Cost per day pp

weregoingcruising

Our first ever RS on a 14-night cruise works out to be US$319 pp per night including gratuities and deducting all applicable OBC. I'm guessing that's really expensive judging by the prices above :S but I had seen RS prices go far higher and thought it was "ok".

Most people aren't posting the type of stateroom and perks included so you really can't compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people aren't posting the type of stateroom and perks included so you really can't compare.

Hmm on the contrary I thought most of the posters above had indicated the room category they were sailing on and also whether they had subtracted OBC etc...?

Is the $250 CAD or USD? Our cruise next Nov. comes in at $175 USD pp/pd. That's for a C1 stateroom with the Go Best (4 perks) package.

Canadian$$

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We never do the math. Here it is.

Cruise: Hong Kong to Shanghai

Length: 12 nights

Ship: Millennium

When: January 2017

Stateroom Type: S1 Sky Suite

Included: Premium Beverage package, gratuities and unlimited internet for two

Subtracted total OBC: $800

Price per day per person: $223 each

This does not include: 5 nights before cruise in Hong Kong. 5 nights at Disney Shanghai after for the Chinese New Year. Business Class airfare from Seattle.

Is the $250 CAD or USD? Our cruise next Nov. comes in at $175 USD pp/pd. That's for a C1 stateroom with the Go Best (4 perks) package.

Canadian$$

What is the point??

There really isn't much of a point, especially if you don't really care how much you spend or whatever anyone else spends. However, it makes some people feel good if they think they got a bargain...nothing wrong with that and better than posting the same questions over and over again...food for thought! Although, it may make some people feel worse.The type of ship, destination and duration, not to mention if you love to drink and know you can have all you want etc. are important to many people. It is really is difficult to compare unless you are in the same category on the same ship and dates...

Edited by Lastdance

We have to factor air fare into every cruise, so we try to maximize the value by doing B2Bs or, if we go to Europe, combining some family visiting. Last year we planned to visit our son in U.K. and just before we booked our air, we saw a TA for $1049 each. Since the air would have cost us around $400, and we found one way to FLL for $189, the effective cost to us was around $850 for fifteen days in a balcony cabin. The only perk we had was $200 OBC from our TA, but this went towards our gratuities, since we spent very little on board. Elite+ benefits cover our alcohol, internet and coffee requirements. Of course it would not have been such a good deal if we were not already committed to going to U.K.

Sheila

Jan 2016 7 night Eastern Caribbean Silhouette S1 corner aft

Go Best, $700 total OBC used toward a 128GB iPad mini.

$334.72 pppd

Jan 2015 7 night Eastern Caribbean Silhouette Concierge Guarantee resident rate

Prem Bev Pack purchased precruise via email offer discount, Gratuities from TA.

Zero OBC, no internet.

$221.77 pppd

I always do the math - helps compare between different cruises and cruise lines when they differ in number of days, amount of perks, etc.

We are doing the solstice -

Honolulu to Vancouver April 29, 2017

Classic bev package included; adding on premium and gratuities; balcony room

Total cost $4,455.60 for 12 days so $185.65 pp pd

No OBC but the TA got us this great price considering Celebrity's price is $245 pp pd.

By far the most we have ever spent on a cruise, we aim at keeping it $100 pp pd or below; but satisfied with the price; none of the Hawaii to Vancouver routes are budget friendly.

Edited by sanger727

There really isn't much of a point, especially if you don't really care how much you spend or whatever anyone else spends. However, it makes some people feel good if they think they got a bargain...nothing wrong with that and better than posting the same questions over and over again...food for thought! Although, it may make some people feel worse.The type of ship, destination and duration, not to mention if you love to drink and know you can have all you want etc. are important to many people. It is really is difficult to compare unless you are in the same category on the same ship and dates...

I agree. It's personal circumstances that will make all the difference. If you're not bothered where you go, or don't mind the cruising the Caribbean multiple times, can go last minute, not bothered on cabin type, any cabin will fit your needs i.e. solo or couple, can sail anytime during the year, like TAs and the consecutive sea days etc., then chances are your pp day is going to be less expensive than pax that have more restrictions and also want to see various places around the world ;).

I agree. It's personal circumstances that will make all the difference. If you're not bothered where you go, or don't mind the cruising the Caribbean multiple times, can go last minute, not bothered on cabin type, any cabin will fit your needs i.e. solo or couple, can sail anytime during the year, like TAs and the consecutive sea days etc., then chances are your pp day is going to be less expensive than pax that have more restrictions and also want to see various places around the world ;).

Not necessarily. My $90 a day is a balcony on a Rome to Dubai cruise. I would consider that seeing the world ;)

Not necessarily. My $90 a day is a balcony on a Rome to Dubai cruise. I would consider that seeing the world ;)

Totally agree. Our $150 pp/pd general parameters have allowed us to visit 6 continents (Antarctica was more than that for an expedition), never sail the Caribbean, virtually always in balcony cabins. For us, it is always about smart shopping, comparing, and avoiding, like the plague, "bucket list" cruises when they suddenly are on bucket lists. A good example is 2018 SA cruises. $8500 with $300 OBC (almost $300 pp/pd) for a AQ2 in a bad location. The Antarctic drive-by is even crazier: $11300- $300 or almost $400 pp/pd for the same cabin.

Book early or, if you can, book late. We have 9 sailings on the agenda, all booked early.

Did you book it prior to final payment and did you require more than one cabin next/adjacent to your stateroom? Additionally, is the cruise in the school holiday period? These are all factors that may alter your personal circumstances and so rule out certain sailings. If you're retired, can book last minute, aren't fussy on cabin type or only require one cabin anyway, then that can make it a lot easier to reduce the cost pp per day.

Edited by villauk

It's not until this time next year - November 2017. We booked it about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Could have our pick of cabins.

But November is not in the school holiday period, so that rules us out due, as I stated, to personal circumstances ;).