First timers in a balcony cabin

CruiseMuch?

if a Caribbean cruise, presumably most off us would bring sunscreen whether we have a balcony or not. thus, we would not b e bringining it specifically because of the balcony. I don't bring anything I can think of for use just because of balcony.

Makes sense. The only thing I have heard mentioned which MIGHT have special utility on a balcony is a hammock - probably not at all usable in public areas --- but I have a hard time visualizing how it would be hung - and why it would be significantly better than the lounger which would most likely be furnished if you had a balcony big enough for a hammock in the first place.

I would say the only thing I bring is something soft (like a yoga mat) to put on the floor, lay on and get a sun tan. Not sure if other people do this though!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All o ou ship balconies have hads cxhair loungges in addiion fo fale and chairs.

I would say the only thing I bring is something soft (like a yoga mat) to put on the floor, lay on and get a sun tan. Not sure if other people do this though!! Haha

All our ship balconies have had chaise lounges in addiionto table and chairs.

Edited by sail7seas

Afgter many hundreds off days with ship v eranahs, I cannott think o f anything specialI b ring to udsr out th ere except for a few c lips to hold a towel from bloeing off gther c haise lounges.

If you plan to play music, think of you neighbors who may not like your play list and should not have to listen to it.

danger_preview_featured.jpg

I was with you until u mentioned:

" a few c lips to hold a towel from bloeing off gther c haise lounges."

...sounds erotic:); could you please explain?

Edited by $hip$hape

Sorry that this isn't a very helpful post but you all just reminded me of a story...

I went on a cruise with my gran and she was on crutches for whatever reason. Managed to 'drop' one of her crutches over the edge. Never did find out how she did it!! Luckily we were in port and it landed on the side :')

So what to not bring... a crutch.

Or bring it but don't drop it.:D;)

Sorry that this isn't a very helpful post but you all just reminded me of a story...

I went on a cruise with my gran and she was on crutches for whatever reason. Managed to 'drop' one of her crutches over the edge. Never did find out how she did it!! Luckily we were in port and it landed on the side :')

So what to not bring... a crutch.

I take my crutch with me everywhere or is that my crotch.:eek:

Binoculars are always good for having handy when on the balcony. We enjoy the sunrise, and sunsets, breakfast, snacks or dinner on the balcony, sail into new ports or watching for pier runners and then the sail away. Cocktails in the afternoon or night cap before bed. All are great when on your own balcony.:D

As the originator of this thread, I will comment. Thank you for the thoughts. After reading, y'all are right, there does not seem to be much point to propping doors open.

The beach ball & tea lights are a great ideas.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess. Does anyone know if they provide regular chairs or chaise lounges on the balcony?

Thank you!

As the originator of this thread, I will comment. Thank you for the thoughts. After reading, y'all are right, there does not seem to be much point to propping doors open.

The beach ball & tea lights are a great ideas.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess. Does anyone know if they provide regular chairs or chaise lounges on the balcony?

Thank you!

Regular chairs and a small table.

Beach balls for foot rests are such a good idea, thanks :). I've now been on Amazon to compare them, for our Christmas/New Year cruise, as we're going to have 18 sea days with the return transatlantic. trying to decide on the best size!!!

It is not the size of the balls that matter but how you use them, too full or too flat and they do not work as well.