Reflection / Equinox - Comparision

HappySailer88

I did some searching, Reflection is a little larger in size and has approx. 200 more passengers. Most areas look similar in the pictures I have seen. I would think the quality of the food and service would be the same. What else am I missing?? Please help.

The redid the Sunset Bar on Reflection. Much more deck space and couches etc. Bar no longer is against wall but an island with 360 access. They did a great job. Also, Reflection has Lawn Club Grill and The Porch instead of Hot Glass Show. I think Reflection still has Cellar Masters and Equinox changed it to Gastropub.

Also on Reflection: Pool moved to deck 14 and additional suites on deck 12 which is the reason for about 300 more passengers. The Sky Observation Lounge is not as large on Reflection due to 6 large suites in the front portside on deck 14. Thus, more people and less space for Sky Lounge. Both are excellent ships.

We sailed the Reflection in 2013, the wifester said it was now her favorite ship.

We sailed on the Equinox in 2014 & 2015, the wifester said '15 was our best cruise in 27 years! We are booked for 2017 back on the Equinox for the 10 day to the ABC islands.

Reflection, love the Lawn Club Grill

Equinox, the GastroBar and Silk Harvest are outstanding.

Both are great, cant really put one over the other.

We have sailed on both. If I had to pick one,

Reflection would be my pick due to LCG, Improved Sunset Bar layout.

With that said,

We leave on the Equinox next week, have found their itineraries a better fit.

We still consider ourselves new to cruising, and have been spoiled by the Reflection...I think. We would like to try the Equinox because of the stops and to try another ship. Thinking we wouldn't be disappointed, just never knew the differences. Has the ship been refurbished yet?? Is it showing much wear?? I thought after 7ish years they did a fresh'n up ??

We still consider ourselves new to cruising, and have been spoiled by the Reflection...I think. We would like to try the Equinox because of the stops and to try another ship. Thinking we wouldn't be disappointed, just never knew the differences. Has the ship been refurbished yet?? Is it showing much wear?? I thought after 7ish years they did a fresh'n up ??

2 years ago when the GastroBar was added.

With that said,

And we are going to miss not sailing with ya'll this year!

Beth -gimletgal- has been sending pics from the Equinox this week to make sure we don't forget what we are missing!

Have a great cruise.

EW

With that said,

This is too funny. We have sailed on both and my first choice is the Equinox, partly because the entertainment was the best ever. With that said, we are sailing back to back on Reflection in January/February as the prices/itineraries were better for us. Really, both are lovely ships.

We prefer Equinox..cettain areas were less crowded. The .layout works better for us having spa on same deck as the solarium...did not like the circular bar aft; , and I think EQ has Silk Harvest which we like and the larger panoramic nightclub area. BLU is bigger on Ref if you are in AQ,.

It's really personal taste...try them both & enjoy!

Have been on both this year and love both but for different reasons.....Equinox has the Gastrobar, Reflection does not and it is a great venue, we really enjoyed it. Also Equinox has Silk Harvest which we find to be MUCH better than Qsine, which is really just a gimmicky dining experience that grows old quickly.

Michael's Club on Reflection is larger and much more comfortable. Reflection has a nicer Sunset Bar and also the Lawn Club Grill which some really like..we also like the Porch on Reflection which Equinox does not have.

Certainly there are more similarities than differences on the two ships and both are maintained very well...age doesn't show much on either one.........

We DID find the crew on Equinox to be outstanding, among the best we've ever experienced on a ship.

No matter what I can't imagine you not enjoying whichever you choose!!!:D

What an increase in prices they have had there!!!! :eek: Will check it out over the holidays...but not sure we will stay and try and anything. No drink package for us...somehow that is never offered when we are booking as a perk!!! :) LuAnn

We were on Equinox this past Aug/Sept and just got off Reflection today. Both ships are great, but if I were make a cruise choice on ship alone, I'd pick Equinox. Reflection does have the Lawn Club Grill, but the ship design changes to accommodate more suites destroyed the Sky Lounge. I was so disappointed when I walked into it. It was so impressive on Equinox (and Silhouette) when you walked in and it opened up into a huge night club with large seating areas. On Reflection it looks like they squeezed it into space because they still had to have a Night Club since there's no Quasar on Reflection either. We enjoyed both cruises but prefer the Equinox more for just the ship. Just my opinion.

We were on Equinox this past Aug/Sept and just got off Reflection today. Both ships are great, but if I were make a cruise choice on ship alone, I'd pick Equinox. Reflection does have the Lawn Club Grill, but the ship design changes to accommodate more suites destroyed the Sky Lounge. I was so disappointed when I walked into it. It was so impressive on Equinox (and Silhouette) when you walked in and it opened up into a huge night club with large seating areas. On Reflection it looks like they squeezed it into space because they still had to have a Night Club since there's no Quasar on Reflection either. We enjoyed both cruises but prefer the Equinox more for just the ship. Just my opinion.

How would you rate Equinox with other compatible ships as a whole ? In the top 10 %

Thanks for your feed back!

We were on Equinox last Dec for the 2nd time it was even better last time than the 1st time we sailed on her in the med. we had the most fantastic cruise captain Leo, Alejandro and the entertainment was the best we have ever experienced just hope reflection lives up to that!

How would you rate Equinox with other compatible ships as a whole ? In the top 10 %

Thanks for your feed back!

Here are our last 7 cruises,

2003 RCCL Rhapsody of the Sea

2007 RCCL Mariner of the Sea

2011 RCCL Freedom of the Sea

2012 Ruby Princess

2013 Celebrity Reflection

2014 & 2015 Celebrity Equinox, and booked again for 2017

Can ya see a pattern that has developed here! :D

We have been sailing on the Equinox for the 10 & 11 days port stops, BUT if the ship were simply average, we would find another. It is outstanding.

EW

Beth -gimletgal- has been sending pics from the Equinox this week to make sure we don't forget what we are missing! EW

Wallie,

She sounds like a wonderful friend. ;) I guess I could send you pictures during our Christmas/New Year's cruise on Equinox. :rolleyes: :p