Dawn - Live 11/27

TheDougOut

What is the details on this? What are the benefits of booking next cruise while on board?

We bought two $250 certificates at a cost of $500, and received $250 of on board credit. So the net cost was $250 for $500 worth of future deposits.

When we returned home, we booked two rooms on the Escape in July 2017, and used a certificate for each. Some sailings allow you to use two certs on a single room, but this was not one of them (not that it matters, as we were getting two rooms anyways).

T&C: https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms

Edited by TheDougOut

After reading so many positive reviews of Maya Chan and then seeing your live review.... we paid our deposit tonight for the end of March! When I paid the invoice, I even mentioned that yours and Sue's reviews pushed me over the edge to the Point that I had to go ahead and book. Can't wait! Though I feel our experience will be opposite. My husband will be the one that sleeps all the time, and I'll be the one up wandering!

Edited by Hollr

After reading so many positive reviews of Maya Chan and then seeing your live review.... we paid our deposit tonight for the end of March!

We just booked 8 of us in July! Be careful... I sense Maya Chan is addicting.

One regret ill mention... we had a leisurely morning before heading out to grab our ride. That was a mistake. Next time we'll be prepared to leave the ship as soon as it has been cleared. Time flies by once you're there.

We just booked 8 of us in July! Be careful... I sense Maya Chan is addicting.

One regret ill mention... we had a leisurely morning before heading out to grab our ride. That was a mistake. Next time we'll be prepared to leave the ship as soon as it has been cleared. Time flies by once you're there.

What ship goes there in July ????

Just wanted to say thanks for all the effort you put into this great (and thorough review). I recently had booked the Dawn for a 10 day New Year's cruise for 2017 and was a bit hesitant since it is an older ship and the kids are used to all the bells and whistles of the newer RCCL ships. After completing your review, I am overjoyed I have the Dawn booked for this December. It looks like you had an amazing cruise and we hope to as well.

How did you do the 360 pic on deck swirling around you? just got a Ricoh 360. Can you give me a step by step? Thanks!

Ha! I assume you're not aware that the Carousel Bar actually rotates? All we did was plop a GoPro down on the bar and recorded a timelapse. The magic of the bar then took over.

I haven't attempted much video with the Ricoh.

Was there any noise from the pool or other areas in your suite 12520? Considering an upsell to an Owners Suite 12502. Any problems with foggy windows. Any info would be helpful. Currently have an aft suite on deck 10. On the fence with this deal.

Was there any noise from the pool or other areas in your suite 12520? Considering an upsell to an Owners Suite 12502. Any problems with foggy windows. Any info would be helpful. Currently have an aft suite on deck 10. On the fence with this deal.

No people-noise whatsoever, even when out on the balcony. We could hear the pool band in the distance, which was nice.

I don't have specific info about fogging in that front owners suite. This was as much as I could see of it (above the bridge)...

80a863a53b5e0943649630583c5ca5c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info Dug. Could you hear the pool band/music inside your room and how late is the pool area open?

Not at all. These rooms are ridiculously quiet on the inside. The family next to us had 3 or 4 young kids, and we never heard a thing.

The late night pool activity varies, with deck parties taking place some nights (white hot). Take a glance at the dailies I posted a few pages back for specific times.

But for this forward suite area on deck 12, once you step into the corridor you're surprisingly isolated from what's going on outside.

Edited by TheDougOut

There is a report of vandalism to the Artwork on the Dawn?? This damage was on the last sailing out of New Orleans...

Has anyone else heard of this damage???:mad:

Possibly a joke or someone who doesn't understand the twist implemented within the artwork during dry dock?

6218914b2f5c41d39c8db66a0c2e4088.jpg

If you were going to choose one specialty restaurant to go to on the Dawn, which one would it be? We are trying to decide so we can make reservations. Thanks for your amazing review!

Have you experienced specialty dining on other NCL ships? If you have, then it's definitely worth checking out Los Lobos as it's unique to the Dawn, and really offers a great experience.

If you're new to NCL, I'd suggest perusing the menus at LeBistro and Cagney's, and choosing one of those. You could always visit Los Lobos for a small plate or two - the guac and empanadas would work.

Have a great cruise!

There is a report of vandalism to the Artwork on the Dawn?? This damage was on the last sailing out of New Orleans...

Has anyone else heard of this damage???:mad:

From some of the pictures of the artwork post dry dock...... it looks like the art work was vandalized before installation.

update: it looks like TheDougOut was posting as I was saying approx the same thing

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Edited by esm54687

If you were going to choose one specialty restaurant to go to on the Dawn, which one would it be? We are trying to decide so we can make reservations. Thanks for your amazing review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Cuchina does great Italian justice. Gatsby does a great steak. Depend on your favorite. If it's only a choice of one, then it's up to your preference.

The art work is supposed to look like that on purpose.