Good choice for next cruise?

RSLeesburg

Hi everyone. Currently aboard Harmony of the Seas and having an amazing time. Wanted to book our next cruise and narrowed it down to two - both Christmas 2017 cruises: Indy 9 day Eastern out of PE or Navigator 9 day Southern out of MIA.

We booked Navigator as ABC islands sounded like much better itinerary but wanted to get feedback from people who have been on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi everyone. Currently aboard Harmony of the Seas and having an amazing time. Wanted to book our next cruise and narrowed it down to two - both Christmas 2017 cruises: Indy 9 day Eastern out of PE or Navigator 9 day Southern out of MIA.

We booked Navigator as ABC islands sounded like much better itinerary but wanted to get feedback from people who have been on both.

RSLeesburg, I haven't been on either ship but I will throw some questions/thoughts to think about. You might have already thought about these things as well. When I read your question they popped into my mind.

The further south you sail, the warmer it will/should be. Commuting from MIA to the port will be shorter but I'm not sure if traffic will be worse? Will flight times and connections be better at one airport VS the other?

I'd love to make the choice between the two sailings but alas, no sailing over the holidays at my house. :)

RSLeesburg, I haven't been on either ship but I will throw some questions/thoughts to think about. You might have already thought about these things as well. When I read your question they popped into my mind.

The further south you sail, the warmer it will/should be. Commuting from MIA to the port will be shorter but I'm not sure if traffic will be worse? Will flight times and connections be better at one airport VS the other?

I'd love to make the choice between the two sailings but alas, no sailing over the holidays at my house. :)

Hi Andrew

I had not thought about the weather but this is very good point!

We are extremely fortunate in terms of commuting. We moved from metro DC to West Palm Beach, so can drive to both ports in 2 hours or less.

This will be first Christmas cruise. We have been going Thanksgiving (this is our third in a row), but my wife wanted to try something new. Would have loved to do another Oasis class ship, but Allure and Harmony were $3-5K more for 7 day cruise, and I would rather get more days at sea [emoji3]

We like the Southern routes better. Especially during the winter!!!

We've cruised Christmas several times simply because it's the only time I had available when I was working. Now that I'm (semi) retired, we probably won't do Christmas cruises again. Disadvantage (for us) is the generally higher amount of children on the cruise and the higher cost.

For future thought. The two weeks just before Christmas are very reasonably priced with fewer kids (if that's an issue for you) and most ships are nearly or fully decorated for Christmas

We've cruised Christmas several times simply because it's the only time I had available when I was working. Now that I'm (semi) retired, we probably won't do Christmas cruises again. Disadvantage (for us) is the generally higher amount of children on the cruise and the higher cost.

For future thought. The two weeks just before Christmas are very reasonably priced with fewer kids (if that's an issue for you) and most ships are nearly or fully decorated for Christmas

Yes. Unfortunately, we will be one of those bringing a child aboard - just one [emoji3]. So, we are somewhat restricted by his school vacation calendar.

The higher cost is one of the disadvantages of trying to travel when kids are off from school - but it is what it is.

Yes. Unfortunately, we will be one of those bringing a child aboard - just one [emoji3]. So, we are somewhat restricted by his school vacation calendar.

The higher cost is one of the disadvantages of trying to travel when kids are off from school - but it is what it is.

No offense about the kids. We are just past that stage in our life. Having said that, RCL does a great job with the kids and many times you can't tell that there are hundreds of them on board.

Yes, Christmas cruises are when families can take their kids, hence the higher percentage. You will like the Christmas cruise. Most ships generally have special programs - Christmas shows, caroling, children shows etc..

The voyager class ships have special Christmas themed ice shows. At least that's been our experience. . And to top it off, Santa usually finds the ship and lands to visit the kids. Sometimes they give nice gifts for kids and even adults. One time Sallie & I received a very nice RCL logo luggage piece for Christmas.

No offense about the kids. We are just past that stage in our life. Having said that, RCL does a great job with the kids and many times you can't tell that there are hundreds of them on board.

Yes, Christmas cruises are when families can take their kids, hence the higher percentage. You will like the Christmas cruise. Most ships generally have special programs - Christmas shows, caroling, children shows etc..

The voyager class ships have special Christmas themed ice shows. At least that's been our experience. . And to top it off, Santa usually finds the ship and lands to visit the kids. Sometimes they give nice gifts for kids and even adults. One time Sallie & I received a very nice RCL logo luggage piece for Christmas.

We are not offended. We don't want to sail with thousands of kids either [emoji6]

In general, I think most kids are generally good and well-behaved. The problems is what happens when they get into a crowd..,

Thanks. We are super excited to try a new itinerary and a new class of ship :).

What are specialty restaurants on Navigator? IIRC, there is Chops, Giovanni's, and Sabor - are these correct?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=NV&br=R

Thanks. We are super excited to try a new itinerary and a new class of ship :).

What are specialty restaurants on Navigator? IIRC, there is Chops, Giovanni's, and Sabor - are these correct?

Navigator as all of these plus Izumi, most of these were added 2 years ago when ship was refurbished

I'm with you never again Christmas on any ship. Even if it was free.