. ( There are two tubs in the Serenity area on Fantasy class vessels. ) I heard one person say Serenity on Carnival only means no one under 21 permitted. We enjoy Serenity more on Spirit class ships than the Fantasy class.

Happy Cruising.

Edited by sanmarcosman

There is no fee for the serenity area on Carnival ships, it is just adult only and in my experience this has always been enforced. I have personally never seen kids in there.

How nice the serenity area is on each ship varies greatly, as their design and location is not consistent, so you would have to know which ship you were actually considering to get a real review. Some even have a bar and limited food items available inside the serenity area. Others are poorly designed and in an unfortunate location, like sometimes overlooking a kids area.

Since there is no reservation system, the serenity area can sometimes be hard to find a seat in.

I've sailed on the Ecstasy, the Imagination and the Pride--all of which have a Serenity Deck. My experience varied with the itinerary and the ship, but the Serenity Deck, even when full of people, is 1000% better than any of the other pool areas.

The Serenity decks on the Ecstasy and the Imagination were fairly small. There were loungers, some umbrellas and two spa tubs. I had no problem getting a lounger and if you get there early enough in the morning, you can find them with an umbrella too.

The Serenity deck on the Pride was huge with tons of loungers, 4 double hammocks, and a bunch of double loungers--some covered, some open. There was a small pool and a nice spa tub. The place was hopping most days on our recent cruise, but we still were always able to find a lounger. On the last day of our cruise, a sea day, the Serenity Deck was almost like a ghost town. We had our pick of places to sit and we even had the spa tub all to ourselves in the late afternoon.

There were never any kids on the Serenity deck of any of these ships and there was no live music either. The canned music was not loud or obtrusive.

And just to reiterate--the Serenity Deck is 1000% better than any other pool area.

I've sailed on the Ecstasy, the Imagination and the Pride--all of which have a Serenity Deck. My experience varied with the itinerary and the ship, but the Serenity Deck, even when full of people, is 1000% better than any of the other pool areas.

The Serenity decks on the Ecstasy and the Imagination were fairly small. There were loungers, some umbrellas and two spa tubs. I had no problem getting a lounger and if you get there early enough in the morning, you can find them with an umbrella too.

The Serenity deck on the Pride was huge with tons of loungers, 4 double hammocks, and a bunch of double loungers--some covered, some open. There was a small pool and a nice spa tub. The place was hopping most days on our recent cruise, but we still were always able to find a lounger. On the last day of our cruise, a sea day, the Serenity Deck was almost like a ghost town. We had our pick of places to sit and we even had the spa tub all to ourselves in the late afternoon.

There were never any kids on the Serenity deck of any of these ships and there was no live music either. The canned music was not loud or obtrusive.

And just to reiterate--the Serenity Deck is 1000% better than any other pool area.

Just off the Miracle (Pride's sister) Hawaii cruise. The Serenity deck had a few days of live music- each solo guitarists and the violin duo. At night there were a low key few parties.

I'll reiterate what others have said: the no-fee Serenity areas will vary by ship in size/shape/amenities.

They are generally well-attended and, for the most, serene. I have not experienced canned music during the day (perhaps it was playing and I just couldn't hear it)but occasionally, for an hour in early afternoon and/or early evening, a low-key live guitarist played soothing tunes that were not distracting.

The hit-or-miss or the Serenity Deck is, like any other part of the ship, dependent on fellow passengers. The "chogs" are still there (you know, the "towel on a chair but no one in it" before sun up to lunchtime). On more than one occasion was the rowdy bunch who didn't quite understand the purpose of the Serenity Deck and hooted it up like they were at a backyard barbeque. However, those instances were rare and only mildly annoying for a brief time.

Nighttime activities are geared toward the same... more subdued and social with low-playing music rather than hip-shakin' line dancing.