50 dollar deposit deal

luckyinpa

obviously you cannot lose more than you give them so this seems like a great time to book and lock in the perks you want with virtually no risk. I'm thinking about a september cruise and i realize 90 days out full payment is due and im pretty sure i know all the rules but i wanted to confirm. if i'm wrong here please let me know

the main reason for asking all these questions is the 3rd passenger is not a definite thing and may not be definite until after final payment

prior to the final payment:

1. i can call them up and say sorry i cannot go, please refund my 50

2. i can pretty much do anything but i would retain the perks i had at booking. i can change cabins up or down, i can add or delete passengers. (or does this count as a rebook and you get the perks in effect at the time? mind is fuzzy now)

3. if the answer to 2 is that changing cabins is a cancel and rebook, then what can i do to retain the same perks as i had before (just add or subtract a passenger?)

after final payment:

my understanding pretty much all i could do is upsell, full price upgrade, but is it definite that you can add and subtract passengers ? or is it best to keep 3 people on the itinerary and just have them no show and get the port taxes back at the pier?

obviously you cannot lose more than you give them so this seems like a great time to book and lock in the perks you want with virtually no risk. I'm thinking about a september cruise and i realize 90 days out full payment is due and im pretty sure i know all the rules but i wanted to confirm. if i'm wrong here please let me know

the main reason for asking all these questions is the 3rd passenger is not a definite thing and may not be definite until after final payment

prior to the final payment:

1. i can call them up and say sorry i cannot go, please refund my 50

2. i can pretty much do anything but i would retain the perks i had at booking. i can change cabins up or down, i can add or delete passengers. (or does this count as a rebook and you get the perks in effect at the time? mind is fuzzy now)

3. if the answer to 2 is that changing cabins is a cancel and rebook, then what can i do to retain the same perks as i had before (just add or subtract a passenger?)

after final payment:

my understanding pretty much all i could do is upsell, full price upgrade, but is it definite that you can add and subtract passengers ? or is it best to keep 3 people on the itinerary and just have them no show and get the port taxes back at the pier?

Yes, to #1.

Maybe to #2 (IS a rebooking!)

#3 might be too variable to answer easily.

Explanation...

Whenever you have a booking and you want to make "some change(s)," you fall into the specifications of the "Perks" available at THAT time becasue it is considered a rebooking! Maybe the perks will be the same, maybe they will be better, maybe you loose something. Best answer is: be prepared to be watchful and selective when you decide to make any change.

Think of it this way: If you rebook, you start all over from zero. Don't expect to be able to keep anything from your previous booking, it has been cancelled, it no longer exists. I know, I know, in reality they don't completely cancel the old booking, you might keep the same booking number, maybe even the same booking date. But if you tell yourself you'll lose everything, that will encourage you to make sure that you will truly get a better deal by rebooking. If it turns out that some of your old perks carry over, that's a bonus. Don't count on it.

As for the deposit, if you rebook, they will refund the deposit on your original booking, and then you need to pay a new deposit for the new booking. Again, they may not bother going through all these steps, but don't be surprised if they tell you that your $50 per person is no longer enough to secure the new booking.

They've had a reduced deposit offer (50% off the normal deposit) on and off for the past several months. And a reduced deposit offer doesn't save you any money anyway, unless you put yourself in a position where you lose your deposit (i.e. you fail to make final payment, and you also fail to call and cancel). There is no good reason for that to happen.

You can change cabins as long as they are in same category. I just did it and it was not a rebook. If you do a rebook for some other reason (different perks or whatever) and $50 deposit is not offered at that time, then yes you will have to pay the extra deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jtdlmc

coming up on dec 1 and i will be glad when it passes. too tempting

but if i did book 3 people and took the 3rd free plus free grats, then had to delete that person after final payment, do i screw myself out of one perk since that 3rd person free perk is meaningless to me. i realize i could only have a choice of an existing perk at that time but was hoping id keep my free service charges on the other 2 ppl.

but if i did book 3 people and took the 3rd free plus free grats, then had to delete that person after final payment, do i screw myself out of one perk since that 3rd person free perk is meaningless to me. i realize i could only have a choice of an existing perk at that time but was hoping id keep my free service charges on the other 2 ppl.

Look at the terms & conditions of the promotions. There is a very clear answer right in the beginning.

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/FreeAtSea-Aug2016?hide_hf=true

The 3rd would just drop off and you would keep the free grats and choose another like dining, beverage or internet.

Keep in mind that the free grats choice ends tomorrow 11/30.

Look at the terms & conditions of the promotions. There is a very clear answer right in the beginning.

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/FreeAtSea-Aug2016?hide_hf=true

Free at Sea Terms & Conditions

Free at Sea choice(s) must be selected at least 48 hours prior to sailing and cannot be changed on board. Bookings made within 48 hours to departure can choose promotion at time of booking.

Thanks for posting the link.

1. i can call them up and say sorry i cannot go, please refund my 50 If you book in the US directly with NCL, you can get a full refund up to final payment. For any reason. If you book through a TA, you need to verify that they do not have any non-refundable restrictions.

2. i can pretty much do anything but i would retain the perks i had at booking. i can change cabins up or down, i can add or delete passengers. (or does this count as a rebook and you get the perks in effect at the time? mind is fuzzy now) If you change your cabin class, it is a cancel and rebook. You would get whatever promotions are available at the time of rebooking.

3. if the answer to 2 is that changing cabins is a cancel and rebook, then what can i do to retain the same perks as i had before (just add or subtract a passenger?) If you change your cabin class, you can not retain your perks. You get whatever is available at the time of rebooking.

after final payment:

my understanding pretty much all i could do is upsell, full price upgrade, but is it definite that you can add and subtract passengers ? or is it best to keep 3 people on the itinerary and just have them no show and get the port taxes back at the pier? a full price upgrade is a rebooking (changing cabin class). After final payment, it is typically too late to do that. Upsells are typically to suites. You need to be prepared with lots of $$$ to do that.

Book with all three passengers. Cancel extra person if they are not going.

In regards to number 3. My Breakaway cruise October 2016 was book a year in advanced. Me and my ex broke up after final payment and I was able to take him off as a guest with no penalty. I booked at a promotion of 3/4th passenger sails free so cancelling him bumped my daughter to passenger #2 and I only got the taxes back for her being the 3rd passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums